First American slave owner was BLACK.

not quite!

Many White Supremacist groups have developed an argument that Anthony Johnson was the first legal slave owner in the British colonies that became the United States. That claim is historically false and misleading. Anthony Johnson was, in fact, enslaved by an English settler on his arrival to North America. The development of the institution of slavery in North America was complex and nuanced. In the 17th century, the enslavement of Africans co-existed with indentured servitude, and laws governing both were in flux. Some of the enslaved, like Johnson, were able to gain their freedom, own land, and benefit from the servitude of others. By the beginning of the 18th century, however, colonies began to make legal distinctions based on new racial categories; the legal status of African Americans deteriorated while the rights of European Americans gained increased protection. A system of slavery in which enslavement was lifelong, hereditary, and based solely on race was established.
Yeah, when it was found out Johnson was the first slave owner, the revisionist had to change history for the Democrats just like they have tried to distance themselves as the owners of slave, fought to keep slaves, terrorized the exslaves and then keep them subjugated to the white Democrats who feed them and give them a home.
no dufus! the ilks like you, are trying to rewrite history!

he was not the first slave owner in America, and he never owned a slave for life... they were indentured servants at the time, and once they served their time, paying back the person who paid for their journey here, they were freed. He was an indentured servant when he first came here, he worked and served his time for the passage here, then was freed.... and then he paid for others to come here, and they were indentured to him, until their time and bill were served and paid....

Unwillful and hereditary Slave ownership for life, came a time after him...
You do know what sued means?
150929_HIST_SlaveryMyths_1stslave.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Everyone owned slaves. The thread is pointless to the oppression of the modern era.

Less than 20% of Americans owned slaves, guess what? I wasn't one of them...

What you fail to see or understand is racism is across all ethnicity...

BLM is a joke and a money funnel for the Democrats...

All of these cities and states that have lost all control are run by DEMOCRATS!!!

I'm white, and I don't feel guilty.

Oh it's clear you feel guilty, you're in denial...

I just learn from history and let my own moral compass tell me what's right.

So where's your moral compass in regards to abortion???

Blacks are subjected to modern day white power and money, and have never been accepted into white society

White power and money??? Do you honestly think there are FACTS to support your stupid assertions???

I'm white, and I don't feel guilty.

Oh it's clear you feel guilty, you're in denial...

I just learn from history and let my own moral compass tell me what's right.

So where's your moral compass in regards to abortion???

Blacks are subjected to modern day white power and money, and have never been accepted into white society

White power and money??? Do you honestly think there are FACTS to support your stupid assertions???
I wonder how the moron feels about Jeff Bezos, a flaming liberal, who not only is the richest person in the world, but owns the Washington Compost a news paper that is a far left political arm of the Democrat party. Does he have any issue with that White Power or Money?

I'll bet Republican revisionist history glosses over white on white slavery. Does this thread have a point?
LMAO ...

The point of this thread is that Slavery in the US was started by a Black man ....

An inconvenient truth that you apparently refuse to acknowledge.
The inconvenience truth for you is this did not happen.

not quite!

Many White Supremacist groups have developed an argument that Anthony Johnson was the first legal slave owner in the British colonies that became the United States. That claim is historically false and misleading. Anthony Johnson was, in fact, enslaved by an English settler on his arrival to North America. The development of the institution of slavery in North America was complex and nuanced. In the 17th century, the enslavement of Africans co-existed with indentured servitude, and laws governing both were in flux. Some of the enslaved, like Johnson, were able to gain their freedom, own land, and benefit from the servitude of others. By the beginning of the 18th century, however, colonies began to make legal distinctions based on new racial categories; the legal status of African Americans deteriorated while the rights of European Americans gained increased protection. A system of slavery in which enslavement was lifelong, hereditary, and based solely on race was established.
And blacks were the owners of some of those slaves.
Freed blacks primarily purchased family members, spouses and children.

Does this somehow absolve him of enslaving people?
Johnson not only owned the first slave in the US.

He set a precedent that led to Slavery in the US.

Within three years of Johnson's successful court ruling .... the Common Wealth of Virginia passed similar laws stating that ALL free Black, White, and Indian, could own slaves as property.

Thanks to a Black man.
That is incorrect. 15 years before Johnson Virginia decided to make blacks slaves .

Anthony Johnson was ONE of the first black Africans to legally own a slave in America. Slavery was legal at the time.
Slavery was not legalize until after the Courts ruled that Johnson could own his indentured servant for life as property.
Wrong. States had legalized slavery long before Johnson and it was Hugh Gwynn who got the court to decide he could own his indentured servant for life as property.

Now would you like to explain how blacks implemented vagrancy laws, convict leasing, black codes, sundown towns, jim crow, redlining and restrictive covenants.

To go on boards and push agendas is what we all do. I push agendas pro and con on some different subjects. Personally I only care for excesses. As I repeat often. Where people mess with other people. No matter who or what it is and it really is messing, not something that can be remedied, they need to be held accountable. Everyone has their cause or causes. Mine is the surveillance aspect of our Orwellian society. People who have something against others use this. And they convince people of their disdain against others. There are people who abuse the surveillance technology also who would be the first to complain if it happened to them. Our social media ways needs rules. The people need protections. This is an unalienable right. And we have not even begun to make inroads on it.

This thread is pushing a white racist lie. It is not about surveillance. Surveillance happened here long before trump started lying about it happening to him.

Wrong. States had legalized slavery long before Johnson and it was Hugh Gwynn who got the court to decide he could own his indentured servant for life as property.

Now would you like to explain how blacks implemented vagrancy laws, convict leasing, black codes, sundown towns, jim crow, redlining and restrictive covenants.
Which Virginia Court was Huge Gwynn sentenced in?

What was the exact year this occurred?

Uh-hmm .....

You are parroting revised history bullshit.

Forum List

Back