Florida Is on Its Way to Banning -- and Criminalizing -- Alternative Meat

1710690414148.png

~S~

No, but I don't think fake stuff that really hasn't been studied for any length of time to see if it has any adverse

effects on people should be allowed on the open market until it has been vetted better.

Just what study do you think needs to be done that has not been? How should it be vetted that it hasn't yet been? Cultivated meat has apparently been approved in Singapore since the end of 2020, so there should be at least some real-world data about it to be gained there.

And while the stuff is 'fake' in the sense that it isn't being cut from an animal carcass, it's grown from animal cells, so it's not fake like an impossible burger or that sort of thing.

I'm all for safety regulation in the food industry, but the FDA and USDA have approved the sale from 2 companies, so hopefully it's gone through at least SOME amount of inspection. There are overall issues with food regulation in general, but that's true for all food, not just this lab-grown stuff. And one thing I saw brought up in favor of the lab-grown meat is that since it's not from animals, it should be less likely to have common meat-born contaminants like salmonella.

Safety concerns are valid, but outright banning any lab-grown meat seems like overreach.

I’m a humanitarian, I dont like to see dumb people jeopardize their health for a political fallacy.

people all over the world eat all kinds of things people like you would find gross. Does not mean they are health hazards.

You, like all mindless partisan drones, cannot imagine anyone being different than you.

people all over the world eat all kinds of things people like you would find gross. Does not mean they are health hazards.

You, like all mindless partisan drones, cannot imagine anyone being different than you.
Not true…you don’t personally know me fool…

I can say, eat what you want, but we here in America have the FDA for a reason…

Authoritarian Governor DeSantis is not content w/just banning it, which is bad enough, he wants to criminalize it.

Republicans, the party of "small government."

Everybody's cool w/this?
DeSantis more then likely tried to shakedown that industry for campaign cash & they refused.

Not true…you don’t personally know me fool…

True, your persona on here might be totally made up and nothing like you are in real life. But all I can go by is what you post on here, and what I said is based on your post on this forum.

Just what study do you think needs to be done that has not been? How should it be vetted that it hasn't yet been? Cultivated meat has apparently been approved in Singapore since the end of 2020, so there should be at least some real-world data about it to be gained there.

And while the stuff is 'fake' in the sense that it isn't being cut from an animal carcass, it's grown from animal cells, so it's not fake like an impossible burger or that sort of thing.

I'm all for safety regulation in the food industry, but the FDA and USDA have approved the sale from 2 companies, so hopefully it's gone through at least SOME amount of inspection. There are overall issues with food regulation in general, but that's true for all food, not just this lab-grown stuff. And one thing I saw brought up in favor of the lab-grown meat is that since it's not from animals, it should be less likely to have common meat-born contaminants like salmonella.

Safety concerns are valid, but outright banning any lab-grown meat seems like overreach.
"hopefully" he says. :auiqs.jpg:

Talk about ignorance, there is widespread research into using insects as a mass source of protein...
For animal feed, not human consumption.
Talk about ignorance, there is widespread research into using insects as a mass source of protein...

Anyway, the meme is outstanding. Greta Thunberg, "Climate Gods," great stuff and quite witty and funny. The Climate Crisis is a new religion for Leftists - we all must sacrifice for the Climate Gods on CNN.
You guys live for your Poutrage don't-cha?

"Various insects have emerged as novel feed resources due to their economical, eco-friendly, and nutritive characteristics. Fish, poultry, and pigs are livestock that can feed on insects. The digestibility of insect-containing meals were presented by the species, life stage, nutritional component, and processing methods. Several studies have shown a reduced apparent digestibility coefficient (ADC) when insects were supplied as a replacement for commercial meals related to chitin. Although the expression of chitinase mRNA was present in several livestock, indigestible components in insects, such as chitin or fiber, could be a reason for the reduced ADC. However, various components can positively affect livestock health. Although the bio-functional properties of these components have been verified in vitro, they show positive health-promoting effects owing to their functional expression when directly applied to animal diets.

True, your persona on here might be totally made up and nothing like you are in real life. But all I can go by is what you post on here, and what I said is based on your post on this forum.
So, maybe you shouldn’t make such concrete judgements, makes you look foolish and petty.

Not SMALL Government, PROPER Government. This is a matter of preventing DRAUD against the population.

I am totally in agreement with doing this

Of course you are, you are the biggest nanny state proponent on this forum. If you had your way every single thing you do not agree with personally would be outlawed

You can’t defend your own assumptions so you try to turn it on me, just like a dumb dem.

I did defend my assumptions, they are based 100% off what you post on here. That is all I have to go by.

Of course you are, you are the biggest nanny state proponent on this forum. If you had your way every single thing you do not agree with personally would be outlawed
Not everything I disagree with, just everything I find to be immoral and contrary to traditional values. I might dislike New England Patriots fans but I’m not calling for them to be executed.

Forum List

Back