Face Masks are Voluntary. Up Next: Mask Shaming.

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
In my community, there is already:

1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.

2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.

3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.

4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.

5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!

6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.

By today, Karen's and other busybodies will have a new fixation:

5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!

By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.

We shouldn't be going out especially when were sick.

No if you're sick you shouldn't be going out at all. Mask or no mask.

Therefore, you really don't need a mask, especially if you're socially distancing. If someone wants to wear a mask anyway, that's great for them. No squabbles from me. But I KNOW, and so do you, and anyone who freely chooses not to wear a mask is going to get the good old fashioned Leftist Puritanical Shaming.

1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.

2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.

3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.

4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.

5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!

6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.

5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!

By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.

In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.

In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.

I would rather not live in a COMPLETE police state. I don't think COVID warrants a police state. Do you? Really.

I went to a hardware store yesterday. The check out counter was covered in Plastic. all the workers wore gloves and while there they washed their hands with sanitizer set up at a sink. Tape was on the floor marking 6 foot...........

BTW I had to go there...............LOL.......a tornado went over my roof a few days ago and I'm having to fix it.............Almost have the damage fixed.

I then went to a store.......Greers........Not Walmart.....cause hardly anyone was there.........so few were there that Even OUR VEHICLES WERE DOING SOCIAL DISTANCING.......... Only about 8 people in the store...........4 workers that I could see...........was Stocked except no TP.........LOL

Then I went to the Dollar store got some drinks because they are cheap there.....same thing......tape on floor.......people not getting near each other........clerk wearing gloves at check out......

NOW I drove by Wally World on the way home..........Parking lot FULL..........Hundreds on top of each other..............a Virus Pandemic spread if I ever could see one......

One more thing.......I saw people at the couple of places I stopped...and I did the same using wipes on their door handles.....when getting in and out of their cars............and THIS IS ALABAMA ROLL TIDE....

Therefore, you really don't need a mask, especially if you're socially distancing. If someone wants to wear a mask anyway, that's great for them. No squabbles from me. But I KNOW, and so do you, and anyone who freely chooses not to wear a mask is going to get the good old fashioned Leftist Puritanical Shaming.

It would be helpful to know how many of the people who are testing positive are working or out in the public regularly, compared to those who are practicing social distancing and only going out to get groceries.

Hyping the need for everyone to wear a mask is going to cause a shortage of masks for those who need them. TRUMP gave a good suggestion for people to use a scarf, but since it was mentioned by TRUMP the media isn't promoting the simple solution that wouldn't take supply from the workforce.

About the mask wearing...... I was talking to a cop the other night about how they're letting a bunch of people loose from local county lockups, and the impact that is having on street crime, and he pointed out that with everyone wearing masks, they aren't going to be able to make any cases even with surveillance camera footage. Plus it gives armed robbers more time to close the distance; a couple months ago, if some mutt wearing a mask stepped into a gas station, the clerk would pull his gun immediately..... now the guy will probably be able to get within arm's length before people realize what's up, and again, they won't give a shit about the camera because even if they're recognized, you're not going to get that positive ID necessary for a conviction.
Most probable result IMO? Lot more crime, lot more getting away with it unless they're stopped right then and there by their intended victims.

I went to a hardware store yesterday. The check out counter was covered in Plastic. all the workers wore gloves and while there they washed their hands with sanitizer set up at a sink. Tape was on the floor marking 6 foot...........

BTW I had to go there...............LOL.......a tornado went over my roof a few days ago and I'm having to fix it.............Almost have the damage fixed.

I then went to a store.......Greers........Not Walmart.....cause hardly anyone was there.........so few were there that Even OUR VEHICLES WERE DOING SOCIAL DISTANCING.......... Only about 8 people in the store...........4 workers that I could see...........was Stocked except no TP.........LOL

Then I went to the Dollar store got some drinks because they are cheap there.....same thing......tape on floor.......people not getting near each other........clerk wearing gloves at check out......

NOW I drove by Wally World on the way home..........Parking lot FULL..........Hundreds on top of each other..............a Virus Pandemic spread if I ever could see one......

One more thing.......I saw people at the couple of places I stopped...and I did the same using wipes on their door handles.....when getting in and out of their cars............and THIS IS ALABAMA ROLL TIDE....

This is what's sad--that we all feel the need to explain why we needed to go out, for what reason.

We are Americans. We shouldn't need to explain why we are going out or for what. We should be able to define what is "essential" to us. We shouldn't go out SICK and we shouldn't purposely sneeze/cough/get up in people's grills. Other than that, everyone can mind their own darn business and stay out of mine.

Seriously, KARENS, leave everyone alone

It would be helpful to know how many of the people who are testing positive are working or out in the public regularly, compared to those who are practicing social distancing and only going out to get groceries.

Hyping the need for everyone to wear a mask is going to cause a shortage of masks for those who need them. TRUMP gave a good suggestion for people to use a scarf, but since it was mentioned by TRUMP the media isn't promoting the simple solution that wouldn't take supply from the workforce.

I don't know. I mean looking at this from a 36,000 ft view

A lot of people want the government to mitigate a LOT of risk for them, and want to blame a LOT of people if they get sick. Look at my list here. If they get the virus, it's THIS one's fault and THAT one's fault....

In reality the long history of human life is that it's risky, and can be brutal and short. We have settled into a mindset that says we are OWED a long and healthy life and if we don't get one, SOMEONE. MUST. PAY. or it's someone's fault.

Well, that's just not the way it has been for pretty much...all of human history. Welcome to the experience of pretty much all of our ancestors.

You're such a victim. How do you get out of bed each day?

And, let's be clear. "Karens" are usually RW nutbags who are unhappy with their lot in life. You are very likely a "Karen". I can see you telling a group of brown people to speak English or telling some kid on a skateboard to pull up his pants.

About the mask wearing...... I was talking to a cop the other night about how they're letting a bunch of people loose from local county lockups, and the impact that is having on street crime, and he pointed out that with everyone wearing masks, they aren't going to be able to make any cases even with surveillance camera footage. Plus it gives armed robbers more time to close the distance; a couple months ago, if some mutt wearing a mask stepped into a gas station, the clerk would pull his gun immediately..... now the guy will probably be able to get within arm's length before people realize what's up, and again, they won't give a shit about the camera because even if they're recognized, you're not going to get that positive ID necessary for a conviction.
Most probable result IMO? Lot more crime, lot more getting away with it unless they're stopped right then and there by their intended victims.

Great point.

We have leaped into this without thinking through any of the repercussions.

It's our Safe Space Culture, and it reigns supreme over everything.

You're such a victim. How do you get out of bed each day?

And, let's be clear. "Karens" are usually RW nutbags who are unhappy with their lot in life. You are very likely a "Karen". I can see you telling a group of brown people to speak English or telling some kid on a skateboard to pull up his pants.

That made me laugh.

You missed the point so completely. You are so far from "live and let live" you can't even see how far you are. Not even with binoculars

I would rather not live in a COMPLETE police state. I don't think COVID warrants a police state. Do you? Really.
View attachment 319004

This is what's sad--that we all feel the need to explain why we needed to go out, for what reason.

We are Americans. We shouldn't need to explain why we are going out or for what. We should be able to define what is "essential" to us. We shouldn't go out SICK and we shouldn't purposely sneeze/cough/get up in people's grills. Other than that, everyone can mind their own darn business and stay out of mine.

weep.jpeg

View attachment 319004

View attachment 319005

Right, accept all the edicts of The State and their Useful Idiots and don't complain, Comrade!

Whoa. Great laughs this morning

View attachment 319004

View attachment 319005

Right, accept all the edicts of The State and their Useful Idiots and don't complain, Comrade!

Whoa. Great laughs this morning
Do let us know when you're done whining.

Forum List

Back