CDZ EV question

Thats the question I've been asking for the past 5 years!

People forget that when Teslas first came out on the market, their roofs were solar panels. So what happened to that?

They were supposed to be self-sustaining EV's........so WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE SOLAR PANEL ROOFS???

Ummmm, they don't work. Assuming the Tesla was at 15% it would take two months to recharge. And that is with a full home system. Not a pithy little roof top panel on the car.

Care to tell me why you think that it isn't possible ? We already have a self charging loop on vehicles now, and it keeps the charging system fully operational in order to start the fossil fuel burning engine everytime you climb back into your rig. The only thing that'll be missing is the oil and gas burning engine if take the loop to be adapted into the EV system where as it will still serve to charge the electrical system with a switching system for transference of charging from one set of batteries to the other during operations.
Hybrid cars have been around for a while. I had a Toyota Highlander hybrid. It was a great car and got about 25 mpg. It had lots of power though when you put your foot into it because the electric motor would kick in. Unfortunately the AC went out and it cost more than the car was worth (at the time) to fix it.

Hybrid cars have been around for a while. I had a Toyota Highlander hybrid. It was a great car and got about 25 mpg. It had lots of power though when you put your foot into it because the electric motor would kick in. Unfortunately the AC went out and it cost more than the car was worth (at the time) to fix it.
My brother in law had a hybrid toyota camry and he got 500 miles on a tankful.

Ummmm, they don't work. Assuming the Tesla was at 15% it would take two months to recharge. And that is with a full home system. Not a pithy little roof top panel on the car.
You wouldn't ever let it get to 15% right ??
Regardless of the tech issues or the physics problem's, I still believe that there is a way to sustain the batteries in a recharge scenario that includes a multi-pronged attack of technology, and this in order to allow the vehicle to go far greater distances between travel, and therefore need less charging stations as a result of.

You wouldn't ever let it get to 15% right ??
Regardless of the tech issues or the physics problem's, I still believe that there is a way to sustain the batteries in a recharge scenario that includes a multi-pronged attack of technology, and this in order to allow the vehicle to go far greater distances between travel, and therefore need less charging stations as a result of.

No solar power system that exists in the world today, save for experimental NASA solar arrays that cost hundreds of millions, generate the kind of power that you need to recharge a tesla quickly. They simply do not exist.

On top of a car one panel and they’re complaining like it was supposed to be the fuel
Well I agree that it's a multi-pronged engineering attack that is needed, otherwise in order to address the issue's of sustainability for the charge by regeneration upon using the parts put in motion that are possibly then utilized in way's to bring about a reasonable sustainability of a recharge that can be used to reproduce energy held in storage until that energy is readily available to use once depletion occurs to a degree or level that is set.

Well I agree that it's a multi-pronged engineering attack that is needed, otherwise in order to address the issue's of sustainability for the charge by regeneration upon using the parts put in motion that are possibly then utilized in way's to bring about a reasonable sustainability of a recharge that can be used to reproduce energy held in storage until that energy is readily available to use once depletion occurs to a degree or level that is set.

The only power generation systems capable of rapid charging are nuke, coal, gas, and hydro electric. In other words the Grid.

The only power generation systems capable of rapid charging are nuke, coal, gas, and hydro electric. In other words the Grid.
Well we are thinking outside of the box whenever new ideas are born and put to use. Think about how far we've come so far or rather we have come lately. Look at Artificial Intelligence, and the many other really amazing things we never thought possible, so stay tuned I guess.

Well we are thinking outside of the box whenever new ideas are born and put to use. Think about how far we've come so far or rather we have come lately. Look at Artificial Intelligence, and the many other really amazing things we never thought possible, so stay tuned I guess.

AI is not governed by physics. Electrons are.

we went back to windturbens. that's just a complete lie.

I want to ask this, and please give the best answer you all can bring within your abilities to think inside or outside the box.

Question - Why can't an EV be self charging if it only needs one drive wheel turning for the power, and yet there are three other wheels turning, where as couldn't at least one of them be hooked up to a charging mechanism in order to automatically charge the batteries ??? Even if the power is switched to the spare set while the mains recharge in a loop that is constantly managed and monitored by the on board computer, would it work ?????

This has got to be possible now, but is it being withheld due to the sudden and devastating impact it might have on the volume of oil used, and the job's committed to the fossil fuel industry that involve the transportation category ?????
They can and Nissan has done it. These cars are already on the road in other countries but not in the US yet ( or ever)

Forum List

Back