Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

I really, really doubt it, but that's your call.

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

You mean like Timothy McVeigh?

The trick though is keeping 310 million guns away from every whack job, good luck with that

So..... what? We quit? We just let the little terrorists win? That's sad, Man. :(

No...we let people defend themselves. What is wrong with you?

And how's that been working out? America is dying proof that arming a society does not make it a peaceful society.

Um...not following the situation, are you?

Shooters keep going to gun free zones where only the shooters are armed. That's your way, Holmes, not mine.

Shooting after shooting we follow your rules, and you think that's me getting my way? LOL, clueless

I disagree. Shooting after shooting a well paid congress follows NRA / Gun Lobby rules and the resulting unfettered access to weapons leads inevitably to the next whack-job deciding that using the arsenal they've been collecting on the rest of us in a fucked-up suicide maneuver is a good idea, with daily mass shootings becoming business as usual as the result.

How's that working out for you?​

Your system of ensuring mass murderers can maximize their carnage unchallenged by anyone shooting back isn't working out for me, let's change it. How many people do you want slaughtered before you question your idiotic solution?

An armed society is a peaceful society

-Geaux

Dude... if that were true America wouldn't even have arguments on message boards. We are armed to the teeth.

Crap... Now I'm going to have to give some thought to your comment

Thanks

-Geaux

Thinking is what it's all about, no? ;)

No one shooting back is what you call us being "armed to the teeth?" And you think that's "thinking?"

Have you noticed, the shooters don't follow your rules...

no. we should live in the wild west like you nutters want us to. :cuckoo:

again, wackos, no other civilized country in the world has this problem. the real problem is rightwngnut obsession with guns and violence. the world you want to create and foster is insane.

the problem is not that we have some guns. the problem is the wackoworld obsession with being armed to the teeth because you're too afraid to function in real life.

Again, simpleton, the only one armed to the teeth was the shooter

If you subtract Detroit, Chicago, DC, and New Orleans the US would be fourth from the bottom in gun crimes by country.......

Those cities also have the toughest "gun control" laws in the country.

Perhaps its an indication that we should ban certain animals from obtaining guns.......

Before any more legislation is passed, targeting LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, those proposing the new legislation should have to explain how this new legislation is going to be enforced against criminals, how criminals will not be able to get around it simply by not obeying the law, because if their answer is to strip more law abiding citizens of the ability to protect themselves, leaving them defenseless victims-in-waiting, then the legislation should immediately be rejected.

Liberals still can't get over this simple question - how are new laws going to keep guns out of the hands of CRIMINALS? The answer so far is, 'It's NOT.' Criminals ARE 'criminals' because they BREAK the law, and if you take weapons out of the hands of law-abiding citizens the only people who will have guns will be 'criminals'. Even if Liberals found some way to get rid of all the MILLIONS of guns in this country CRIMINALS will still find a way to get them.

So basically their answer to 'wolves' preying on the 'sheep' is to get rid of the 'sheep dog' and the 'shepherd's staff'!
:haha: :fu:

Actually we only punish people for those things when they do something wrong. gun control punishes me for something someone else MAY do.

How? Do you not think you could pass a background check? Or are you still mad about not being able to buy a fully armed tank?

I can pass a background check, and what I want is to be able to get a CCW for a freaking revolver without having to spend $3k and convincing NYPD of my "need"

Considering he only needed one, because everyone else was unarmed, and the cops took time to get there, him having 14 guns is moot.

Wow, leave it to a gun nut to miss the point.

He shouldn't have had ANY guns. Not with his psych history.

But we found out today him mom is a gun nut, like you people.

Then someone should have tried to have him adjudicated.

and the point wasn't missed, you just got called on the bullshit you spread.

It is precisely in the heavily regulated gun free zones that most of the mass shootings are taking place, over 90% of them. Liberals already have what they want in these zones, no guns. Its not surprising to anyone with a brain that these pricks choose gun free zones to do their killing.
Progressives want people targeted and killed so they can then disarm them. This is how tyrants work.

I can pass a background check, and what I want is to be able to get a CCW for a freaking revolver without having to spend $3k and convincing NYPD of my "need"

When Liberals can't ignore the Constitution they try to GET AROUND IT. For example, the Constitution clearly states the right to religious freedom AND THE EXERCISE THEREOF. So Liberals concede your right to religion then attempt to trample the Constitution by trying to limit your right to EXERCISE that limit. Same thing with right to bear arms.

In the past, for example, Liberals tried to sneak into legislation the banning of citizens' right to own 'missiles' - neatly tucked in later was a paragraph re-defining bullets as 'missiles'. Luckily the NRA combed over the bill and found it. Once revealed Liberals pulled this from the bill.

Unfettered? That's a lie

Again, shootings are rare and an acceptable risk to live in America

That would imply that countries with common sense gun laws are somehow less desirable to live in than America, and that just isn't the case.

I have never heard of a 'common sense gun law'

-Geaux

that's because you wouldn't know anything sensible if it bit you.

your problem... not ours. but maybe you should stop listening to NRA and rightwngnut propaganda.

Maybe you should stop listening to Bloomberg and leftwing propaganda.

Unfettered? That's a lie

Again, shootings are rare and an acceptable risk to live in America

That would imply that countries with common sense gun laws are somehow less desirable to live in than America, and that just isn't the case.

I have never heard of a 'common sense gun law'

-Geaux

that's because you wouldn't know anything sensible if it bit you.

your problem... not ours. but maybe you should stop listening to NRA and rightwngnut propaganda.

Maybe you should stop listening to Bloomberg and leftwing propaganda.

not that I listen to Bloomberg, but leftist propaganda?

statements like that explain why you wackjobs and halfwits don't know anything and are the least informed people in our electorate.

What about machete sales? In a gun free zone, a man with a machete could easily kill hundreds. Just ask the Tutsis.

Interestingly enough, according to the FBI, more people are killed in the US each year by knives and hammers than by 'assault rifles', but you don't hear Liberals calling for knife bans or background checks and waiting periods for people who want to buy a hammer! :p

Dude! Read the fucking post! I said he's NOT blaming the inanimate object - he's blaming easy access.

A distinction without a difference. The world is a dangerous place. Those who want to kill, can and easily. A gallon of gas and a rag will kill four times as many with no need to stop and reload. Ditto a machete. A chlorine and ammonia cocktail could take out the whole floor.

Focusing on the inanimate object used is foolish pandering.

No...we let people defend themselves. What is wrong with you?

People defending themselves poses a serious risk to tyrants and the jackbooted minions of the DNC.

A disarmed populace is an obedient and subservient populace. Right now, all the police and federal civilian forces combined could not subdue the populace. democrats are dedicated to changing this, so a ruled nation understands that all power rests with our rulers. The authoritarian left views liberty as enemy #1

Actually we only punish people for those things when they do something wrong. gun control punishes me for something someone else MAY do.

How? Do you not think you could pass a background check? Or are you still mad about not being able to buy a fully armed tank?

That is ridiculous.

Obtaining a weapons permits should not be based mostly on ability to pay money. A reasonable processing fee is understandable, but if what you say is true, NY is selling permits and you're right... that is unconstitutional.

Well that's twice the paperwork on many a gun sale. I think that it would be a step in the right direction if every gun sale required a title transfer.

What about machete sales? In a gun free zone, a man with a machete could easily kill hundreds. Just ask the Tutsis.

Good point. Once we get the trafficking of firearms under control, that will free up resources to try to keep machetes out of the hands of the whack-jobs.

Perhaps there is a future where the sellers of machetes and swords can bounce their applicants off the same data base as the sellers of firearms.

Dude! Read the fucking post! I said he's NOT blaming the inanimate object - he's blaming easy access.

A distinction without a difference. The world is a dangerous place. Those who want to kill, can and easily. A gallon of gas and a rag will kill four times as many with no need to stop and reload. Ditto a machete. A chlorine and ammonia cocktail could take out the whole floor.

Focusing on the inanimate object used is foolish pandering.

So you agree that registration of weapons and the use of national data bases to keep weapons and dangerous chemicals out of the hands of the whack-o's is the answer?

See there! The left and right needn't be so far apart on this.

Blaming everything but the person doing the killing... Only in progressive America that is possible, I guess.

Embracing the suck

Well our nation has recently tried to look through its box of "excuses" to determine why there are so many killings, focusing on mass murders. They said the gun made them do it, then it was the flag which has to be the culprit behind these deaths. Yet removing the flag and states promoting stricter gun laws hasn't solved the problem. So the professors of excuses will most certainly continue to look elsewhere for the cause, whatever symbol or object they can find that had "talked them into it". In other words, the criminal was just a harmless victim in all of this, coerced by his new found "drug" that tempted him to such action. How much searching will it take until we finally focus our attention on the individual? Shouod we place restrictions on culinary knives, an axe, or even the use of glass bottles as well? When will we focus on the criminals' behavior and his lack of respect for human life for answers?

Well our nation has recently tried to look through its box of "excuses" to determine why there are so many killings, focusing on mass murders. They said the gun made them do it, then it was the flag which has to be the culprit behind these deaths. Yet removing the flag and states promoting stricter gun laws hasn't solved the problem. So the professors of excuses will most certainly continue to look elsewhere for the cause, whatever symbol or object they can find that had "talked them into it". In other words, the criminal was just a harmless victim in all of this, coerced by his new found "drug" that tempted him to such action. How much searching will it take until we finally focus our attention on the individual? Shouod we place restrictions on culinary knives, an axe, or even the use of glass bottles as well? When will we focus on the criminals' behavior and his lack of respect for human life for answers?
So very true, our politicians can't see the forest through the trees that is for sure.
We are past the point of no return...

Forum List

Back