First American slave owner was BLACK.

I don't believe it. They couldn't possibly have good record keeping back then.
we have records that go back thousands of years,,,and this one is court records and they are heavily protected and preserved,,,
There was white on white slavery thousands of years ago, and your point is?
That it's all bullshit.
Slavery is not bullshit. It's real.

Indeed, and still practiced heavily in Africa. Why don't their black lives matter?
We don't live and rule in Africa. Next?

So those black lives don't matter. Gotcha.

we have records that go back thousands of years,,,and this one is court records and they are heavily protected and preserved,,,
That it's all bullshit.

Indeed, and still practiced heavily in Africa. Why don't their black lives matter?
Why are you so triggered into defending your point of view in a "useless" thread?
I'm not. I'm leaving you to your useless thread that does nothing but make excuses for your own make believe guilt over never owning slaves. Lol! See you.

sorry but your to fucking stupid to get the point,,,
You'll never make one, so that makes two of us. The one who had no point, and the other who thought there might be one.

not quite!

Many White Supremacist groups have developed an argument that Anthony Johnson was the first legal slave owner in the British colonies that became the United States. That claim is historically false and misleading. Anthony Johnson was, in fact, enslaved by an English settler on his arrival to North America. The development of the institution of slavery in North America was complex and nuanced. In the 17th century, the enslavement of Africans co-existed with indentured servitude, and laws governing both were in flux. Some of the enslaved, like Johnson, were able to gain their freedom, own land, and benefit from the servitude of others. By the beginning of the 18th century, however, colonies began to make legal distinctions based on new racial categories; the legal status of African Americans deteriorated while the rights of European Americans gained increased protection. A system of slavery in which enslavement was lifelong, hereditary, and based solely on race was established.

not quite!

Many White Supremacist groups have developed an argument that Anthony Johnson was the first legal slave owner in the British colonies that became the United States. That claim is historically false and misleading. Anthony Johnson was, in fact, enslaved by an English settler on his arrival to North America. The development of the institution of slavery in North America was complex and nuanced. In the 17th century, the enslavement of Africans co-existed with indentured servitude, and laws governing both were in flux. Some of the enslaved, like Johnson, were able to gain their freedom, own land, and benefit from the servitude of others. By the beginning of the 18th century, however, colonies began to make legal distinctions based on new racial categories; the legal status of African Americans deteriorated while the rights of European Americans gained increased protection. A system of slavery in which enslavement was lifelong, hereditary, and based solely on race was established.
And blacks were the owners of some of those slaves.

Never implied that now did I.

Have you ever heard it taught that not only did blacks own slaves, but that they were the first?
Everyone owned slaves. The thread is pointless to the oppression of the modern era.

You made the point that Blacks owned slaves first. And? What does that have to do with anything? Your own excuses?
So, why should only whites feel guilt like society wants?
I'm white, and I don't feel guilty. I just learn from history and let my own moral compass tell me what's right. I never owned slaves so I feel no guilt about that. But, what I do know is, Blacks are subjected to modern day white power and money, and have never been accepted into white society. How do we know? Whites would have never created the conspiracy of section 8 housing to keep them segregated, if whites truly believed in their inclusion.
Now watch this hypocrite for what he just said.
I'm white, and I don't feel guilty.
Then he says this.
Blacks are subjected to modern day white power and money, and have never been accepted into white society.
So his white guilt has him blinded that it is whites causing
Anthony Johnson was ONE of the first black Africans to legally own a slave in America. Slavery was legal at the time.
No, slavery didnt happen until Johnson sued to keep his slaves as slaves(not indentured servants) in the courts of King George. You really need to read up on your history because you are one dumb retard..

not quite!

Yeah, when it was found out Johnson was the first slave owner, the revisionist had to change history for the Democrats just like they have tried to distance themselves as the owners of slave, fought to keep slaves, terrorized the exslaves and then keep them subjugated to the white Democrats who feed them and give them a home.

That it's all bullshit.

Reality is Slavery still exists around the World and North Korea is considered one of the biggest Slave States on this planet and yet everyone act like Slavery is rare and only Whites ever did it.

You just wrote about how White Society does not accept the Black community while ignoring reality slavery still goes on in this country with sex slave labor to Hispanics, Asians and Africans along with Eastern Europeans being kept as slaves but let ignore reality and pretend it does not exist like many on the left do...

Well I hate to break up the party but this story is untrue Anthony Johnson was not the first slave Owner.

It is the old “First Slave in America was owned by a black person” story. I understand that some people are paid to be comedians, but sometimes good free comedy is available. This is one of those times. The story told is that Anthony Johnson, a black man, owned the first slave ever in America. He accomplished this feat in 1655. They even have a photograph picture of Johnson online from the 1600’s. Never mind that it was not possible to take photos in the 1600’s and Johnson would have lived over 200 years for that to be accomplished. The first photo was taken in 1826. The man portrayed in the image isn't Anthony Johnson, it is Lewis Hayden. Hayden was actually an African-American leader who escaped with his family from slavery in Kentucky. Before the American Civil War, he and his wife aided numerous fugitive slaves on the Underground Railroad, often sheltering them at their house.

1593221207487.png

The first slaves are documented to have come to America in 1619 by the 1619 Project. However, if one wants to reject the findings of the 1619 Project, just visit the state of Virginia and you will find documented a case about John Punch, a black man who was made a slave for life in 1640 by decision made by the Virginia’s Governors Council. Or you could go to Massachusetts and discover they began slavery in 1643. Johnson was not the first slave owner in America. Still, despite these realities people believe that.

I'll bet Republican revisionist history glosses over white on white slavery. Does this thread have a point?
LMAO ...

The point of this thread is that Slavery in the US was started by a Black man ....

An inconvenient truth that you apparently refuse to acknowledge.

not quite!

Yeah, when it was found out Johnson was the first slave owner, the revisionist had to change history for the Democrats just like they have tried to distance themselves as the owners of slave, fought to keep slaves, terrorized the exslaves and then keep them subjugated to the white Democrats who feed them and give them a home.
no dufus! the ilks like you, are trying to rewrite history!

he was not the first slave owner in America, and he never owned a slave for life... they were indentured servants at the time, and once they served their time, paying back the person who paid for their journey here, they were freed. He was an indentured servant when he first came here, he worked and served his time for the passage here, then was freed.... and then he paid for others to come here, and they were indentured to him, until their time and bill were served and paid....

Unwillful and hereditary Slave ownership for life, came a time after him...

Forum List

Back