Fear and Loathing in Cleveland.

Searcher44

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2015
Vancouver, British Columbia
I watched/listened to several hours of the Republican convention yesterday. What came across loud and clear to me was an attempt by the Republican establishment to remind the independently minded voter of what the party line was when it came to the fundamental principle that unified the party, above all else, beyond any picayune economic or moral or constitutional matter. The fundamental principle the average Republican had to embrace was fear. In the early years the bushies had employed this tactic to near perfection. This new faction wasn't fooling around. Speaker after no-name speaker was beating the delegates over the head with it. Forget your rage against the crony capitalist whose unpunished greed had mired the country in 8 years of middle class morass. Forget Wall st. raping pension funds and the Oligarchy making out like bandits with $100 million dollar bonuses. All the things that turned the Republican voter to a populist like Trump. Forget all that and remember, you must be afraid, very afraid. Every fucking Republican in the hall should have stood up and yelled "We're not afraid of fuck-all! We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more!"

I watched/listened to several hours of the Republican convention yesterday. What came across loud and clear to me was an attempt by the Republican establishment to remind the independently minded voter of what the party line was when it came to the fundamental principle that unified the party, above all else, beyond any picayune economic or moral or constitutional matter. The fundamental principle the average Republican had to embrace was fear. In the early years the bushies had employed this tactic to near perfection. This new faction wasn't fooling around. Speaker after no-name speaker was beating the delegates over the head with it. Forget your rage against the crony capitalist whose unpunished greed had mired the country in 8 years of middle class morass. Forget Wall st. raping pension funds and the Oligarchy making out like bandits with $100 million dollar bonuses. All the things that turned the Republican voter to a populist like Trump. Forget all that and remember, you must be afraid, very afraid. Every fucking Republican in the hall should have stood up and yelled "We're not afraid of fuck-all! We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more!"

It's not fear. It's disgust and disdain.

And the best the hildabitch can come up with is Trump is dangerous. Oh but that's not fear mongering right?

And the best the hildabitch can come up with is Trump is dangerous. Oh but that's not fear mongering right?

Trump is dangerous to Democrat power.

I'm talking about the Party Establishment trying to steer the regular guy republican away from dangerous ideas like populism and distrust of money in elections and voter suppression like republican voters experienced in Arizona. You can leave the Democrats, even Hillary (who scares me) out of it, this is a purely Republican issue concerning the soul of the Republican Party.

I agree. And on a serious note - I'm not seeing all that much excitement at the convention like in past years. Even my better half commented on that a few minutes ago. Really, they don't have much to be excited about - but I thought they'd do a better job of trying to fake it. Overall, it just seems subdued.

Trump is dangerous to Democrat power.
You got that right! Yowsuh!!

It's different when Hilly does it, it just is

Like comparing Trump to Hitler...yeah, identical

I'm talking about the Party Establishment trying to steer the regular guy republican away from dangerous ideas like populism and distrust of money in elections and voter suppression like republican voters experienced in Arizona. You can leave the Democrats, even Hillary (who scares me) out of it, this is a purely Republican issue concerning the soul of the Republican Party.

Funny, you didn't mention voter suppression in the OP, I don't remember anything in AZ. Tell me what you're talking about.

I agree. And on a serious note - I'm not seeing all that much excitement at the convention like in past years. Even my better half commented on that a few minutes ago. Really, they don't have much to be excited about - but I thought they'd do a better job of trying to fake it. Overall, it just seems subdued.

Yeah, the party elites are a little bummed, the didn't get their anointed baby shrub.

Yeah, the party elites are a little bummed, the didn't get their anointed baby shrub.

Well, Jeb is a dud - but he would be better than racist white trash like the Trumps.

Well, Jeb is a dud - but he would be better than racist white trash like the Trumps.

Tell me fauxcahunches, what specifically has he said that was racist?

Funny. Google it. I wonder why the KKK and all the white supremacist groups are supporting him...

Funny. Google it. I wonder why the KKK and all the white supremacist groups are supporting him...

So you got nothing, as I figured.

Yeah, you win again...

Arguing_45256e_690711.jpg

Yeah, you win again...

Arguing_45256e_690711.jpg

I asked you a question, if I wanted to see left wing lie sites that pay to be at the top of google searches I would have asked google. You failed to provide even one example to support your claim.

Forum List

Back