Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

Nah.

They'll dislike it because The Little Mermaid didn't need to be retold, and certainly not for the benefit of wokeism. Remakes like this that turn cartoon movies into movies with real actors are always terrible as well. This movie is going to be a hot pile of trash.

This will be like when feminists blamed bad ratings for that Ghostbusters remake on sexism, when in reality the movie just sucked like hell.

What's next? Black Cleopatra? Or...

1674933138859367.jpg

There is no double standard. White trash imagine it is there.
Well ain't you just a patronizing piece of shit, huh?

OOoOoWeee! I'm gonna have some fun with you. bitchboi!

Oh no,I'm not all nasty like in Deliverance, I'm more like Burt Reynolds.

I don't like you, andyou're a liar and piece of poo worse than a white dog turd.

Sure, whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night!
I tell myself Golfing Gator is a government agent and has been monitoring me for years.

And that he was no gunnery sargeant/firearms instructor for any Armed Forces and is full of shit.

Works like a charm every time! :D

I tell myself Golfing Gator is a government agent and has been monitoring me for years.

And that he was no gunnery sargeant/firearms instructor for any Armed Forces and is full of shit.

Works like a charm every time! :D

I have no doubt you need to tell yourself those things.

Her skin color isn't an issue. There would be a problem is she was transgender or queer.

Yeah, I have no doubt you are NOT what you claim to be, as well.

That ain't no bullshit.

If only what you thought meant a damn thing.

When I wake up in the morning there will be an extra 2200 in my bank account just like there is on the first of every month till the day that I die.

As long as DFAS thinks I am what I claim, that is all that matters.

If only what you thought meant a damn thing.

When I wake up in the morning there will be an extra 2200 in my bank account just like there is on the first of every month till the day that I die.

As long as DFAS thinks I am what I claim, that is all that matters.
That's nice, honey.

I am not the monthly check type. :dunno:

Sure, whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night!
I didn't even know about movie until I've seen thread title.

Now tell me, why is important to you to have remakes with black actors?

Recently there was movie where Queen of England was being portrayed by black actress, and they called "historical drama".
Do you really believe Cleopatra was black? Do you really find that OK?

Now tell me, why is important to you to have remakes with black actors?

I do not care who they choose to do the remake of a movie about a fictional creature.

Recently there was movie where Queen of England was being portrayed by black actress, and they called "historical drama".
Do you really believe Cleopatra was black? Do you really find that OK?

After growing up and seeing Jesus portrayed as a white dude in every movie about Him, I cannot say I am really bothered by this at all.

I do not care who they choose to do the remake of a movie about a fictional creature.

After growing up and seeing Jesus portrayed as a white dude in every movie about Him, I cannot say I am really bothered by this at all.
That's because you're a Leftist DoucheLord.

I think I'm doing popcorn. :aargh:

Which is exactly the problem. Because that is all they are churning out anymore, senseless and unneeded remakes.

And I really don't know of anybody "obsessing" that she is black, other than from a story aspect it simply makes no sense. In fact, most of the story simply makes no sense as their casting was all over the board. And yet another remake, like Pinocchio, Lady & The Tramp, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Mulan, and the dozen others in the pipeline for the next few years.

And remakes as a rule tend to have a rather interesting history. Just look at Kite, or Rollerball, Flatliners, Charlie's Angels, Taxi, Point Break, Nightmare on Elm Street, Get Carter, The Mummy, Red Dawn, Godzilla 1998, The Wicker Man, Hellboy 2019, The Pink Panther, The Day the Earth Stood Still,, Chips, I can go on and on and on.

Remakes in general have really only done alright when they were relatively low budget affairs. Then when the theatrical run was finished they could sump them to VHS or DVD in the hopes of actually making a profit. However, physical media is now dead, and they are shoveled to streaming services. And when Disney owns the streaming service, that means they are getting no more money.

Remakes in general rarely perform all that well. The early Disney live action did good, because it was a new idea. But now almost a decade into that trend, they are old and boring.

And this can be seen in that they are already starting to hedge their bets. Lilo & Stich was supposed to be released for theaters. But in the wake of the losses in the remakes it is now going straight to D+. Just as Lady & the Tramp, Pinocchio, and Peter Pan. At least some are starting to realize that the remakes are likely not going to make money like they had hoped when they announced them, and I bet half will be cancelled before production starts. And most of the rest will be shoveled to D+.

Now it only remains to be seen if they will actually try to create original content again, or simply dump out more of the same trash.

To be honest, I could not care less what color the mermaid was, or any of the cast. It is just another sign that they have lost all sight of what it is the audience really wants. And it is not message movies that is to be foisted off on either the Right or Left wings. It is supposed to be entertainment that is to entertain the majority of the audience.

Oh, and in case some missed it, a few years ago Disney decided to film a stage production of Hamilton for theatrical release. But that was cancelled for some reason, and it went straight to D+. With little promotion or marketing needed, as it was essentially filler content that only cost them $12 million. At least they did not go the route of Universal, and dump around $250 into the production and marketing of "Cats", only to see it tank with around $75 million in the box office.

With exception of Moana, Disney hasn't made anything new, worth remembering and profitable in the past 10 years.

The whole Hollywood is making blackwashing movies because they know as well as anyone else that everything they pump out is absolute garbage, whether it has a white or black lead.
If it has a black lead though, they can cry racism when people call them out on the fact that it’s absolute garbage.

Forum List

Back