- Nov 28, 2011
- Reaction score
Hmmmm..There is also pride and vanity involved in people's choices possibly being made as well, otherwise if not adjusting themselves to do their part if asked too, and to do so by voluntary measures upon their own without being asked to do so would be great.In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.In my community, there is already:
1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.
2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.
3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.
4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.
5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!
6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.
By today, Karen's and other busybodies will have a new fixation:
5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!
By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.
Previous guidance stated the general public did not need to wear masks unless they came into contact with coronavirus patients or if they were sick.www.usatoday.com
People also want to ignore the fact that there could possibly be something wrong with their health, so to prove that there isn't anything wrong with their health, they go out strutting there stuff as if to say "look at me, I'm better than you because my health is better than yours is" maybe ???????? Not good if this is the case for their actions around others in this way.
They don't remember the solidarity movement's where people shaved their heads bald in support of cancer patients that lose their hair due to treatments ??? What a noble and compassionate thing to do when looking back at it now. Mask wearing or bandana wearing would be no different at this point. It's like saying hey I'm with you, and I'm doing my part.
It is ashame that people ignore the facts on the ground just to be seen as being better than someone else if it is the case or that they are more perfect than someone else if it be the case or that they are more stronger than someone else etc.... I hope this isn't the case or thinking with many, otherwise to be arrogant in this tragic corono virus situation that is being experienced by so many now.
We need solidarity, and we need it NOW in the world. People are dying left and right, and the bullcrap bickering back and forth for political points needs to END NOW.
Another thing to consider however, is that people want to project positives onto others by going about their lives in a normal way as if to be saying - ("hey folks, we are going to get over this thing, so don't let it change you into a germaphobe forever").
Fight it naturally by staying healthy, and doing those things that keep you healthy always, otherwise this is their first line in their defensive thinking, but this ain't no normal virus, so all things normal are out the window at this point maybe. Time to adjust.
Yeah, just be willing to adjust is all people are suggesting, and are asking, so to do so makes people know that one is being smart, and not being ignorant in the situation. It gives comfort to those who are afflicted, and reassurances to those who are weakend by it all, and this whether they are mentally or physically afflicted at this point and time.
Don't let sinful pride or vanity motivate or get in the way of showing those who are hurting that you are with them people, and that you are helping to protect them by doing your parts in this thing.
Put that super cool bandana on with the American flag print on it or in support of your group print on it or I'm with you print on it.
Let's support our citizens who are hurting, and do so in the right ways by protecting them and you as well as them. It's the right thing to do. Let the bandana races begin..