- May 17, 2013
- Reaction score
lol...........I was agreeing with you..............I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS.It's what I get for being social-media deficient. This is my only foray into the grand world of public comment.We must be too old for these youngsters..........I had NO CLUE.THANK YOU for explaining what a Karen is. I've been hearing it everywhere and had no idea what it is.Honey let me tell you what a Karen is. A Karen is someone who gets up in everyone's business. A shamer, a nitpicker, a tattler. These are the people calling the police for kids playing in neighborhoods, people not social distancing, and etc.That's not gonna happen. Karen here needs to complain. It breathes life into her dead soul.Do let us know when you're done whining.Right, accept all the edicts of The State and their Useful Idiots and don't complain, Comrade!View attachment 319004I would rather not live in a COMPLETE police state. I don't think COVID warrants a police state. Do you? Really.In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.In my community, there is already:
1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.
2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.
3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.
4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.
5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!
6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.
By today, Karen's and other busybodies will have a new fixation:
5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!
By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.
Previous guidance stated the general public did not need to wear masks unless they came into contact with coronavirus patients or if they were sick.www.usatoday.com
View attachment 319005This is what's sad--that we all feel the need to explain why we needed to go out, for what reason.I went to a hardware store yesterday. The check out counter was covered in Plastic. all the workers wore gloves and while there they washed their hands with sanitizer set up at a sink. Tape was on the floor marking 6 foot...........
BTW I had to go there...............LOL.......a tornado went over my roof a few days ago and I'm having to fix it.............Almost have the damage fixed.
I then went to a store.......Greers........Not Walmart.....cause hardly anyone was there.........so few were there that Even OUR VEHICLES WERE DOING SOCIAL DISTANCING.......... Only about 8 people in the store...........4 workers that I could see...........was Stocked except no TP.........LOL
Then I went to the Dollar store got some drinks because they are cheap there.....same thing......tape on floor.......people not getting near each other........clerk wearing gloves at check out......
NOW I drove by Wally World on the way home..........Parking lot FULL..........Hundreds on top of each other..............a Virus Pandemic spread if I ever could see one......
One more thing.......I saw people at the couple of places I stopped...and I did the same using wipes on their door handles.....when getting in and out of their cars............and THIS IS ALABAMA ROLL TIDE....
We are Americans. We shouldn't need to explain why we are going out or for what. We should be able to define what is "essential" to us. We shouldn't go out SICK and we shouldn't purposely sneeze/cough/get up in people's grills. Other than that, everyone can mind their own darn business and stay out of mine.
Seriously, KARENS, leave everyone alone
Whoa. Great laughs this morning
Me appropriately calling out shaming and hurting your feelings does not make me a Karen.