Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

Conservative from Georgia

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2018
The Little Mermaid is now portrayed by an African-American actress and with the movie the best! Diversity is wonderful and people might even prefer an African American actress in this role.

The mantra "Go woke go broke" well be challenged here, because if this movie makes a lot of money then it is not always true that woke goes broke.

Well you go watch it or take your kids to watch it?

Last edited:
She has an amazing voice.

Sad that so many people will hate her just because of her skin color
Nah.

They'll dislike it because The Little Mermaid didn't need to be retold, and certainly not for the benefit of wokeism. Remakes like this that turn cartoon movies into movies with real actors are always terrible as well. This movie is going to be a hot pile of trash.

This will be like when feminists blamed bad ratings for that Ghostbusters remake on sexism, when in reality the movie just sucked like hell.

The Little Mermaid is now portrayed by an African-American actress and with the movie the best! Diversity is wonderful and people might even prefer an African American actress in this role.

The mantra "Go woke go broke" well be challenged here, because if this movie makes a lot of money then it is not always true that woke goes broke.
Am I the only one that thinks clutching your pearls over the ethnicity of a Mermaid..Ye Olde mythical critter...is just a bit absurd?

Is this 'woke' or just smart marketing? Both?

I'd prefer an Asian mermaid...but Asians are punished for their success...these days~

Opening weekend will be big because black girls will want to see it. It's like Black Panther.

Am I the only one that thinks clutching your pearls over the ethnicity of a Mermaid..Ye Olde mythical critter...is just a bit absurd?

Is this 'woke' or just smart marketing? Both?

I'd prefer an Asian mermaid...but Asians are punished for their success...these days~
The only thing people talk about is the fact that she's black. I've been cringing ever since this movie made the news.

Well you go watch it or take your kids to watch it?
she’s a great singer, also looking forward to seeing McCarthy as the sea witch

Forum List

Back