Ships off California Coast.....Florida ports are actually working....democrat failure, republican success....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep.......stop sending your goods through the crap hole called California.....since sending them there will just mean they seat in the water doing nothing....

Go to Florida....

Yep.......stop sending your goods through the crap hole called California.....since sending them there will just mean they seat in the water doing nothing....

Go to Florida....

I moved here 4 years ago, from the insane state of Virginia. Progressives are really that stupid.

Binet-Simon_scale.jpg

If you're shipping from Asia and going through the Panama Canal you've got the
  1. extra length of the journey,
  2. Panama Canal wait time going from Pacific to Atlantic
  3. Florida dock wait time
  4. Panama Canal wait time going from Atlantic to Pacific
I wonder how the sum of those 4 compares to the single wait time at L.A. and Long Beach?

Instead of diverting from California to Florida, it would be far better to manufacture things here.

Chart of Marine Traffic: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Last edited:
If you're shipping from Asia and going through the Panama Canal you've got the
  1. extra length of the journey,
  2. Panama Canal wait time going from Pacific to Atlantic
  3. Florida dock wait time
  4. Panama Canal wait time going from Atlantic to Pacific
I wonder how the sum of those 4 compares to the single wait time at L.A. and Long Beach?

Instead of diverting from California to Florida, it would be far better to manufacture things here.
So your 2 cents worth is to stay off the coast of California waiting months while your cargo rots, and take the loss?

2aguy
Yup. Cape Canaveral and Tampa have deep bay ports. They can offload right there. Florida is a right to work state so no unions.
Pretty easy to brag about low wait times when you’re not in demand.

Ports in LA are breaking records for handling cargo. Florida is sitting around in comparison.

So your 2 cents worth is to stay off the coast of California waiting months while your cargo rots, and take the loss?

Months? can you provide a link to the fact ships are waiting months to off load?

I still cannot believe Carter gave the Panama canal away.
The Panama Canal give-away was one of the two things I recall Ronald Reagan harping about on his brief 5 minutes or so daily radio commentary that interrupted the music. I didn't see anything Reagan could do about it once he took office. The other matter he took an intense objection to was Carter's creation of the Cabinet's Department of Education. When it comes to disbelief I didn't understand how that department survived once Reagan took over. But I was a lot younger back then and rather naive about politicians and their stances.

Of course Florida is running more efficiently and effectively…and the demafasict cultist in Cali aren’t

Go to Florida....

Oakland port is open and almost out of ships to unload. Never go to floodida for anything but the poor house.

Forum List

Back