Florida Is on Its Way to Banning -- and Criminalizing -- Alternative Meat

Suddenly they're all about the government protecting people.

That evil, corrupt government that they despise.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C.S. Lewis

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their
Hey, no one's stopping you...Eat up!
1710688335374.png

And, right on cue, a MAGA-level response.

Ignorant authoritarians. Great combination there. Dunning-Kruger Effect.
Who's trying to force Americans to eat bugs? The WEF, that's who, and that's as authoritarian

as it gets, you fucking myopic misanthrope!

Hey, no one's stopping you...Eat up!

This is, and has always been, the difference between you and I.

If you do not agree with something or have no desire to do it, you think the Govt should ban it or make it illegal.

I do not want the Govt to ban things I do not do as I know others want to do them and it is their right to do so.

I feel very confident in saying I eat more meat than most people, but if someone wants to eat bugs or "fake meat" I say "more power to them", let them have the same freedom I do.

For those who hate real meat, but love soyburgers, you can always order them online.

Who cares if Florida bans soy meat?

This is, and has always been, the difference between you and I.

If you do not agree with something or have no desire to do it, you think the Govt should ban it or make it illegal.

I do not want the Govt to ban things I do not do as I know others want to do them and it is their right to do so.

I feel very confident in saying I eat more meat than most people, but if someone wants to eat bugs or "fake meat" I say "more power to them", let them have the same freedom I do.
Do you also respect the right of fervent religious zealots withholding medical treatment for their children?

So, everyone was cool with a federal agency deciding what is, and isn't food (FDA); but if a State does the same... Holy fucking authoritarian shit! Circle the fuckin' wagons...

Doesn't get more ignorant that that meme. We eat animals that eat bugs. But who gets all poutraged by the natural food chain. You have to pretend that the powers that be want you to eat bugs instead of meat.

Talk about ignorance, there is widespread research into using insects as a mass source of protein...

Anyway, the meme is outstanding. Greta Thunberg, "Climate Gods," great stuff and quite witty and funny. The Climate Crisis is a new religion for Leftists - we all must sacrifice for the Climate Gods on CNN.

Yet you all are the one supporting it while I am against it.

Seems you worship the Govt, not me.
No, but I don't think fake stuff that really hasn't been studied for any length of time to see if it has any adverse

effects on people should be allowed on the open market until it has been vetted better.

Do you also respect the right of fervent religious zealots withholding medical treatment for their children?

Of course not as there is an innocent person involved, the child.

How does someone wanting to eat bugs or "fake meat" harm you or anyone else?

Forum List

Back