First American slave owner was BLACK.

I don't believe it. They couldn't possibly have good record keeping back then.

LOL!! I bet the democrats' "revisionist history books" skip over Mr. Johnson and the other black slave owners.
I'll bet Republican revisionist history glosses over white on white slavery. Does this thread have a point?

I was aware of this. It's one of those inconvenient facts the left likes to ignore.

Here's another: During the Civil War, there were still slaves in the North.
No one is hiding anything. Including white on white slavery. Still asking? The point of this thread is, besides being irrelevant to anything.

Tell us the whole story about Anthony Johnson.

Anthony Johnson (b. c. 1600 – d. 1670) was a black Angolan known for achieving wealth in the early 17th-century Colony of Virginia. He was one of the first African American property owners and had his right to legally own a slave recognized by the Virginia courts. Held as an indentured servant in 1621, he earned his freedom after several years, and was granted land by the colony.[1]

He later became a successful tobacco farmer in Maryland. He attained great wealth after completing his term as an indentured servant, and has been referred to as "'the black patriarch' of the first community of Negro property owners in America".[1]

Anthony Johnson (colonist) - Wikipedia

Never implied that now did I.

Have you ever heard it taught that not only did blacks own slaves, but that they were the first?
Everyone owned slaves. The thread is pointless to the oppression of the modern era.

You made the point that Blacks owned slaves first. And? What does that have to do with anything? Your own excuses?

I was aware of this. It's one of those inconvenient facts the left likes to ignore.

No one is hiding anything. Including white on white slavery. Still asking? The point of this thread is, besides being irrelevant to anything.
If you don't see the point, the door is over there...……. :scared1:

I don't believe it. They couldn't possibly have good record keeping back then.
we have records that go back thousands of years,,,and this one is court records and they are heavily protected and preserved,,,
There was white on white slavery thousands of years ago, and your point is?
The point is, blacks owned slaves also. And, that is not taught.
Sure it is. Just pick up a history book. I knew that back in grade school.

Never implied that now did I.

Have you ever heard it taught that not only did blacks own slaves, but that they were the first?
Everyone owned slaves. The thread is pointless to the oppression of the modern era.

You made the point that Blacks owned slaves first. And? What does that have to do with anything? Your own excuses?
So, why should only whites feel guilt like society wants?

If you don't see the point, the door is over there...……. :scared1:
You don't see what isn't convenient for you to see, and that's your own excuses. That's why you created this useless thread.

Forum List

Back