Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

Other than must sees at IMAX

Even then, I can't see the point. Nor could I see the point of 3D.

I have only seen a single 3D movie since the 1980s, and that was the Deathly Hallows movies. And that was only because the AAFES theater did not charge extra. And just like 3 decades prior, the effect did not impress me. Maybe that's why 3D will always be a fad and never remain for long.

Like any movie, tv show, etc, as long as it’s a good story with good actors, it doesn’t matter what race the characters are.

Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!​

But does she smoke crack?

The Little Mermaid is now portrayed by an African-American actress and with the movie the best! Diversity is wonderful and people might even prefer an African American actress in this role.

The mantra "Go woke go broke" well be challenged here, because if this movie makes a lot of money then it is not always true that woke goes broke.

Well you go watch it or take your kids to watch it?

I don't care whether the actress is black or white. I want the best person. She clearly was selected because she was the best. Her performance proves it. I went into this wanting to see what the fireworks are about. I fell in love with her and the movie. I am going to see this several more times. It gets a 9 out of 10 in my book. It is a great movie.

There is nothing woke about this movie. The animated feature was not woke and neither is this. Right wingers who use the word woke are covering up their racism and sexism. The question is not whether it will be woke or broke. It is whether the racists will be able to fool enough people by using fake reviews.

Even then, I can't see the point. Nor could I see the point of 3D.

I have only seen a single 3D movie since the 1980s, and that was the Deathly Hallows movies. And that was only because the AAFES theater did not charge extra. And just like 3 decades prior, the effect did not impress me. Maybe that's why 3D will always be a fad and never remain for long.

3-D started in the 50s and movies had shots designed to highlight 3-d. In Hondo, John Wayne has a fight with a Indian and one scene shows a knife coming right at the screen. That was impressive in 3-D.

Which is why traditionally their movies for kids were under 90 minutes. Even Mulan was pushing it at 115 minutes. This thing went on for 135 minutes, which is another common review complaint is the bloat in the story that was not needed.
\
Actually the story is better. What was added creates more depth to Ariel and Eric's relationship. Ariel collects human things from the wrecks. Eric collects things from the sea. The scene in the village shows that showcases their love is much more realistic. I loved every minute of it.

How about just admitting it is not all that great of a movie?

Hell, even NPR admits so.

And that in general is what most have been saying. Not needed, bland, not the same movie or magic as the 1989 original.

That is not true. The verified viewers on RT give it a 95% which is the best of the live action remakes except for Cruella.

And why exactly do you think political pandering is more profitable than giving the fans of Little Mermaid what they want?

If they wanted a profitable black princess remake they could have gone with The Princess and The Frog.

You have talked to everyone of them not.

Forbes suggests Rotten Tomatoes is not counting negative reviews of the movie, thus the suspiciously high 95% rating from alleged movie goers.

Forbes is a right wing mouthpiece. These are verified viewers. There is no doubt that this is being review bombed. The right is lying through their teeth just like anyone. Every website has verified purchasers and non-verified purchasers. If the right wasn't lying about this movie.

Which is exactly the problem. Because that is all they are churning out anymore, senseless and unneeded remakes.

And I really don't know of anybody "obsessing" that she is black, other than from a story aspect it simply makes no sense. In fact, most of the story simply makes no sense as their casting was all over the board. And yet another remake, like Pinocchio, Lady & The Tramp, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Mulan, and the dozen others in the pipeline for the next few years.

And remakes as a rule tend to have a rather interesting history. Just look at Kite, or Rollerball, Flatliners, Charlie's Angels, Taxi, Point Break, Nightmare on Elm Street, Get Carter, The Mummy, Red Dawn, Godzilla 1998, The Wicker Man, Hellboy 2019, The Pink Panther, The Day the Earth Stood Still,, Chips, I can go on and on and on.

Remakes in general have really only done alright when they were relatively low budget affairs. Then when the theatrical run was finished they could sump them to VHS or DVD in the hopes of actually making a profit. However, physical media is now dead, and they are shoveled to streaming services. And when Disney owns the streaming service, that means they are getting no more money.

Remakes in general rarely perform all that well. The early Disney live action did good, because it was a new idea. But now almost a decade into that trend, they are old and boring.

And this can be seen in that they are already starting to hedge their bets. Lilo & Stich was supposed to be released for theaters. But in the wake of the losses in the remakes it is now going straight to D+. Just as Lady & the Tramp, Pinocchio, and Peter Pan. At least some are starting to realize that the remakes are likely not going to make money like they had hoped when they announced them, and I bet half will be cancelled before production starts. And most of the rest will be shoveled to D+.

Now it only remains to be seen if they will actually try to create original content again, or simply dump out more of the same trash.

To be honest, I could not care less what color the mermaid was, or any of the cast. It is just another sign that they have lost all sight of what it is the audience really wants. And it is not message movies that is to be foisted off on either the Right or Left wings. It is supposed to be entertainment that is to entertain the majority of the audience.

Oh, and in case some missed it, a few years ago Disney decided to film a stage production of Hamilton for theatrical release. But that was cancelled for some reason, and it went straight to D+. With little promotion or marketing needed, as it was essentially filler content that only cost them $12 million. At least they did not go the route of Universal, and dump around $250 into the production and marketing of "Cats", only to see it tank with around $75 million in the box office.

Who says they are unneeded? Right wingers are obsessing over the fact that she is black. That is why they are planting fake reviews.

The trouble with some remakes is that you have a element that is irreplaceable such as Peter Sellers. Sometimes they are just bad movies. Sometimes they are a product of their times. In this case, Little Mermaid adds more depth to their love story, so it improves on the original. This is not a message movie. It is all in your warped little mind.

Riiiiighhttt. Because how can people not immediately fall in love with an unnecessary remake just to up their ESG score

Coming this summer: The Godfather Reduex

Starring Chris Rock as Michael Corleone
Dylan Mulvaney as Kay Adams Corleone
Rosie O’Donnell as Vito Corleone
Whoopi Goldberg as Luca Brazi

It’s an offer you can’t refuse, unless you’re a hater

Forbes is a right wing site. They are trying to protect fascist right wing haters.

The Little Mermaid is now portrayed by an African-American actress and with the movie the best! Diversity is wonderful and people might even prefer an African American actress in this role.

The mantra "Go woke go broke" well be challenged here, because if this movie makes a lot of money then it is not always true that woke goes broke.

Well you go watch it or take your kids to watch it?

IMDb have now overtaken control of the ratings because Little Mermaid got too many low scores.

“Our rating mechanism has detected unusual voting activity on this title. To preserve the reliability of our rating system, an alternate weighting calculation has been applied.”

Disney relies on the over seas market. And it is tanking there.

If it does, i will be due to you right wing Nazis and your fake information. Filth like you are disgusting and need to be in the sewers with rats and other vermin. We won't be able to tell you apart.

IMDb have now overtaken control of the ratings because Little Mermaid got too many low scores.

“Our rating mechanism has detected unusual voting activity on this title. To preserve the reliability of our rating system, an alternate weighting calculation has been applied.”

Because you right wing fascists were putting out fake reviews. You are nothing but vermin.

Considering you woksters had a fit and made them dump the actress Disney hired for Lilo and Stitch because she was too fair skinned I would say…yes.

The wokesters use woke to hide their racism and sexism. Go join your kind vermin.

Forum List

Back