Educators for DeVos??

Can educators provide a valid argument for DeVos appointment?

• Total voters
Could public education be any worse than it is already. Nowadays, children are generally just as ignorant and disrespectful of their free ride as their freeloading, poor me liberal parents.

Time for change and I wish DeVos the best of luck considering that liberals are willing to protest and riot (already happening) because they didn't get their way .. :crybaby: .. . Yup, totally poor examples of adult behavior, they could obviously care less about their children's education or emotional stability being self centered dipshits themselves. ...
There are no facts or valid statements here. Your feelings about liberals is not the question at hand. You should also be respectful if your going to preach about disrespect.

I just read an article about liberal educators teaching sex education to first graders and parents having no voice what-so-ever in the policy... Sure, you probably think that's a great idea and would fall into line but to me a change is required and De Vos represents that change. The point is .. liberal educators are failing the public schools and years of perfect choices has produced an absolute nightmare for our children and young adults.

btw. this is an opinion thread, no profanity used and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings....

.... and welcome to the USMB, you'll have to catch me in a better mood next time...:wink_2:

This is a very very rich woman who took it as her particular obligation in life to do what she could to get very poor children a better education than they were getting.

She is not in it for the money; she has all she and subsequent generations could ever need....except that she has given a huge amount of it to further that obligation she has felt called upon to assume.

The problem is that part of the solution she has identified....giving the kids (and their parents) a CHOICE in where they send their kids to school....will hit the Bolsheviks Teachers Unions in the pocketbook....and funny thing is....when it comes to their pocketbook, Bolsheviks are very much like the greediest capitalist in New York and New England.

(By the way, where do you think the Robber Barons came from....whose Greed called forth Unions in the first place?)

Which Greed applies strictly to Private Employee Unions. Their existence is justified.

But the Public Employee Unions, especially the Teachers Unions...simply Suck Off the public tit...through a fraudulent co-conspiracy with the Democratic Party....a conspiracy which ought to have been busted up a long time ago...and maybe this lady will finally do it.

Naturally, the Democrats are raising Hell. They are paid a fortune to raise Hell by the Public Employee Unions, who are funded by us Taxpayers.

What's going to drive this country into some sort of disaster...its tough now to tell how bad...but its going to be a combination of an almost illiterate public, educated by lazy Bolsheviks, and the Liars in the Media who have abandoned all pretense of impartiality and openly joined the Bolshevik side.

Ugly times at hand.

______

Your anti-union barrage of bullshit is off topic.

Could public education be any worse than it is already. Nowadays, children are generally just as ignorant and disrespectful of their free ride as their freeloading, poor me liberal parents.

Time for change and I wish DeVos the best of luck considering that liberals are willing to protest and riot (already happening) because they didn't get their way .. :crybaby: .. . Yup, totally poor examples of adult behavior, they could obviously care less about their children's education or emotional stability being self centered dipshits themselves. ...
There are no facts or valid statements here. Your feelings about liberals is not the question at hand. You should also be respectful if your going to preach about disrespect.

I just read an article about liberal educators teaching sex education to first graders and parents having no voice what-so-ever in the policy... Sure, you probably think that's a great idea and would fall into line but to me a change is required and De Vos represents that change. The point is .. liberal educators are failing the public schools and years of perfect choices has produced an absolute nightmare for our children and young adults.

btw. this is an opinion thread, no profanity used and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings....

.... and welcome to the USMB, you'll have to catch me in a better mood next time...:wink_2:
Your basing your argument on one article? You have not hurt my feelings at all. This is not a debate on our "feelings" or "emotions." As was stated in the beginning of the thread, I would like facts, statistics, or a scientific stance to back up her appointment. No one has been able to offer me such, yet.

Where was this happening and why do you think the federal government was involved in any way?

Most of the BS you hear about in public education occurs in the northeastern US (NY, MA, or PA), Chicago, or the People's Republic of California. The rest of the country does not do this kind of ridiculousness.

As a concerned citizen I am shocked that "educators" would hire or condone the conduct of professional rioters who were paid to assault the Secretary of Education and prevent her from going to work on her first day and it seems that not a single "educator" has apologized or for it or condemned the outrageous conduct. It's obvious that the union based education system has lost it's way and that alleged "educators" seem to think that assault is a legitimate political tool. It's no secret that "educators" have fostered an environment of hatred and every conservative speaker has been a victim of assault on college campus and even some institutes of basic education. The system of assault and violence is obviously encouraged or ignored by ignorant people who refer to themselves as "educators". Drain the freaking swamp.

Why are you blaming educators?????????????????

Those protesters were Black Lives Matter.

Educate yourself, lest you appear to be a fool.

This is a very very rich woman who took it as her particular obligation in life to do what she could to get very poor children a better education than they were getting.

She is not in it for the money; she has all she and subsequent generations could ever need....except that she has given a huge amount of it to further that obligation she has felt called upon to assume.

The problem is that part of the solution she has identified....giving the kids (and their parents) a CHOICE in where they send their kids to school....will hit the Bolsheviks Teachers Unions in the pocketbook....and funny thing is....when it comes to their pocketbook, Bolsheviks are very much like the greediest capitalist in New York and New England.

(By the way, where do you think the Robber Barons came from....whose Greed called forth Unions in the first place?)

Which Greed applies strictly to Private Employee Unions. Their existence is justified.

But the Public Employee Unions, especially the Teachers Unions...simply Suck Off the public tit...through a fraudulent co-conspiracy with the Democratic Party....a conspiracy which ought to have been busted up a long time ago...and maybe this lady will finally do it.

Naturally, the Democrats are raising Hell. They are paid a fortune to raise Hell by the Public Employee Unions, who are funded by us Taxpayers.

What's going to drive this country into some sort of disaster...its tough now to tell how bad...but its going to be a combination of an almost illiterate public, educated by lazy Bolsheviks, and the Liars in the Media who have abandoned all pretense of impartiality and openly joined the Bolshevik side.

Ugly times at hand.

______

He defined liberals and their teacher unions as Bolsheviks, that's complimentary and a quite obvious understatement, sweet really.

Ugly times at hand.

______

He defined liberals and their teacher unions as Bolsheviks, that's complimentary and a quite obvious understatement, sweet really.

So when I was a member of a teacher's union I was a liberal and a Bolshevik?

He obviously doesn't know anything.

Where was this happening and why do you think the federal government was involved in any way?

Most of the BS you hear about in public education occurs in the northeastern US (NY, MA, or PA), Chicago, or the People's Republic of California. The rest of the country does not do this kind of ridiculousness.

Well, you got the Republic of California correct ... :laugh:

Ugly times at hand.

______

Eh, my 4 children that were educated and raised in California and actually had some pretty great teachers, politics unknown .. as it should be in my opinion. Just wondering, have you ran across teachers that were protected by tenure but basically sucked as educators and how did you feel about that in regards to the students?

Ugly times at hand.

______

Eh, my 4 children that were educated and raised in California and actually had some pretty great teachers, politics unknown .. as it should be in my opinion. Just wondering, have you ran across teachers that were protected by tenure but basically sucked as educators and how did you feel about that in regards to the students?
If you want my personal opinion... I feel tenure should be re-evaluated. Teachers are always getting more education, however at the same time not staying up to date with the technology children are becoming experts in. The social and educational implications to wide spread internet access is immense. It should not be taken for granted. Students should always come first. They are and always will be our future.

Ugly times at hand.

______

If you want my personal opinion... I feel tenure should be re-evaluated. Teachers are always getting more education, however at the same time not staying up to date with the technology children are becoming experts in. The social and educational implications to wide spread internet access is immense. It should not be taken for granted. Students should always come first. They are and always will be our future.

You seem like a nice and reasonable person. The fact is DeVos has the job and the teachers would be far wiser working with her than the likely rioting in the streets and undermining her authority. At this point all the brain power of the Teachers Unions are producing dismal results, the bang for the buck sucks.

but sure, there are great teachers with the right attitude, dedication, epic patience and heart (keep those), my view is DeVos has these desirable yet unscientific qualities and she should be allowed a chance. I doubt that will happen though and students as well as taxpayers will continue to suffer because of it... a great victory for the teachers unions and their leaderships politics/income...:thewave:

Last edited:
Those should be the requirements. But of course the only requirement is contributing to your friends.

As an educator I have yet to hear any valid argument (based on facts or science) that DeVos is a good choice. Any teachers out there pro- DeVos? Please tell me why.
Public school teachers, with a few exceptions, are only interested in what best serves their interests and DeVos is interested in what best serves the interests of the children, so naturally, "educators" are opposed to her.

I don't get why public school teachers are so afraid of charter schools and such.

They offer new employment opportunities, they get paid on merit and they don't have to be force represented by political leadership they disagree with. Besides .. competition breeds excellence.

Last edited:
Yes....she is. She has not been corrupted by a system that allows democrat unions to block needed reforms, where children in horrible schools are sacrificed in order to keep bad teachers paying union dues, which are then laundered back to democrat politicians who protect the bad teachers so they can keep paying dues.....

School vouchers, which she and elizabeth warren support, are nothing more than the G.I. Bill for school children.......and Betsy DeVos has been a champion for vouchers and school choice and has put her money where her beliefs are.

Why educators think that vouchers are a bad thing is a mystery. Competition in every other field leads to better quality for everyone...but for some reason, they think trapping people in local schools that are dangerous and don't educate children is a noble endeavor......

The truth of Betsy DeVos...she actually cares about helping children...children whose lives are destroyed by a public education system that is a monopoly that primarily serves the needs of teachers unions and government bureaucrats.....

Forum List

Back