Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

How many black slaves did Indians take?

Oh yes, the Natives enslaved some black people, too.

I bet you didn't know that. It's not your fault; It's OK.

Coming soon...

1651132333897.jpg

3-D started in the 50s and movies had shots designed to highlight 3-d. In Hondo, John Wayne has a fight with a Indian and one scene shows a knife coming right at the screen. That was impressive in 3-D.

Actually, it started way back in 1922. And it has come and gone many times over the decades. There were revivals again in the 1970s and 1980s. It was always a fad, and never lasted more than a couple of years before going away again.

Who says they are unneeded? Right wingers are obsessing over the fact that she is black.

Wait, can you not stay on target and not bounce around like a squirrel on meth?

The audience is who is saying they are not needed. Why do you think half of those in the last couple of years were shoveled right to streaming? Why do you think several have barely broken even or lost money?

Honestly, I think most people could not care less she was black, no more than they cared if the Genie in Aladdin was black in the remake, or if the Spider-Verse Spider-Man is black. And don't think I and others do not notice that every time we bring something like that up it gets ignored. You just do not like the fact that the movie is looking to be a turkey, and the melanin content of the cast has nothing to do with it.

With exception of Moana, Disney hasn't made anything new, worth remembering and profitable in the past 10 years.

I would argue that, because Frozen was released 10 years ago and that was new and worth remembering (it was impossible to avoid that song for over a year).

But what have we had since Moana?

Ralph 2, a sequel that barely made production and marketing costs and seriously underperformed at the box office.
Frozen 2, another sequel that made a lot of money.
Raya and the Last Dragon, which underperformed and lost money.
Encanto, which underperformed and lost money.
Strange World, which majorly underperformed and lot a butt load of money.

And that is only the Disney Banner movies, the track record for Pixar is not much better.

Disney is in a major slump at the moment, and has mostly been making flops, or remakes. The last 3 successes they have had for their animated division is Frozen, Frozen 2, and Moana. Of the last 6 live action remakes they did, every single one of them lost money! Three of them were shoveled directly to streaming because they knew they would not perform well in the theater and that was a way to reduce distribution costs. That means that all 9 of their last "remakes" were flops, they simply shoveled 1/3 of them straight to D+.

Personally, I could not care less if the mermaid is white, black, green, purple, or plaid. The fact is, Disney movies in the last 15 years have had a very questionable return, with more outright flops than successes. It is almost to the point that predicting a Disney Flop is far easier than predicting a success. And of the next 5 live action remakes, one is already going straight to streaming (Lilo & Stitch), two are being released theatrically (Snow White and Mufasa), and two are undecided (Moana and Hercules). And of all of those, Mufasa is the only one that actually has a chance to be a big movie more than likely. Primarily because it is the only one of the five that will actually have an original story (but sequel success is hard to predict).

So, in your world not being a hate filled racist piece of shit like you make me a Leftist DoucheLord.

Interesting.

Oh! I'm a "hate-filled racist piece of shit"?

Yeah, you're a fucking moron. You're a moron and a liar.

What's a SAW, gunny boi? Mr. military firearms instructor allegedly?

I can actually still remember the last movie I saw in the theaters. I was stuck in Richmond California with nothing to do, so went to see Avengers: Endgame. That was 2019. The movie before that was The Force Awakens and Pixels in 2015. Even the five minute short it was based on was better than Pixels, and I realized Force Awakens was just a remake of the original Star Wars. I used to see tons of movies in theaters, sometimes several a week. But the last times I went regularly was in the early 2000's. By the 2010s I realized there was really nothing coming out that I wanted to see. And that is reinforced even more now as if I wait just 2 months I can buy the movie at Walmart for the price I would have paid for admission to see it once.

And looking through the films to come out for the rest of the year, only a few even raise a little interest in me (but not enough to go to a theater). The new Spider-Verse, The Flash, then there is the Haunted Mansion. Good god, yet another Disney movie based on a ride? Yes, Pirates had an alright run. But Mission to Mars, The Country Bears, Tomorrowland, and Jungle Cruise did not teach them the lesson that movies based on their rides are more likely to fail than any others?

Expendables 4, maybe. But I will likely just wait to buy it. No interested in Kraven, I did not care much for the character in the 70s or 80s. Same with Dune 2. First was mediocre, the miniseries did it better I thought. No interest in The Marvels, nor the Hunger Games Prequel. But finally in November one I might see, Napoleon. No interest at all in Wonka, why not just do the actual sequel? Aquaman and the new Ghostbusters, maybe. But once again, much more likely to just wait the 2 months and buy it.

There really is just not much of interest for me to see in theaters anymore. This year we had a reboot of House Party (I liked the Kid n Play movie, just let it rest), yet another Teen Wolf reboot, yet another Magic Mike, Ant Man was OK, got it on DVD. Same with Shazam. But that just goes to show how pointless going to a cinema is, movies released in February and March are already on sale on DVD.

I'm glad you survived a visit to Richmond. That's one of the most violent cities in America, and one of the shittiest shitholes in a shithole state.

I'm glad you survived a visit to Richmond. That's one of the most violent cities in America, and one of the shittiest shitholes in a shithole state.

Hell, I used to work there regularly. That was where my Army Reserve unit was located in addition to doing Loss Prevention in stores all around the Bay Area.

Forum List

Back