Fireworks and Abortion

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
All of this recent talk about banning abortion in SOME states shows got me thinking about fireworks.

Last night, even though the Fourth of July was almost a month ago, we had fireworks going off for some reason.

Which is amusing, because purchasing fireworks is illegal in Illinois.

Illinois law bans the sale, possession, and use of all “Consumer Fireworks,” and those caught violating it could get up to a year in prison along with a $2,500 fine.

The federal regulations ban M-80s, cherry bombs, and a large group of all fireworks, with states along with cities free to ban what’s left

So how is it that people are still setting off fireworks and terrorizing my poor cat?

1659269220674.png

Well, turns out fireworks are legal in Indiana and Wisconsin. When I was travelling through Indiana to attend a wedding in May, I saw this sign pretty much every mile.

1659269321668.png

A lot of these signs were in Illinois. Conversely, when I was travelling home, almost no signs in Indiana directing Hoosiers to Krazy Kaplans Fireworks. I guess they all already know where it is!

Now, what does this have to do with abortion?

Well, at least until women smarten up and realize Republicans aren't their friends, abortion law will look like THIS in the US. Which means most states that will ban abortion will be neighboring a state that hasn't.

1659269529222.png

Which means you aren't any more than a drive away from being able to get an abortion if you really need one. And sneaking a unwanted fetus into a state is going to be a lot easier than sneaking a trunkload of fireworks out of one.

All of this recent talk about banning abortion in SOME states shows got me thinking about fireworks.

Last night, even though the Fourth of July was almost a month ago, we had fireworks going off for some reason.

Illinois law bans the sale, possession, and use of all “Consumer Fireworks,” and those caught violating it could get up to a year in prison along with a $2,500 fine.

The federal regulations ban M-80s, cherry bombs, and a large group of all fireworks, with states along with cities free to ban what’s left

So how is it that people are still setting off fireworks and terrorizing my poor cat?

View attachment 676557

Well, turns out fireworks are legal in Indiana and Wisconsin. When I was travelling through Indiana to attend a wedding in May, I saw this sign pretty much every mile.

View attachment 676558

A lot of these signs were in Illinois. Conversely, when I was travelling home, almost no signs in Indiana directing Hoosiers to Krazy Kaplans Fireworks. I guess they all already know where it is!

Well, at least until women smarten up and realize Republicans aren't their friends, abortion law will look like THIS in the US. Which means most states that will ban abortion will be neighboring a state that hasn't.

View attachment 676563

Which means you aren't any more than a drive away from being able to get an abortion if you really need one. And sneaking a unwanted fetus into a state is going to be a lot easier than sneaking a trunkload of fireworks out of one.

...and that's exactly how the American Experiment is supposed to work

...and that's exactly how the American Experiment is supposed to work

Not really. What you actually need are less dumb laws.

People are going to set off fireworks. Some of them will blow off fingers and hands. (I went to High School with a kid who lost his right hand because he was going to make a cool super-firecracker. It was sad watching him have that now useless arm in a sling through college.)

Women are going to have sex with the wrong guy and need to get rid of the little mistake.

Trying to legislate these things is dumber than actually doing them.

The earth is missing 140 million females thanks to selective abortion. Now they'll have a chance to live. You are welcome females. The Republicans are your friends, and you have a future...

Selective abortion isn't a thing in the US. The countries where they are happening - China and India - are experiencing shortages of females.

So let's talk about the US, where 10 year olds have to cross state lines to get an abortion after a rape.

View attachment 676557

View attachment 676558

View attachment 676563

True.

And there’s medical abortion – consistent with the fireworks analogy: cross the border to a free state to obtain the medications, return home to your neo-fascist red state and terminate your pregnancy.

Illinois law bans the sale, possession, and use of all “Consumer Fireworks,”
As an aside, the same is true in the county where I live.

Folks just go to the next county where there’s legal.

When you buy the fireworks you sign a goofy statement claiming you’re using the fireworks for ‘agricultural purposes’ – such s scaring birds away from your crops.

The earth is missing 140 million females thanks to selective abortion. Now they'll have a chance to live. You are welcome females. The Republicans are your friends, and you have a future...
No, Republicans are the enemy of women; the right’s war on women continues.

By denying women their right to privacy for no other reason than their gender is to relegate women the status of second-class citizens.

Let's talk about the reason we have had to regain our morality:

View attachment 676655

View attachment 676648
Women have been having abortions for thousands of years, long before Roe – and they’ll continue to do so.

In addition to laws ‘banning’ abortion being idiotic and ineffective, it is neither the role nor responsibility of government to dictate to citizens personal, private matters such as whether to have a child or not.

Individuals know best about their private lives, not government.

Not really. What you actually need are less dumb laws.

People are going to set off fireworks. Some of them will blow off fingers and hands. (I went to High School with a kid who lost his right hand because he was going to make a cool super-firecracker. It was sad watching him have that now useless arm in a sling through college.)

Women are going to have sex with the wrong guy and need to get rid of the little mistake.

Trying to legislate these things is dumber than actually doing them.
Yes, we should have the government dictate all these thing

View attachment 676655

View attachment 676648

Um, you do realize the Hebrews sacrificed children to Yawheh, right? Read Judges 11 and the story of Jephthah's daughter.

Also, nobody is aborting a third trimester pregnancy unless something is seriously fucked up with that pregnancy. Pregnancies after the 20th week are less than 1% of abortions performed.

No, Republicans are the enemy of women; the right’s war on women continues.

By denying women their right to privacy for no other reason than their gender is to relegate women the status of second-class citizens.
Authoritarians are hellbent upon their bureaucrats and politicians intrusively arrogating an American's liberty, even in such personal, private matters.

The old "states rights" pretext was again evoked, but Lindsey Graham has exposed their draconian agenda:

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 7.46.33 PM.png

This November, Americans will register their enthusiasm for joining Iraq, El Salvador, Haiti, and Nicaragua while repudiating the policies of advanced democratic nations regarding reproductive rights.

1659279573817.png
Liars. Who is father of all lies? The Neo-GOP. Vote them out ladies while you still can. This bill passed by unanimous consent two decades ago.

An Act

To protect infants who are born alive. <>

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the
United States of America in Congress <> assembled,

SECTION 1. <> SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ``Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of
2002''.

SEC. 2. DEFINITION OF BORN-ALIVE INFANT.

(a) In General.--Chapter 1 of title 1, United States Code, is
amended by adding at the end the following:

``Sec. 8. `Person', `human being', `child', and `individual' as
including born-alive infant

``(a) In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any
ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative
bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words `person', `human
being', `child', and `individual', shall include every infant member of
the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.
``(b) As used in this section, the term `born alive', with respect
to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or
extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of
development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a
beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of
voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been
cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a
result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced
abortion.

``(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to affirm, deny,
expand, or contract any legal status or legal right applicable to any
member of the species homo sapiens at any point prior to being `born
alive' as defined in this section.''.
(b) Clerical Amendment.--The table of sections at the beginning of
chapter 1 of title 1, United States Code, is amended by adding at the
end the following new item:

``8. `Person', `human being', `child', and `individual' as including
born-alive infant.''.

Approved August 5, 2002.

Quite the pathetic pretense for eradicating personal liberty and imposing statist authoritarianism, adopting the repressive governance of Iraq, Haiti, El Salvador, and the Congo while crushing the freedom of advanced democratic nations.

The reality is that women will still assert biological control of their own bodies. The zealots can only succeed in making it less safe.

Women have been having abortions for thousands of years, long before Roe – and they’ll continue to do so.

In addition to laws ‘banning’ abortion being idiotic and ineffective, it is neither the role nor responsibility of government to dictate to citizens personal, private matters such as whether to have a child or not.

Individuals know best about their private lives, not government.
If the did they would not need sugical procedures for something a little pill can prevent.....

Quite the pathetic pretense for eradicating personal liberty and imposing statist authoritarianism, adopting the repressive governance of Iraq, Haiti, El Salvador, and the Congo while crushing the freedom of advanced democratic nations.

The reality is that women will still assert biological control of their own bodies. The zealots can only succeed in making it less safe.
Garbage. Teach pre pregnancy care instead of post pregnancy care and the problem will be solved...

Forum List

Back