First American slave owner was BLACK.

Tell us the whole story about Anthony Johnson.

Anthony Johnson (b. c. 1600 – d. 1670) was a black Angolan known for achieving wealth in the early 17th-century Colony of Virginia. He was one of the first African American property owners and had his right to legally own a slave recognized by the Virginia courts. Held as an indentured servant in 1621, he earned his freedom after several years, and was granted land by the colony.[1]

He later became a successful tobacco farmer in Maryland. He attained great wealth after completing his term as an indentured servant, and has been referred to as "'the black patriarch' of the first community of Negro property owners in America".[1]

Anthony Johnson (colonist) - Wikipedia
Up till Anthony Johnson, any Irish or African that came to the colonies of the English, were indentured servants that after they served their time like Tony did, they were set free, given land and allowed to become a citizen. So just like what is happening over in AFRICA today, black men enslaved black men and sued to keep them slaves...No biggie though, instead of slaves of Chicago, they just shoot to kill like the 104 last weekend with 14 murdered 3 of them children...Yep savages will be savages....

I don't believe it. They couldn't possibly have good record keeping back then.
we have records that go back thousands of years,,,and this one is court records and they are heavily protected and preserved,,,
There was white on white slavery thousands of years ago, and your point is?
The point is, blacks owned slaves also. And, that is not taught.
Sure it is. Just pick up a history book. I knew that back in grade school.
I call BS. Show me a grade school history book that teaches blacks owned slaves.

we have records that go back thousands of years,,,and this one is court records and they are heavily protected and preserved,,,
That it's all bullshit.
Slavery is not bullshit. It's real.
Yep still happening in AFRICA, but we arent supposed to know that...Something about black people, just cant live with other black people..

Tell us the whole story about Anthony Johnson.

Anthony Johnson (b. c. 1600 – d. 1670) was a black Angolan known for achieving wealth in the early 17th-century Colony of Virginia. He was one of the first African American property owners and had his right to legally own a slave recognized by the Virginia courts. Held as an indentured servant in 1621, he earned his freedom after several years, and was granted land by the colony.[1]

He later became a successful tobacco farmer in Maryland. He attained great wealth after completing his term as an indentured servant, and has been referred to as "'the black patriarch' of the first community of Negro property owners in America".[1]

Anthony Johnson (colonist) - Wikipedia

Does this somehow absolve him of enslaving people?

Never implied that now did I.

Have you ever heard it taught that not only did blacks own slaves, but that they were the first?
Everyone owned slaves. The thread is pointless to the oppression of the modern era.

You made the point that Blacks owned slaves first. And? What does that have to do with anything? Your own excuses?
Everyone owned slaves.

So why are you Dimwingers wanting to destroy anything and everything associated with white slave owners?

I was aware of this. It's one of those inconvenient facts the left likes to ignore.

Here's another: During the Civil War, there were still slaves in the North.
No one is hiding anything. Including white on white slavery. Still asking? The point of this thread is, besides being irrelevant to anything.
If you don't see the point, the door is over there...……. :scared1:
You don't see what isn't convenient for you to see, and that's your own excuses. That's why you created this useless thread.
You're still here? LOL

That it's all bullshit.
These days it's only real in Africa and your precious Muslim countries.

That it's all bullshit.

Indeed, and still practiced heavily in Africa. Why don't their black lives matter?

Have you ever heard it taught that not only did blacks own slaves, but that they were the first?
Everyone owned slaves. The thread is pointless to the oppression of the modern era.

You made the point that Blacks owned slaves first. And? What does that have to do with anything? Your own excuses?
So, why should only whites feel guilt like society wants?
I'm white, and I don't feel guilty. I just learn from history and let my own moral compass tell me what's right. I never owned slaves so I feel no guilt about that. But, what I do know is, Blacks are subjected to modern day white power and money, and have never been accepted into white society. How do we know? Whites would have never created the conspiracy of section 8 housing to keep them segregated, if whites truly believed in their inclusion.

That it's all bullshit.

Indeed, and still practiced heavily in Africa. Why don't their black lives matter?
We don't live and rule in Africa. Next?

I'm white, and I don't feel guilty. I just learn from history and let my own moral compass tell me what's right. I never owned slaves so I feel no guilt about that. But, what I do know is, Blacks are subjected to modern day white power and money, and have never been accepted into white society. How do we know? Whites would have never created the conspiracy of section 8 housing to keep them segregated, if whites truly believed in their inclusion.
You mean Democrats.

Lol! Your watered down

You mean Democrats.
Your watered down arguments are getting too obvious. But then again, this thread was watered down with no real relevancy from the start.

That it's all bullshit.

We don't live and rule in Africa. Next?
Why are you so triggered into defending your point of view in a "useless" thread?

Forum List

Back