CDZ EV question

Because it would have to defeat one of the widely accepted laws of physics.
Something cannot produce more energy than it uses.

Because it would have to defeat one of the widely accepted laws of physics.
Something cannot produce more energy than it uses.
Correct, but energy can be stored when produced by alternate means, and it can be also used to further a process if it is done right.

Correct, but energy can be stored when produced by alternate means, and it can be also used to further a process if it is done right.
I remember reading about this somewhere, usually cars that charge the battery while driving do so in two ways:
1) While braking. It transfers that kinetic energy back to batteries
2) Hybrids charging while using gas. It "borrows" some of the energy the combustion engine and transfers that to batteries.

It can't just "charge while driving". Yes, EVs love to claim that, but they charge a tiny portion compared to what it is using. And this is due to the friction required to drive a generator. A generator requires strength to spin it. The action of spinning generates no energy. The action of friction does. In order for a wheel to produce energy - you have to apply friction to it. And the amount of friction needed to produce enough, would tax the motor more than it can get back from charging

Nothing wrong with new technology, but using it like it's the end all be all is very wrong indeed. I'm for moving ahead in technology at a healthy pace for all, but never at the rates and negative expense of my fellow citizen's or our national security. I mean my God man, we have a president leaning down and telling little kid's that he promises that he will end fossil fuels, and the world leader's listening to that Greta Thurnburg (?) ranting about the climate. It's like a nightmare no one seems to be able to get out of.

If EVs work then people will flock to buy them.....and the price will naturally come down just like cell phones and big screen t.v.s.....but it isn't about providing cheap, reliable, plentiful energy and cheap, convenient transportation........it is about making electric cars expensive and rare, and forcing people to scale back their family size to fit the tiny electric cars, and to use public, democrat party controlled transportation....which they can shut down at will....depending on their political needs.....

I remember reading about this somewhere, usually cars that charge the battery while driving do so in two ways:
1) While braking. It transfers that kinetic energy back to batteries
2) Hybrids charging while using gas. It "borrows" some of the energy the combustion engine and transfers that to batteries.

It can't just "charge while driving". Yes, EVs love to claim that, but they charge a tiny portion compared to what it is using. And this is due to the friction required to drive a generator. A generator requires strength to spin it. The action of spinning generates no energy. The action of friction does. In order for a wheel to produce energy - you have to apply friction to it. And the amount of friction needed to produce enough, would tax the motor more than it can get back from charging
The hybrid seems like the best way to go IMO. The best of both worlds so to speak.

I know that dodge's idea of the 4 cylinder shut down was a disaster that cost consumer's big on repairs after the system failed because of the bull crap, and wouldn't you know it "NO RECALL".

If EVs work then people will flock to buy them.....and the price will naturally come down just like cell phones and big screen t.v.s.....but it isn't about providing cheap, reliable, plentiful energy and cheap, convenient transportation........it is about making electric cars expensive and rare, and forcing people to scale back their family size to fit the tiny electric cars, and to use public, democrat party controlled transportation....which they can shut down at will....depending on their political needs.....
Yes an overall plan definitely could be in play with these Demoncrats. Agree.

This happened long before there even was a Green cult!
Yes the EVs or alternative concept cars have been toyed with for year's. Jay Leno has some interesting vehicles in his garage that might interest you to watch a few episodes on.

The hybrid seems like the best way to go IMO. The best of both worlds so to speak.

I know that dodge's idea of the 4 cylinder shut down was a disaster that cost consumer's big on repairs after the system failed because of the bull crap, and wouldn't you know it "NO RECALL".
Add another reason to show that EVs are the future of automobiles. No argument - BUT - it is not the present of automobiles.
And not just due to bleeding edge foibles, but we do not have the electrical grid to power up millions of EVS. And we are nowhere near doing so. Not even close.
And this is why idealism is dangerous. It puts idea over function. It puts idea ahead of reality.
If the Democrats win again next year and maintain house power - especially if Newsome became President.
It will be pain and suffering for a long time for America's poor. Cheap/reliable energy is the backbone of this nation and how we progressed above the rest. Killing that for the idealism of renewables... will turn America into what Germany is suffering through now.
Fossil fuels need to go. But NOT before there is an alternative that A) actually works well and B) is as cheap and reliable as fossil fuels.

Yup, I personally like hybrids a lot. In terms of performance you can make an incredibly agile car because you can have electrically driven front wheels with far less sprung mass to pull around.

Win/win.

EVs can't power themselves any more than this will work:

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 4.40.41 PM.png

Add another reason to show that EVs are the future of automobiles. No argument - BUT - it is not the present of automobiles.
And not just due to bleeding edge foibles, but we do not have the electrical grid to power up millions of EVS. And we are nowhere near doing so. Not even close.
And this is why idealism is dangerous. It puts idea over function. It puts idea ahead of reality.
If the Democrats win again next year and maintain house power - especially if Newsome became President.
It will be pain and suffering for a long time for America's poor. Cheap/reliable energy is the backbone of this nation and how we progressed above the rest. Killing that for the idealism of renewables... will turn America into what Germany is suffering through now.
Fossil fuels need to go. But NOT before there is an alternative that A) actually works well and B) is as cheap and reliable as fossil fuels.
There is a place for both fossil fuels, and for new EV technology, but these Dimocrats are the dimmest bunch on the planet, and even on record I think.

No chit Sherlock, now get with the conversation of go find another topic to be childish on.

You can't handle anything which undercuts your theory. Sad.

No that's not it at all, just be adult with your responses and you'll hear nothing from me accept decent debate or conversation.
Few if any of your arguments on this subject have been intelligent from what I've read.

Few if any of your arguments on this subject have been intelligent from what I've read.
Ok then leave, it's that simple unless you are just a troll, then you definitely can leave. Spurring the mind to think outside the box is always fun and interesting, but of course when you've got those who have done all and seen all, then I guess they are the most boring people in the world or the most arrogant. Both probably go hand in hand.

Ok then leave, it's that simple unless you are just a troll, then you definitely can leave. Spurring the mind to think outside the box is always fun and interesting, but of course when you've got those who have done all and seen all, then I guess they are the most boring people in the world or the most arrogant. Both probably go hand in hand.
You proposed a perpetual motion machine. That’s not you spurring intellectual thought it’s you being stupid. Maybe we can fuel EVs with unicorn farts.

You proposed a perpetual motion machine. That’s not you spurring intellectual thought it’s you being stupid. Maybe we can fuel EVs with unicorn farts.
Really dude, really ? I did no such a thing.

I merely suggested that the vehicle could charge possibly a secondary battery system by the rolling part's that aren't being used for anything other than stability of the vehicle on 4 wheels instead of two. Of course gear reductions and other such technology in order to take away drag on such a system is warranted in the creative process and engineering field's. Not talking about a perpetual motion machine because of course it doesn't work (nothing man made is infinite), but we can reach ultimate efficiency while gaining added time and mileage in the process.

Forum List

Back