Dylann Roof: Poster Child For The Death Penalty or Not

Dylann Roof Deserves To Be Put To Death

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • His case changs my opinion on whether I can support the death penalty or not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Russ Alllah Gehry

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2016
Conservative White Christian Hate Criminal and Mass Shooter Dylann Roof is an interesting case for a discussion of the death penalty.

It is important to define as precisely as possible, what Dylann sees himself as. He committed a serious crime with some serious ideological and philosophical motives.

It's wrong to kill, so to punish you for killing, we're gonna kill ya.

Anyone who murders another human deserves to be put to death. Especially cop killers!

I wonder if killing a member of law enforcement is much worse than a mass shooting in a house of worship. I wonder if it is wrong to punish people with death, even if one is against killing. Is the state killing somebody the same thing as a person killing another?

Then there is the ideology and philosophical motives of this Mr Roof

I can pretty glibly say "Kill him" because he freely admits what he did, and he is mentally competent, and I don't feel like paying to feed and house him for the rest of his miserable life.
But if I were one of those jurors who had to actually make that decision? Oh boy, that would be a whole different kettle of fish. Who am I to take another's life?
Does it matter who he killed? Maybe it shouldn't, but yes it matters. They were just nice church people peaceably going about their business, and they did nothing wrong but be born black.
I'm a horrible philosopher.

I wonder if killing a member of law enforcement is much worse than a mass shooting in a house of worship. I wonder if it is wrong to punish people with death, even if one is against killing. Is the state killing somebody the same thing as a person killing another?

I don't care about his ideology of motives, he's still a dangerous psychotic mass murderer who needs to be eliminated from society. He should be killed and his body parts sold for medical research or organ transplant.

It's wrong to kill, so to punish you for killing, we're gonna kill ya.
I know, its like; It's wrong to detain and hold someone against there will, so to punish you, we're going to lock you up...its just so crazy.
Kill him, fine with me.

Of course it is, he's a "conservative white christian"
I don't care if he's a black/brown/red/yellow conservative/liberal.

If found guilty by a jury of his peers of this heinous crime, fry/hang/shoot/dope him til their isn't a chance of him breathing on his own again

It is important to define as precisely as possible, what Dylann sees himself as. He committed a serious crime with some serious ideological and philosophical motives.

He is the opposite side of the anti-white Christian coin...ya wanna talk about some serious ideological and philosophical ideas/motives, check those out
What about anti black Christian?

No one said it was worse. A cop killer deserves the death penalty.

All good questions, more emphasis is put on the killing of law enforcement because they have the onus of having to confront someone who is willing to kill them... and no one who is against killing is compelled by the government against their will to kill anyone, even in times of war...Not if the "someone" committed murder.

Not mention the motives of those who like to point to his skin color and religion

All good questions, more emphasis is put on the killing of law enforcement because they have the onus of having to confront someone who is willing to kill them... and no one who is against killing is compelled by the government against their will to kill anyone, even in times of war...Not if the "someone" committed murder.

Not mention the motives of those who like to point to his skin color and religion
Are you saying Roof will be killed because he's a white conservative Christian? Because that's really fucked up.

Forum List

Back