CDZ EV question

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
I want to ask this, and please give the best answer you all can bring within your abilities to think inside or outside the box.

Question - Why can't an EV be self charging if it only needs one drive wheel turning for the power, and yet there are three other wheels turning, where as couldn't at least one of them be hooked up to a charging mechanism in order to automatically charge the batteries ??? Even if the power is switched to the spare set while the mains recharge in a loop that is constantly managed and monitored by the on board computer, would it work ?????

This has got to be possible now, but is it being withheld due to the sudden and devastating impact it might have on the volume of oil used, and the job's committed to the fossil fuel industry that involve the transportation category ?????

The First Law of Thermodynamics.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."
Care to tell me why you think that it isn't possible ? We already have a self charging loop on vehicles now, and it keeps the charging system fully operational in order to start the fossil fuel burning engine everytime you climb back into your rig. The only thing that'll be missing is the oil and gas burning engine if take the loop to be adapted into the EV system where as it will still serve to charge the electrical system with a switching system for transference of charging from one set of batteries to the other during operations.

I want to ask this, and please give the best answer you all can bring within your abilities to think inside or outside the box.

Question - Why can't an EV be self charging if it only needs one drive wheel turning for the power, and yet there are three other wheels turning, where as couldn't at least one of them be hooked up to a charging mechanism in order to automatically charge the batteries ??? Even if the power is switched to the spare set while the mains recharge in a loop that is constantly managed and monitored by the on board computer, would it work ?????

This has got to be possible now, but is it being withheld due to the sudden and devastating impact it might have on the volume of oil used, and the job's committed to the fossil fuel industry that involve the transportation category ?????
Perpetual motion machines are not possible. Period.

Care to tell me why you think that it isn't possible ? We already have a self charging loop on vehicles now, and it keeps the charging system fully operational in order to start the fossil fuel burning engine everytime you climb back into your rig. The only thing that'll be missing is the oil and gas burning engine if take the loop to be adapted into the EV system where as it will still serve to charge the electrical system with a switching system for transference of charging from one set of batteries to the other during operations.
There is no such thing as self charging. It is just capturing a little of the wasted energy. Energy created by other sources. The drag on the wheel for charging will use up more energy than the other three wheels..

It is like an alternator in your car. You don't get free electricity. That electricity is generated by the drag from the energy from the gasoline.

What you suggest can possibly make a vehicle a little more efficient if engineered properly like if used when braking but, like I said, in physics there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

I invented a perpetual motion machine.

1649005877495.gif

Build a big one of these birds and put it in the ocean
It will bob forever

FRICTION ... it's a fact of life, nothing is perfectly efficient ...

An EV would go A LOT further just driving one wheel ... but it has to drag along three other wheels ... that takes more power, which uses electricity faster ... now attach a generator to one of the wheels, you're pushing two magnetic north poles together, that takes power, even more electricity ... just like setting the brakes on each wheel ...

Yeah ... you might get 20% of the energy back ... but it's still a losing operation ...

Many do charge their batteries to some extent.
For a more detailed answer, learn about perpetual motion.

I don't believe that perpetual motion exist within the means of our total control (nuclear power is almost perpetual in regards to longevity being more at our disposal), but no true perpetual motion isn't possible yet or so we think in such terms as we are capable yet to believe... Natural forces are within our grasp to harness those forces in their natural state would be a more correct possibility because we've come a long way in things we never thought possible before...

We are talking about on board regenerative technology that is man-made, and not subject to the rule's of natural occurrences or other known to science.

Inertia - "the power required to overcome friction and the inertia of the moving parts".

Crankshafts are built on the concepts of inertia being assisted by force, otherwise the assisted spin is due to a power source helped by counter weight's that allow it to get over the hump for a full swing at it again. With the assistance of force, then the crankshaft serves as the power train that helps in the process of propelling the vehicle forward. All we're talking about is the loop that insures a power source (not perpetual in motion), but one that is done through switching in which allows one source of power to be replenished after the switching is complete.

perpetual motion, the action of a device that, once set in motion, would continue in motion forever, with no additional energy required to maintain it. Such devices are impossible on grounds stated by the first and second laws of thermodynamics.

Perpetual motion, although impossible to produce, has fascinated both inventors and the general public for hundreds of years. The enormous appeal of perpetual motion resides in the promise of a virtually free and limitless source of power. The fact that perpetual-motion machines cannot work because they violate the laws of thermodynamics has not discouraged inventors and hucksters from attempting to break, circumvent, or ignore those laws.

There is no such thing as self charging. It is just capturing a little of the wasted energy. Energy created by other sources. The drag on the wheel for charging will use up more energy than the other three wheels..

It is like an alternator in your car. You don't get free electricity. That electricity is generated by the drag from the energy from the gasoline.

What you suggest can possibly make a vehicle a little more efficient if engineered properly like if used when braking but, like I said, in physics there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Ever heard of gear reduction that deals with drag and therefore transfers that drag into torque or far less drag on a component ? I had to purchase moroso oversized pulley's in order to stop my alternator from being over reved on my pro-street race car back in the day.

I don't believe that perpetual motion exist within the means of our total control (nuclear power is almost perpetual in regards to longevity being more at our disposal), but no true perpetual motion isn't possible yet or so we think in such terms as we are capable yet to believe... Natural forces are within our grasp to harness those forces in their natural state would be a more correct possibility because we've come a long way in things we never thought possible before...
Nuclear power is a million times more efficient than chemical but it is not inexhaustible. Look at all the nuclear waste floating around.

We are talking about on board regenerative technology that is man-made, and not subject to the rule's of natural occurrences or other known to science.
Untrue, regenerative technology is used in EVs as a braking system since it slows the car as it generates power. It would have to be 100% efficient to do what you want it to, no heat generation for instance.

Crankshafts are built on the concepts of inertia being assisted by force, otherwise the assisted spin is due to a power source helped by counter weight's that allow it to get over the hump for a full swing at it again. With the assistance of force, then the crankshaft serves as the power train that helps in the process of propelling the vehicle forward. All we're talking about is the loop that insures a power source (not perpetual in motion), but one that is done through switching in which allows one source of power to be replenished after the switching is complete.
Again, it would have to be 100% efficient to do what you want it to and no system is even close to that.

perpetual motion, the action of a device that, once set in motion, would continue in motion forever, with no additional energy required to maintain it. Such devices are impossible on grounds stated by the first and second laws of thermodynamics.

Perpetual motion, although impossible to produce, has fascinated both inventors and the general public for hundreds of years. The enormous appeal of perpetual motion resides in the promise of a virtually free and limitless source of power. The fact that perpetual-motion machines cannot work because they violate the laws of thermodynamics has not discouraged inventors and hucksters from attempting to break, circumvent, or ignore those laws.
With the add of engineered mechanical parts, we can reduce drag, and almost achieve a motion that is only held back by those part's, but the motion is achieved regardless. Now how long the motion last depends on the parts used.

Take a well in the ground for example. If put in a deep well pump, and it is then hooked to a generator turned by a water wheel that is mounted just below a 2500 gallon water tank, and the tanks down spout is funneled in a reduced way to give the wheel only the amount of water used to create the energy needed to power the pump, and the pump can keep the tank replinished even though a certain amount of loss is used to power the water wheel, then you have created an endless loop that is only as good as the parts are built in order to keep it going. The only way to break the loop after it is in motion, is to pull a brake handle that stop's the water wheel in which stops the power to the electric pump.

Nuclear power is a million times more efficient than chemical but it is not inexhaustible. Look at all the nuclear waste floating around.

Untrue, regenerative technology is used in EVs as a braking system since it slows the car as it generates power. It would have to be 100% efficient to do what you want it to, no heat generation for instance.

Again, it would have to be 100% efficient to do what you want it to and no system is even close to that.
Gear reduction is key in these things.

Ever heard of gear reduction that deals with drag and therefore transfers that drag into torque or far less drag on a component ? I had to purchase moroso oversized pulley's in order to stop my alternator from being over reved on my pro-street race car back in the day.

Your alternator always will be a drag on your engine. You can make it a little better by installing more efficient components but at the end of the day it takes gasoline to turn the engine to produce the electricity from the alternator.

The only thing that helps with drag is like what you see in some of the hybrid vehicles where they have been able to recover some of the lost breaking energy.

Do you really not understand the concept of the conservation of energy? I am an engineer so I understand it very well but I didn't think there was anybody in the world that didn't understand that there is no such thing a perpetual motion machine.

Yes perpetual motion is impossible for man-made device's to achieve. Only God can harness and control perpetual motion.

Because the amount of drag induced by generating the electricity will cause the vehicle to slow to the point where it stops.

More energy is being lost in the interaction than is being gained.

F1 uses hybrid technology, they are, quite literally, the best in the world, their KERS systems require multiple laps and the attendant braking involved, to charge the onboard batteries.

Forum List

Back