Ships off California Coast.....Florida ports are actually working....democrat failure, republican success....

If you're shipping from Asia and going through the Panama Canal you've got the
  1. extra length of the journey,
  2. Panama Canal wait time going from Pacific to Atlantic
  3. Florida dock wait time
  4. Panama Canal wait time going from Atlantic to Pacific
I wonder how the sum of those 4 compares to the single wait time at L.A. and Long Beach?

Instead of diverting from California to Florida, it would be far better to manufacture things here.

Chart of Marine Traffic: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic
Then you have to factor in the rail lines.

This is what really puzzles me about the resistance to our laughably bad (compared to the rest of the world) infrastructure....
High speed rail is a commonplace reality in so many other nations but here, for some reason, we want to keep sending goods and people via aircraft and automobile. Imagine a 700 car bullet train carrying 700-800 of these containers to a terminal in the midwest... A truck would take days to make the trip with one or two of them. It would take hours with a train.

If you're shipping from Asia and going through the Panama Canal you've got the
  1. extra length of the journey,
  2. Panama Canal wait time going from Pacific to Atlantic
  3. Florida dock wait time
  4. Panama Canal wait time going from Atlantic to Pacific
I wonder how the sum of those 4 compares to the single wait time at L.A. and Long Beach?

Instead of diverting from California to Florida, it would be far better to manufacture things here.

Chart of Marine Traffic: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

"Instead of diverting from California to Florida, it would be far better to manufacture things here."

What a profound idea. All the big corporations that could move operations to China have already sold their souls to the devil.

If I were King for a day I'd say "EFF" em let China have em and cut ties.....and not allow a single past or present corporate officer set foot in American territory ever again. I bet American ingenuity in the face of those greed dominators gone would open up a world of opportunity for everyone else and their products would soon be replaced with far better, longer lasting QUALITY goods at good prices.

Those greed mongers have sold out America faster than donuts go at a Rosie ODonnell breakfast table.

Last edited:

DeSantis continues Florida ports push as remedy to supply chain crisis​

By Richard Tribou

Orlando Sentinel |

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:06 AM
". . . In a press conference on Tuesday from Jaxport in Jacksonville, DeSantis noted that at least one European container ship supplier has decided to utilize Jaxport for its U.S. unloading destination bringing an extra 1,000 containers a week through the port, highlighting an incentive package that could invite more customers to the state.

He also mentioned Port Everglades receiving nearly 7,000 containers from a ship this past weekend, and another ship from India coming in soon to the port with more than 9,000 containers.

“We in Florida have the ability to help alleviate the logjams and help ameliorate the problems with the supply chain,” he said. “Part of it is because we’ve long been committed to reliable, modern and accessible port facilities.”

President Joe Biden announced the ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach would be shifting to 24-hour operations seven days a week to help alleviate the problems of getting the lineup of cargo that is offshore awaiting to bring products into the U.S.

DeSantis noted that Florida’s ports already operate 24 hours a day.

“We’re here. We have capacity,” DeSantis said.. . . "

Yep.......stop sending your goods through the crap hole called California.....since sending them there will just mean they seat in the water doing nothing....

Go to Florida....

Yeah...so many ships full of Chinese crap going into Florida ports......

Then you have to factor in the rail lines.

This is what really puzzles me about the resistance to our laughably bad (compared to the rest of the world) infrastructure....
High speed rail is a commonplace reality in so many other nations but here, for some reason, we want to keep sending goods and people via aircraft and automobile. Imagine a 700 car bullet train carrying 700-800 of these containers to a terminal in the midwest... A truck would take days to make the trip with one or two of them. It would take hours with a train.
Nobody carries freight on high speed trains.

Don't worry, everyone but you understands.

Your point is so simple...you can't explain it. Got it. LOL

Meanwhile back in reality...the Chinese have developed a freight train capable of doing 350KPH....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back