55233cceb25636638313f38cb04b3710.jpg

Audrey Hepburn and her pet deer

7aOuDLx_zps482e5818.jpg

j3qD7Ow_zpsbf6e65e3.png

7oZDjK8_zps3aff6cc3.jpg

mkHNCXc_zps3d38d8d6.jpg

out doing the weekly shopping.
ecVtXNc_zps19b87fda.jpg

President Hoover and his Belgian shepherd "King Tut"... this photo was widely circulated during his presidential campaign in 1928 and was said to have helped boost his popularity.:eusa_dance:

<<<<go Tut goooooooooo :razz:

Helen Keller said of her pit bull, Sir Thomas, he “seems to understand my limitations, and is always close beside me when I am alone. I love his affectionate ways and the eloquent wag of his tail.”

il_570xN.531723607_2xdn.jpg

Helen-keller-AP370831128.jpg

The Story About Paul McCartney’s Dog Martha

paul_mccartney_dog_martha_the_beatl_zpsd2bd5a60.jpg

In 1965 soon after buying his house on Cavendish Avenue, Paul McCartney bought his first pet, an Old English sheepdog puppy he named the dog Martha. She was born June 16, 1966.

martha_my_dear_paul_mccartney_dog_zpsa6e04503.jpg

"In 1997, McCartney revealed that Martha had been the inspiration behind the song “Martha My Dear” and that it was not a message of love to Jane Asher, who McCartney intended to marry in 1968 and who many listeners thought the song was actually about. It’s a communication of some sort of affection but in a slightly abstract way, McCartney said,

‘You silly girl, look what you’ve done,’ all that sort of stuff. These songs grow. Whereas it would appear to anybody else to be a song to a girl called Martha, it’s actually a dog, and our relationship was platonic, believe me.”

1040c4898f09e6c5e052f4c1a42ac1813bf_zpse62df7c8.jpg

paul_mccartney_dog_martha_zpsc04ce7fc.png

Martha died in 1981 at the age of 15 at McCartney’s farm house in Mull of Kintyre, Scotland. She is survived by her offspring, one of which was featured on McCartney’s 1993 album “Paul Is Live” album cover. Her name is Arrow.

Paul_Is_Live_McCartney_Martha_Arrow_zps795eaba2.jpg
Martha

105_zps9627d19f.jpg

JanePaulMartha_zpsadbc759d.jpg

Paul McCartney and his girlfriend Jane Asher pictured with his sheepdog, Martha, in the 1960s. Martha.

p1156679481_zps137fdb2c.jpg

American writer Ernest Hemingway with his polydactyl (six-toed) cats.

"The manliest man to ever hit the literary scene had a soft spot in his heart for felines" ...good on him!!

with sons Patrick and Gregory

with fourth and last wife Mary

Hem with his beloved Black Dog

This is what he wrote in his memoirs, when Black Dog was killed by Cuban soldiers (he was living in Cuba at the time)

“Poor old Black Dog. I miss him. In the early morning when I work, he’s not there on the kudu skin beside the typewriter; and in the afternoon when I swim, he’s not hunting lizards beside the pool; and in the evenings, when I sit in my chair to read, his chin isn’t resting on my foot. I miss Black Dog as much as I miss any friend I ever lost.”

"The manliest man to ever hit the literary scene had a soft spot in his heart for felines" ...good on him!!

I was just thinking how all these male stars seem to pick wussy pets for the most part.
Where are the manly dogs? LOL

I was just thinking how all these male stars seem to pick wussy pets for the most part.
Where are the manly dogs? LOL

Hemingway also had dogs

EH04449P.jpg

hemingway-w-blackie-1957.jpg

tumblr_ln7wl1jIQs1qe7zubo1_500.jpg

Ernest-Hemingway.jpg

Forum List

Back