Educators for DeVos??

Can educators provide a valid argument for DeVos appointment?

• Total voters
You believe teachers are being selfish? Who becomes a teacher for selfish reasons? It is one of the most time demanding and stressful professions there are. I can't believe people agree with you also. However, I digress...How does she know what will best serve All children? Please provide me with evidence of any kind.

Simple, anyone who wants a relatively easy career where they will be off and available to be with and raise their own children.

"Relatively easy "? Are you fucking high?

Yes, relatively easy. ....

How many years did you work as a teacher?

So, that is all that you are going to ask him? Aren't you going to defend the good tescher, yet acknowledge there ineffective as well?

???

Glad you asked.

I have been a licensed real estate instructor since 1990. ... I'm really very good and worth every penny I'm paid....

:lmao:

So, what high school is that real estate course in? Or was it middle school? A college perhaps?

Do you think the real estate course is relevant experience to the topic at hand and your categorical statements?

I have also taught the course as a college accredited course. Since you must be 18 to obtain a license, not many folks from middle or high school. I would never teach middle or high school. One, I could not tolerate their behavior and not being able to kick them out. Two, they wouldn't pay me nearly what I am worth.

Remember, this is a very well paying hobby which pays the taxes on my primary income as a Realtor, listing and selling real estate.

Did you know that 75% of people have a fear of public speaking and surveys have shown that most people fear public speaking MORE than they fear death? I was in that category early until friends encouraged me to teach. I joined Toastmasters and selected two or three mentors to learn from and have them critique me.

Last edited:
Simple, anyone who wants a relatively easy career where they will be off and available to be with and raise their own children.

Yes, relatively easy. You get paid the same whether you are good or not.
More and more school systems are employing standards for teachers. If you are a poor teacher, look out for a "teacher review" meant to mentor failing teachers and could end up with dismissal.

Malarkey, with a teacher's union, they can't get rid of them. Plus, much of the problem is a top heavy administration. Another major problem is that there are so many single parents today as compared to forty/fifty years ago that the school is a day care center. Those students lower the bar for everyone boring the high performing student resulting in everyone being below the expected standards.

You are defining all single parents as poor family units. That is not the case. If you were a teacher, you would see that many single parents do very well by their children. You don't know what kind of marriage the parents had. Those that have abused spouses, alcoholic fathers or fraught with drug addiction were better off without the tormentor there.

Nope, I did not define ALL single parents as poor family units.

I don't have to be a teacher to read statistics. For instance, what is the single leading factor between a child being raised in poverty and one being raised above the poverty level?

Glad you asked.

I have been a licensed real estate instructor since 1990. As such, I teach all state required pre and post licensing real estate courses including real estate law, principals, and practices. For our state association, as part of our prestigious GRI designation, I teach fair housing along with office management and goal setting. I also independently teach my own fair housing seminar for continuing education credit throughout the state of Florida. In addition, I teach the Diversity course for our national association around the country. I am also a member of several professional speaker bureaus for our state association and our national association.

This is one of my hobbies. All the income from these sources goes into a separate bank account to pay my taxes from my primary income source, that of a professional Realtor since 1974.

In order for those, I am employed to teach, to be sure of my abilities, we always use evaluation forms. I get feedback and I learn from my mistakes. Here is one from a course I taught in Orlando Florida. I'm really very good and worth every penny I'm paid.

GRI%20Edited_zps2v4mdrqk.jpg

Am I correct in assuming you are teaching adults that want to be there?

Absolutely!

Nearly all my life I have decided how much I was worth and that's what I earned.

Forum List

Back