Face Masks are Voluntary. Up Next: Mask Shaming.

In my community, there is already:

1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.

2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.

3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.

4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.

5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!

6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.

By today, Karen's and other busybodies will have a new fixation:

5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!

By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.

In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.

I would rather not live in a COMPLETE police state. I don't think COVID warrants a police state. Do you? Really.
View attachment 319004
I went to a hardware store yesterday. The check out counter was covered in Plastic. all the workers wore gloves and while there they washed their hands with sanitizer set up at a sink. Tape was on the floor marking 6 foot...........

BTW I had to go there...............LOL.......a tornado went over my roof a few days ago and I'm having to fix it.............Almost have the damage fixed.

I then went to a store.......Greers........Not Walmart.....cause hardly anyone was there.........so few were there that Even OUR VEHICLES WERE DOING SOCIAL DISTANCING.......... Only about 8 people in the store...........4 workers that I could see...........was Stocked except no TP.........LOL

Then I went to the Dollar store got some drinks because they are cheap there.....same thing......tape on floor.......people not getting near each other........clerk wearing gloves at check out......

NOW I drove by Wally World on the way home..........Parking lot FULL..........Hundreds on top of each other..............a Virus Pandemic spread if I ever could see one......

One more thing.......I saw people at the couple of places I stopped...and I did the same using wipes on their door handles.....when getting in and out of their cars............and THIS IS ALABAMA ROLL TIDE....

This is what's sad--that we all feel the need to explain why we needed to go out, for what reason.

We are Americans. We shouldn't need to explain why we are going out or for what. We should be able to define what is "essential" to us. We shouldn't go out SICK and we shouldn't purposely sneeze/cough/get up in people's grills. Other than that, everyone can mind their own darn business and stay out of mine.

Seriously, KARENS, leave everyone alone
View attachment 319005

Right, accept all the edicts of The State and their Useful Idiots and don't complain, Comrade!

Whoa. Great laughs this morning
Do let us know when you're done whining.

That's not gonna happen. Karen here needs to complain. It breathes life into her dead soul.

Honey let me tell you what a Karen is. A Karen is someone who gets up in everyone's business. A shamer, a nitpicker, a tattler. These are the people calling the police for kids playing in neighborhoods, people not social distancing, and etc.

Me appropriately calling out shaming and hurting your feelings does not make me a Karen.
THANK YOU for explaining what a Karen is. I've been hearing it everywhere and had no idea what it is.
We must be too old for these youngsters..........I had NO CLUE.
It's what I get for being social-media deficient. This is my only foray into the grand world of public comment.
lol...........I was agreeing with you..............I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS.

:abgg2q.jpg:

1. Non-essentials shaming. That is, store workers are coming on community pages and shaming people for shopping for what they deem to be NON-ESSENTIALS, and how dare they flood the stores for such.

2. Walking shaming. When people are walking outside they're not stepping aside to let others walk by.

3. Shopping shaming. People are shopping too often, for too many things they don't need. How do the shamers know this? Um..does it ever matter? The shamers have full license to be up in everyone's business, of course.

4. Church shaming. This one is a favorite, mostly toward Christians of course. HOW DARE these Christians exercise their First Amendment Rights to meet together, even if they are socially distancing.

5. Kid shaming. Kids are playing together! And they are having play dates! Outside! Together!

6. Socially distance shaming. This is the big one and I'm shocked the Karen's haven't found a way to carry six foot yardsticks with them. Honestly I think that's next.

5. Face Mask Shaming. The CDC recommends face masks and people are outside and not wearing them!

By the way, these shamers are having so much fun there is NO WAY this recedes when the virus is done. I detest this, but shamers, busybodies and Karen's are all around, and they've been given free rein. Get used to this.

In the Czech Republic wearing face masks is the law and has been for 3 weeks. It has worked very well. Those who don't wear them are shamed and fined if caught.
Hmmmm..There is also pride and vanity involved in people's choices possibly being made as well, otherwise if not adjusting themselves to do their part if asked too, and to do so by voluntary measures upon their own without being asked to do so would be great.

People also want to ignore the fact that there could possibly be something wrong with their health, so to prove that there isn't anything wrong with their health, they go out strutting there stuff as if to say "look at me, I'm better than you because my health is better than yours is" maybe ???????? Not good if this is the case for their actions around others in this way.

They don't remember the solidarity movement's where people shaved their heads bald in support of cancer patients that lose their hair due to treatments ??? What a noble and compassionate thing to do when looking back at it now. Mask wearing or bandana wearing would be no different at this point. It's like saying hey I'm with you, and I'm doing my part.

It is ashame that people ignore the facts on the ground just to be seen as being better than someone else if it is the case or that they are more perfect than someone else if it be the case or that they are more stronger than someone else etc.... I hope this isn't the case or thinking with many, otherwise to be arrogant in this tragic corono virus situation that is being experienced by so many now.

We need solidarity, and we need it NOW in the world. People are dying left and right, and the bullcrap bickering back and forth for political points needs to END NOW.

Another thing to consider however, is that people want to project positives onto others by going about their lives in a normal way as if to be saying - ("hey folks, we are going to get over this thing, so don't let it change you into a germaphobe forever").

Fight it naturally by staying healthy, and doing those things that keep you healthy always, otherwise this is their first line in their defensive thinking, but this ain't no normal virus, so all things normal are out the window at this point maybe. Time to adjust.

Yeah, just be willing to adjust is all people are suggesting, and are asking, so to do so makes people know that one is being smart, and not being ignorant in the situation. It gives comfort to those who are afflicted, and reassurances to those who are weakend by it all, and this whether they are mentally or physically afflicted at this point and time.

Don't let sinful pride or vanity motivate or get in the way of showing those who are hurting that you are with them people, and that you are helping to protect them by doing your parts in this thing.

Put that super cool bandana on with the American flag print on it or in support of your group print on it or I'm with you print on it.

Let's support our citizens who are hurting, and do so in the right ways by protecting them and you as well as them. It's the right thing to do. Let the bandana races begin.. :)
Well said. I'll think about it. No promises, though.

Hmmmm..There is also pride and vanity involved in people's choices possibly being made as well, otherwise if not adjusting themselves to do their part if asked too, and to do so by voluntary measures upon their own without being asked to do so would be great.

People also want to ignore the fact that there could possibly be something wrong with their health, so to prove that there isn't anything wrong with their health, they go out strutting there stuff as if to say "look at me, I'm better than you because my health is better than yours is" maybe ???????? Not good if this is the case for their actions around others in this way.

They don't remember the solidarity movement's where people shaved their heads bald in support of cancer patients that lose their hair due to treatments ??? What a noble and compassionate thing to do when looking back at it now. Mask wearing or bandana wearing would be no different at this point. It's like saying hey I'm with you, and I'm doing my part.

It is ashame that people ignore the facts on the ground just to be seen as being better than someone else if it is the case or that they are more perfect than someone else if it be the case or that they are more stronger than someone else etc.... I hope this isn't the case or thinking with many, otherwise to be arrogant in this tragic corono virus situation that is being experienced by so many now.

We need solidarity, and we need it NOW in the world. People are dying left and right, and the bullcrap bickering back and forth for political points needs to END NOW.

Another thing to consider however, is that people want to project positives onto others by going about their lives in a normal way as if to be saying - ("hey folks, we are going to get over this thing, so don't let it change you into a germaphobe forever").

Fight it naturally by staying healthy, and doing those things that keep you healthy always, otherwise this is their first line in their defensive thinking, but this ain't no normal virus, so all things normal are out the window at this point maybe. Time to adjust.

Yeah, just be willing to adjust is all people are suggesting, and are asking, so to do so makes people know that one is being smart, and not being ignorant in the situation. It gives comfort to those who are afflicted, and reassurances to those who are weakend by it all, and this whether they are mentally or physically afflicted at this point and time.

Don't let sinful pride or vanity motivate or get in the way of showing those who are hurting that you are with them people, and that you are helping to protect them by doing your parts in this thing.

Put that super cool bandana on with the American flag print on it or in support of your group print on it or I'm with you print on it.

Let's support our citizens who are hurting, and do so in the right ways by protecting them and you as well as them. It's the right thing to do. Let the bandana races begin.. :)

Bodily autonomy

Isn't the Left super into it?

I want mine too. So no
That's what you draw out of the post ? Everything is voluntary, and the hope is that people do their part voluntarily. I agree that no one should be forced unless dealing directly with the sick and dying to wear protective gear in order to protect the sick, and to protect one's self in that scenario.

To show respect in the public by adjusting your mannerisms would be great. Was in a store the other day, and a worker just sneezed without doing anything to cover it. I gotta say that it aggravated me to witness that. Me and the wife go the heck out of there quick.

Coronavirus doesn't cause sneezing. Ordinary colds and allergies do.

I have publicly shamed people on social media.

I have bathrooms on a jobsite I have been working on for several weeks now. On occasion I need plumbing or electrical parts and have to goto Home Depot. It's been busier than a Kohls on Christmas with people buying flowers, shrubs and all other manner of superfluous bullshit. Your flower gardens are not more important than public health.
My customer NEEDS functioning bathrooms. You don't need more fucking tulips.

View attachment 319009View attachment 319010

I'll give you an example Grandpa

How do you know what those flowers mean to people. How do you know if there's not a cancer patient in the house, dying, and tulips are their favorite flowers, etc, etc, etc. You don't know. No one knows what anyone is going through
They are buying tons of landscaping shit. I get that people are home and bored but some of us have an actual job to do to get someones home in a useable state. Risking spreading a deadly virus to do some gardening is irresponsible.
And then you have to consider the fact that they are violating lock down orders. If everyone just blows it off then the government truly cracks down we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.
I'm shopping for stuff for the vegetable garden I want.... so I don't have to rely so much on grocery stores. And for fencing and other materials to build chicken coops and runs..... again, so I don't have to rely so much on grocery stores.
You think I shouldn't be doing so? Well that's one man's opinion and opinions are like orgasms, I rarely give a shit about anyone else's.

And btw, how the hell is the government going to "crack down"? :confused:
What are they going to do, other than get left bleeding on the ground?

I have bathrooms on a jobsite I have been working on for several weeks now. On occasion I need plumbing or electrical parts and have to goto Home Depot. It's been busier than a Kohls on Christmas with people buying flowers, shrubs and all other manner of superfluous bullshit. Your flower gardens are not more important than public health.

How do you know what those flowers mean to people. How do you know if there's not a cancer patient in the house, dying, and tulips are their favorite flowers, etc, etc, etc. You don't know. No one knows what anyone is going through
They are buying tons of landscaping shit. I get that people are home and bored but some of us have an actual job to do to get someones home in a useable state. Risking spreading a deadly virus to do some gardening is irresponsible.
And then you have to consider the fact that they are violating lock down orders. If everyone just blows it off then the government truly cracks down we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.
My job is down for 2 to 8 weeks.........this is the 3rd week......over a 1000 sent home........I'm STUCK AT HOME NOT BY CHOICE............and if I want to catch up doing things around the house while I have the time..........then I WILL go there and buy WHATEVER I NEED TO DO SO.......sorry if that offends you.

This is still a Free Country even with a virus..........Dictating that we can't go buy some stuff to fix up around our house........IS NOT FREEDOM..........LIVE FREE OR DIE BRO.......

This shutdown will cause a Depression if we don't get our heads out of our asses. It will effect the City slickers far more than us living in the country........I can go in my back yard right now and by the end of the day take out a deer......carve it up and have it in the Freezer in a few days after bleeding it for taste.

How about someone from New York city......NOPE.
Good points, but adjusting ones mannerisms in order to be respectful to others out in the public is also important right ???

I'm shopping for stuff for the vegetable garden I want.... so I don't have to rely so much on grocery stores. And for fencing and other materials to build chicken coops and runs..... again, so I don't have to rely so much on grocery stores.
You think I shouldn't be doing so? Well that's one man's opinion and opinions are like orgasms, I rarely give a shit about anyone else's.

Where did they get them? None around here.
You can't buy them here.............if you wanted to..........there AREN'T ANY.

Bought N 95 on Janaury 15th, yesterday ordered 100 of the masks like they give you in a doctor's office when you're sick on Amazon.
And the Hospitals are begging for them...................Imagine that.........You do understand that the medical community NEEDS THEM..........then it NEEDS TO BE workers in a store.............they are on the front lines of this.............everyday THOUSANDS of people coming through the check outs..........they will be the HARDEST HIT.......they don't have the masks.

Imagine this I bought 5 N 95 on January 15th before anyone was crying for them and if I can buy 100 on Amazon yesterday they can too. It's cost prohibitive for them to buy masks like you or I. They buy in mass quantities. I thought I was being helpful when I replied to you saying you couldn't buy them around you and letting you know you can get them.

I don't have any face masks but I have a few of these

Now I have an excuse to wear them out in public and people won't think I'm terrorist

1586005850845.png

I would rather not live in a COMPLETE police state. I don't think COVID warrants a police state. Do you? Really.
WTF are you talking about. Wearing a facemask during a highly contagious virus is tantamount to a police state?!

No, and in my opinion what the poster is referring to is the enforcement of it being a police state.

I have worn masks all my life during the spring season, so this is nothing new for me...

Get used to it. And get over it. Social distance shaming is one I'll enforce, which has meant in some cases, I've actually had to tell people to get the fuck back because they just don't seem to get the concept. Church shaming? Please..whatever your leanings are, basic human responsibility demands that you don't gather in large groups lest you take the chance that people who are the most vulnerable don't get sick and possibly die. Worship in you own home for a few months. The shopping? Tell em to fuck off and do their jobs. It's none of their business as long as I'm being socially responsible, I'll go out. I do make it a point to thank the store workers and cashiers for keeping the shelves stocked.

They just started recommending face masks and they still can't get their act together on messaging. The surgical masks that bubble and have air pocket spaces aren't going to do you jack. All I have are N95 masks that I bought for yard work (allergies) last year and the year before. That's what I've got, that's what I'll use.

Truthfully this will do you more good while also wearing a bandana or surgical mask while out at the store...
141015.jpg

Getting a little bit of land, growing vegetables and chickens is actually pretty forward looking particularly if a tremendous depression is ahead. My grandfather only understand a dozen words of English, but he bought a couple of acres and raised chickens starting during the Depression and was able to feed his family on through the war years as well.

Bodily autonomy

Isn't the Left super into it?

I want mine too. So no
That's what you draw out of the post ? Everything is voluntary, and the hope is that people do their part voluntarily. I agree that no one should be forced unless dealing directly with the sick and dying to wear protective gear in order to protect the sick, and to protect one's self in that scenario.

To show respect in the public by adjusting your mannerisms would be great. Was in a store the other day, and a worker just sneezed without doing anything to cover it. I gotta say that it aggravated me to witness that. Me and the wife go the heck out of there quick.

Coronavirus doesn't cause sneezing. Ordinary colds and allergies do.
Ok, but if you have both then what ? Right now I would imagine that there could be those that have allergies, and they may have been exposed to the virus as well, but it is being masked by their allergies or cold so transmission is possible in this way right ?

Where did they get them? None around here.
You can't buy them here.............if you wanted to..........there AREN'T ANY.

Bought N 95 on Janaury 15th, yesterday ordered 100 of the masks like they give you in a doctor's office when you're sick on Amazon.
And the Hospitals are begging for them...................Imagine that.........You do understand that the medical community NEEDS THEM..........then it NEEDS TO BE workers in a store.............they are on the front lines of this.............everyday THOUSANDS of people coming through the check outs..........they will be the HARDEST HIT.......they don't have the masks.
Might wanna send some to all the nursing homes

When I receive my cloth masks I plan to donate my 5 N95 to the hospital, but I have to wonder although I bought N95 back in Janauary, if I can buy 100 of cloth masks what the fuck is going on that hospitals can't get them, but then it occurred to me they want to buy for pennies where that isn't going to happen at this time. Not to mention other countries are buying with cash and bidding the price up.

My job is down for 2 to 8 weeks.........this is the 3rd week......over a 1000 sent home........I'm STUCK AT HOME NOT BY CHOICE............and if I want to catch up doing things around the house while I have the time..........then I WILL go there and buy WHATEVER I NEED TO DO SO.......sorry if that offends you.

This is still a Free Country even with a virus..........Dictating that we can't go buy some stuff to fix up around our house........IS NOT FREEDOM..........LIVE FREE OR DIE BRO.......

This shutdown will cause a Depression if we don't get our heads out of our asses. It will effect the City slickers far more than us living in the country........I can go in my back yard right now and by the end of the day take out a deer......carve it up and have it in the Freezer in a few days after bleeding it for taste.

How about someone from New York city......NOPE.
Good points, but adjusting ones mannerisms in order to be respectful to others out in the public is also important right ???
I used common sense yesterday............so did everyone else out there.........everyone kept there distance ......took care of business and went on their way............Tape on the floor marking 6 foot...........EVERYONE was doing it.

Everyone was RESPECTFUL.....RESPECT IS EARNED............and RESPECT IS RETURNED.........telling people how to live their life isn't RESPECTFUL........saying they can't buy a few things at a store......SAYING THEY AREN'T ESSENTIAL...........is BS.

99.5% of those infected with this WILL LIVE............if they don't find a vaccine quick....most of the people on this earth WILL GET THIS.........EVENTUALLY........

This is about buying time and limiting the damage to our Medical system that is being overwelmed........this SHUT DOWN WILL NOT LAST........CAN'T....so everyone will eventually go back to work with this virus still out there...........That is ENEVITABLE.

the "shaming" shit has been going on since day 1. people suddenly are a WASH YOU GOD DAMN HANDS police several times a day. i've had to drop some friends on facebook and ignore others cause they'd just not shut up with telling everyone what to do.

wash you hands
stay indoors
commercials on TV saying STAY INDOORS - where the fuck do they think i'm watching this shit?

so god damn tired of CORONA everywhere i turn and tired of people acting like they know exactly what to do 24x7 and must scream at others who don't do as they do.

I don't have any face masks but I have a few of these

Now I have an excuse to wear them out in public and people won't think I'm terrorist

View attachment 319022
With the hightened alert of law enforcement right now, just make sure that your actions aren't mistaken for terrorist actions. Otherwise be smart always. :)

Some states where winter is harsh, that look is very common, but couple that with highly suspicious actions, and it could get a person some time spent with law enforcement.

New Topics

Forum List

Back