First American slave owner was BLACK.

not quite!

Many White Supremacist groups have developed an argument that Anthony Johnson was the first legal slave owner in the British colonies that became the United States. That claim is historically false and misleading. Anthony Johnson was, in fact, enslaved by an English settler on his arrival to North America. The development of the institution of slavery in North America was complex and nuanced. In the 17th century, the enslavement of Africans co-existed with indentured servitude, and laws governing both were in flux. Some of the enslaved, like Johnson, were able to gain their freedom, own land, and benefit from the servitude of others. By the beginning of the 18th century, however, colonies began to make legal distinctions based on new racial categories; the legal status of African Americans deteriorated while the rights of European Americans gained increased protection. A system of slavery in which enslavement was lifelong, hereditary, and based solely on race was established.
And blacks were the owners of some of those slaves.
Freed blacks primarily purchased family members, spouses and children.
"primarily" LOL
So why you keep posting that bullshit with the same debunked picture and story? Are you fucking retarded? :)
Debunked my ass, blacks owned slaves. It's part of our nasty history, just a part that's been glossed over by people like you.
Your claim was that the first person to own a slave was a Black person. That silly shit has been debunked. 99.9% of the Blacks that did own slaves owned their relatives to keep them from being enslaved by whites. Thats just a fact that silly ass white boys like you gloss over.
That's true, I also baited you into arguing a pointless argument. I don't really know who owned the first slave. You can find "evidence" both ways. The main point is all races have owned slaves and that point can't be argued, it's just a fact you'll have to live with.
I didnt argue. I just pointed out that it was debunked and you were a silly white boy. There is no evidence both ways. The point is that you are wrong and your subsequent deflection was wrong as well. :)
Blacks owned slaves, deal with it however you wish.
I would own my relatives if it keep them from the filthy grasps of whites too. You deal with it. :)
Revised history, nothing more. Blacks owned slaves, democrats are the party of the KKK, and Jim Crow laws. Face it, your side are the racists.
Nothing revised about it. Of course Blacks owned slaves to keep their family members safe. Democrats were the KKK but now they are republicans. Face it. Your side has always been the racists which is why the racists vote for your side.
LOL
Oh so now you laughing? So why do racists vote for your side then? :lol:
Only racists in the world are repubs. What world do you people live in. Do you not know there are racist people from all walks of life? DAMN>
You must realize the truth. No wonder you deflected instead of telling me why all the racists and white supremacists for repubs. :)
1593314655242.png

not quite!

Many White Supremacist groups have developed an argument that Anthony Johnson was the first legal slave owner in the British colonies that became the United States. That claim is historically false and misleading. Anthony Johnson was, in fact, enslaved by an English settler on his arrival to North America. The development of the institution of slavery in North America was complex and nuanced. In the 17th century, the enslavement of Africans co-existed with indentured servitude, and laws governing both were in flux. Some of the enslaved, like Johnson, were able to gain their freedom, own land, and benefit from the servitude of others. By the beginning of the 18th century, however, colonies began to make legal distinctions based on new racial categories; the legal status of African Americans deteriorated while the rights of European Americans gained increased protection. A system of slavery in which enslavement was lifelong, hereditary, and based solely on race was established.
"primarily" LOL
So why you keep posting that bullshit with the same debunked picture and story? Are you fucking retarded? :)
Debunked my ass, blacks owned slaves. It's part of our nasty history, just a part that's been glossed over by people like you.
Your claim was that the first person to own a slave was a Black person. That silly shit has been debunked. 99.9% of the Blacks that did own slaves owned their relatives to keep them from being enslaved by whites. Thats just a fact that silly ass white boys like you gloss over.
That's true, I also baited you into arguing a pointless argument. I don't really know who owned the first slave. You can find "evidence" both ways. The main point is all races have owned slaves and that point can't be argued, it's just a fact you'll have to live with.
I didnt argue. I just pointed out that it was debunked and you were a silly white boy. There is no evidence both ways. The point is that you are wrong and your subsequent deflection was wrong as well. :)
That's disingenuous, but its all you got.

not quite!

"primarily" LOL
I would own my relatives if it keep them from the filthy grasps of whites too. You deal with it. :)
Revised history, nothing more. Blacks owned slaves, democrats are the party of the KKK, and Jim Crow laws. Face it, your side are the racists.
Nothing revised about it. Of course Blacks owned slaves to keep their family members safe. Democrats were the KKK but now they are republicans. Face it. Your side has always been the racists which is why the racists vote for your side.
LOL
Only racists in the world are repubs. What world do you people live in. Do you not know there are racist people from all walks of life? DAMN>
You must realize the truth. No wonder you deflected instead of telling me why all the racists and white supremacists for repubs. :)
View attachment 356141
Byrd had long denounced the KKK by the time this picture was taken.

How Many Slaves Did Blacks Own?

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

Pressly also shows that the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia. So why did these free black people own these slaves?

It is reasonable to assume that the 42 percent of the free black slave owners who owned just one slave probably owned a family member to protect that person, as did many of the other black slave owners who owned only slightly larger numbers of slaves. As Woodson put it in 1924's Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, "The census records show that the majority of the Negro owners of slaves were such from the point of view of philanthropy. In many instances the husband purchased the wife or vice versa … Slaves of Negroes were in some cases the children of a free father who had purchased his wife. If he did not thereafter emancipate the mother, as so many such husbands failed to do, his own children were born his slaves and were thus reported to the numerators."

Moreover, Woodson explains, "Benevolent Negroes often purchased slaves to make their lot easier by granting them their freedom for a nominal sum, or by permitting them to work it out on liberal terms." In other words, these black slave-owners, the clear majority, cleverly used the system of slavery to protect their loved ones.

The racists here want to keep arguing about slavery, but blacks did not create jim crow laws, black codes, vagrancy laws, sundown towns, separate but equal, convict leasing, restrictive covenants, red lining or contract selling. All these things happened after slavery and not one of the whites who are racists here such as the OP, want to address these things.

not quite!

"primarily" LOL
LOL
1593353160983.png

not quite!

"primarily" LOL
No, actually I have plenty more for you to deflect.

not quite!

"primarily" LOL
LOL
View attachment 356141
Should have denounced the democrat party since they were the party of the KKK, Jim Crow Laws, etc.

How Many Slaves Did Blacks Own?

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

Pressly also shows that the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia. So why did these free black people own these slaves?

It is reasonable to assume that the 42 percent of the free black slave owners who owned just one slave probably owned a family member to protect that person, as did many of the other black slave owners who owned only slightly larger numbers of slaves. As Woodson put it in 1924's Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, "The census records show that the majority of the Negro owners of slaves were such from the point of view of philanthropy. In many instances the husband purchased the wife or vice versa … Slaves of Negroes were in some cases the children of a free father who had purchased his wife. If he did not thereafter emancipate the mother, as so many such husbands failed to do, his own children were born his slaves and were thus reported to the numerators."

Moreover, Woodson explains, "Benevolent Negroes often purchased slaves to make their lot easier by granting them their freedom for a nominal sum, or by permitting them to work it out on liberal terms." In other words, these black slave-owners, the clear majority, cleverly used the system of slavery to protect their loved ones.

The racists here want to keep arguing about slavery, but blacks did not create jim crow laws, black codes, vagrancy laws, sundown towns, separate but equal, convict leasing, restrictive covenants, red lining or contract selling. All these things happened after slavery and not one of the whites who are racists here such as the OP, want to address these things.
Yea, blacks didn't own Many slaves and the ones they did own, they owned to protect them. LOL

Dance democrats dance.

188c73b1-c7ef-4fd9-a446-1d93aa00c77e.jpg

By 1850, Ellison had 37 slaves while his sons owned another 16. He was one of about 180 black slave masters in South Carolina at the time, most of whom were former slaves themselves. Like Ellison, they realized that the only way to get out of the lower middle class that so many freed blacks were stuck in, was slave labor. With nearly 9,000 free blacks in South Carolina, that 180 made up a tiny percentage who were willing to do anything to compete with the upper class white slaveowners at the time. Just because they owned slaves though did not mean they were treated equally among slaveowners. As Ellison subtly hints in his letter, white slave owners would avoid interacting with African Americans as much as possible. Ellison provided many whites in the area with what were the best cotton gins available which meant that if they wanted to produce the most cotton, they would have to do business with them. They would often try to avoid paying him though. Despite the discrimination, blacks owning blacks continued all the way up to the Civil War, with many African American slave owners, including Ellison, contributing and supporting the Confederate side.

Ellison (if I have the right guy), was worth over 250,000 bucks in the mid 1800's now take into account inflation.......

I was bored lol

btw, since this is well known and published court records why would the op choose to put this in conspiracy instead of history?

Democrats are the party of labor unions.

If a black man is apprenticed to a master in some labor-union trade or another, say as a lineman, electrician, plumber, pipefitter, boilermaker, steamfitter, diesel mechanic, carpenter, framer, Mason, etc., etc., Does that make him a slave to his trade?

What are the terms of apprenticeship in modern labor unions today in comparison to slavery in colonial days?

If you haven't figured out by now who has all the money and power, you've been living in a cave this whole time.
Look the 1% doesn't change, it hasn't changed in recorded history and it never will, the Communist of China have the same elite class, so does Democratic Russia. It's the opportunity we have that separates us from the rest, my single white mother had no advantages, you have this misconception someone owes Blacks money or power, do you know how stupid that is or sounds? I didn't have any advantages because I am White, we don't live in a Racist Society at all, does Racism exist, sure, but BLM is a funnel of money for the DNC and who runs all the states and major metropolitan cities, Democrats...
As for your off topic morality question on abortion, the fact that abortion is morality, unless you can prove otherwise.
So how do you justify killing unborn babies? That's not a morality issue for you? Really? It amazes me how disconnected so many are defending this, especially Blacks, they continue to be controlled by the DNC, such fools...
I'm in denial? Really? How so?
The BLM crowd thinks your a fool, they will throw you under their bus in a split second, this so called movement is nothing but divide and conquer, if it's as bad as they claim, when do they become responsible for the fatherless homes? The Black on Black murder rate? How many more opportunities does this part of our society need? If I'm held to one standard, yet you want to tell me Blacks are held to a totally different standard, it will never work...

If you haven't figured out by now who has all the money and power, you've been living in a cave this whole time.
Look the 1% doesn't change, it hasn't changed in recorded history and it never will, the Communist of China have the same elite class, so does Democratic Russia. It's the opportunity we have that separates us from the rest, my single white mother had no advantages, you have this misconception someone owes Blacks money or power, do you know how stupid that is or sounds? I didn't have any advantages because I am White, we don't live in a Racist Society at all, does Racism exist, sure, but BLM is a funnel of money for the DNC and who runs all the states and major metropolitan cities, Democrats...
As for your off topic morality question on abortion, the fact that abortion is morality, unless you can prove otherwise.
So how do you justify killing unborn babies? That's not a morality issue for you? Really? It amazes me how disconnected so many are defending this, especially Blacks, they continue to be controlled by the DNC, such fools...
I'm in denial? Really? How so?
The BLM crowd thinks your a fool, they will throw you under their bus in a split second, this so called movement is nothing but divide and conquer, if it's as bad as they claim, when do they become responsible for the fatherless homes? The Black on Black murder rate? How many more opportunities does this part of our society need? If I'm held to one standard, yet you want to tell me Blacks are held to a totally different standard, it will never work...
The opportunity doesn't exist for most blacks unless they have a talent. With whites, it's inheritance. Poor whites are in just as bad a shape, and are used and disposable. Just look at what happened in the West Virginia coal mines.

I never said someone owes Blacks money. You did. That's your invention, not mine. And yes, it does sound stupid, because you are the only one saying it.

You also didn't answer my moral question on abortion? Are you afraid that the science is not on your side? Can you even debate the science? Of course you can't. So save yourself the embarrassment of trying.

"Fatherless homes, black on black murder?" Do you have what it takes to really understand the dynamics of 400 years of oppression? I don't think so. You are too shallow minded to go down that road.

not quite!

"primarily" LOL
LOL
View attachment 356141
Should have denounced the democrat party since they were the party of the KKK, Jim Crow Laws, etc.
That was the old Republican party. Try again.

Democrats are the party of labor unions.

If a black man is apprenticed to a master in some labor-union trade or another, say as a lineman, electrician, plumber, pipefitter, boilermaker, steamfitter, diesel mechanic, carpenter, framer, Mason, etc., etc., Does that make him a slave to his trade?

What are the terms of apprenticeship in modern labor unions today in comparison to slavery in colonial days?
They aren't wiped, raped, and murdered for starters. And they get paid now. Any more questions you need answered?

They aren't wiped, raped, and murdered for starters. And they get paid now.
Nice. I'm no more than 1/64 to 1/32 black, and the Democrat Labor Union slave drivers are still intent on raping and murdering me, and no, I don't get paid real wages in this life for anything I might do for people like that.

View attachment 356369

By 1850, Ellison had 37 slaves while his sons owned another 16. He was one of about 180 black slave masters in South Carolina at the time, most of whom were former slaves themselves. Like Ellison, they realized that the only way to get out of the lower middle class that so many freed blacks were stuck in, was slave labor. With nearly 9,000 free blacks in South Carolina, that 180 made up a tiny percentage who were willing to do anything to compete with the upper class white slaveowners at the time. Just because they owned slaves though did not mean they were treated equally among slaveowners. As Ellison subtly hints in his letter, white slave owners would avoid interacting with African Americans as much as possible. Ellison provided many whites in the area with what were the best cotton gins available which meant that if they wanted to produce the most cotton, they would have to do business with them. They would often try to avoid paying him though. Despite the discrimination, blacks owning blacks continued all the way up to the Civil War, with many African American slave owners, including Ellison, contributing and supporting the Confederate side.

Ellison (if I have the right guy), was worth over 250,000 bucks in the mid 1800's now take into account inflation.......

I was bored lol

btw, since this is well known and published court records why would the op choose to put this in conspiracy instead of history?
You are another clown. I already pointed out that the man in your picture isnt even Anthony Johnson nor was he or Ellison the first slave owner in the US.

not quite!

"primarily" LOL
LOL
View attachment 356141
That was the old Republican party. Try again.

No need. History is written, you just have to be able to understand you have been lied to.

How is it disingenuous?

12.5 million slaves were shipped from Africa, but only a little more than 300,000 slaves came to the United States. The majority of enslaved Africans went to Brazil, followed by the Caribbean. To put this in perspective, those 300,000 slaves in America made up only 2%-3% of the 12.5 million slaves sent across North, Central and South America .

The opportunity doesn't exist for most blacks unless they have a talent. With whites, it's inheritance.
Obviously you are too young to understand our history, Blacks have had more opportunity over the last 50 plus years than any ethnicity in America, you are too naive to have this discussion...
Poor whites are in just as bad a shape, and are used and disposable.
I'll refrain from the labels you deserve, you have a very narrow view of opportunity and you obviously haven't had to earn much, I think it's also obvious you lack any self motivation...
Just look at what happened in the West Virginia coal mines.
My mother picked cotton for $0.25 for 50lbs., my great grandparents were dirt poor and saved for 12 years to buy their homestead in North Texas at $0.20 to $0.30 a acre, you don't have a clue what poor is and how hard it is to pull yourself up and out of poverty, you have this immature approach that screams of entitlement...
I never said someone owes Blacks money. You did.
You continue to say it, you just don't know it...
You also didn't answer my moral question on abortion? Are you afraid that the science is not on your side? Can you even debate the science? Of course you can't. So save yourself the embarrassment of trying.
Now if you want to quote a source that states life doesn't begin at conception, you lose the debate. The science is on my side, conception is when life begins, you wouldn't be here if it didn't...
"Fatherless homes, black on black murder?" Do you have what it takes to really understand the dynamics of 400 years of oppression? I don't think so. You are too shallow minded to go down that road.
The victim card, really? It's overplayed and really has no relevance with today's society. Blacks have been free for over a 156 years in this country, are you aware that Hispanics have been the labor force in this country for over a 120 years? When you open your eyes and discover who built this country from it's inception, it's everyone of all ethnicity, slavery is as old as history and you cannot produce anywhere in this country today where it exist, most of our major metro communities are run by minority leadership, you need to quit drinking the Kool Aid, then you can come back to the table and maybe then have a real discussion, until then....

Forum List

Back