Florida Is on Its Way to Banning -- and Criminalizing -- Alternative Meat

Authoritarian Governor DeSantis is not content w/just banning it, which is bad enough, he wants to criminalize it.

Republicans, the party of "small government."

Everybody's cool w/this?
It seems extreme. . . OTH, folks are so dumb these days, they actually bleev these are healthy options.. . . so I sorta get it.

This seems like a clown werld version of something California would do.

Article_Why-Fake-Meat-is-a-Problem-Not-a-Solution_Infographic_202005-1024x1024.jpg

". .The Myths and Facts about Fake and Real Meat​

With all of these questionable ingredients, why are these mock meats viewed as a better alternative to real beef? Here are some common myths I’ve heard about meat and the truth about why it should be a part of your healthy diet.

Environmental Concerns

Myth: Fake meat is better for the environment because the beef industry produces excessive greenhouse gasses and destroys the environment.
Fact: Ingredients such as pea protein and canola oil also contribute to greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, and land use. You can read more about greenhouse gases in this article.

Fat and Cholesterol

Myth: Meat is rich in fat and cholesterol and causes increased blood cholesterol levels and coronary heart disease.11
Fact: Lean red meat, trimmed of excess fat, does not increase cardiovascular risk factors. It contains protein that’s easy for your body to use, as well as vitamins and minerals your body needs.12

Nutrition

Myth: Fake meat is a good source of essential nutrients including vitamins and minerals.
Fact: Fake meat is also missing key beneficial fatty acids, vitamins and minerals found in animal protein such as vitamin B12. Additionally, heme-iron is the most bioavailable form of iron, and it can only be found in real animal protein.

Overall Health

Myth: Fake meat is a safe, healthy alternative to real meat.
Truth: GMOs are a cause for concern from the soy in fake meat. There is little research on the long-term effects of the ingredient soy leghemoglobin because it was only recently extracted from soybean roots and modified for food processing before Impossible™ Foods’ meat products. Studies on rats fed soy leghemoglobin showed unexplained changes in weight and inflammation markers in the blood.

Sodium

Myth: Meals featuring beef products are full of sodium.
Fact: Most often, the sodium boost comes from toppings and condiments such as pickles, bacon, cheese, mustard, etc. that may also be used on fake meat burgers. Further, a fake meat patty itself has nearly 400 mg of sodium.

Vegan/Vegetarianism

Myth: Avoiding meat is the best diet for a healthy body.
Fact: As a doctor, I don’t recommend a vegan or vegetarian diet including vegetarian meat substitutes for optimal health. Avoiding meat can make it difficult to get enough essential nutrients including iron, vitamin B, and even protein. Beans, grains, and dairy can lead to leaky gut and increased inflammation throughout your body. . . "

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C.S. Lewis

"hopefully" he says. :auiqs.jpg:

As I said, there are issues with the FDA/USDA in general, but that's true for all food, not in any way specific to the lab grown meat. Additionally, you neither made an argument that lab-grown meat should be banned because of issues with the FDA/USDA, nor did you explain just what sort of vetting you think has not been done that should be.

False Dichotomy fallacy, there are many other possibilities. FAIL!

I truly admire the loyalty you all have for your fellow tribe members, jumping to their defense like this.

Well done good and faithful drone

The fake meat stuff is gross, but the only role government should play in this is making sure the food is properly labeled so that people actually know what's in it.

I truly admire the loyalty you all have for your fellow tribe members, jumping to their defense like this.

Well done good and faithful drone
It's called "Stickin' up for your boy", something I'm sure you've never done, pussy.

I'd buy raw milk from a farmer as often as I could if I lived closer to him.
It is all about regulatory capture, and Wall Street. We have folks on this site, like Dante' and Golfing Gator, that are embarrassingly wrong so often, they need to change their handle, rather than admit how much they are sell outs.

If it weren't for the double standards of these sellouts? They would have no standards at all.

:auiqs.jpg:

The Real Reason Mustard Oil Is Banned For Consumption In The US

The mustard oil mystery: Why is it banned in the US and Europe?

The real truth?

Big Pharma, and Big Medical. . WANT us eating unhealthy, so we have to depend on a corrupt medical industry for treatments. . not cures.

If it is good for ya? It will be highly regulated and suppressed, or outright banned or requiring a script, and if it isn't? Have as much as you want.

:lol:

Forum List

Back