Dr. Fauci cheered hydroxychloroquine success in 2013

The FDA approved it........it's been studied for a long time.........The CDC is always skeptical.......they don't like saying anything without a lot of experiments..............but when there is no time you must do what you have to do.

The REAL STORY HERE......is that the Dems and their Media got their panties in a wad because Trump was praising it...................

So IGNORANT are these TDS clowns that several Governors BANNED IT until they went OH SHIT OUR PEOPLE ARE DYING..............and lifted the Ban.

The Drug is WORKING.........It is fairly Cheap............and it has been used for a long long time now.

Is it working? I've still only seen the 2 small studies to indicate it works, and 1 small study that indicated it does not. I've read that it is being used in various places, but is there any actual data about its effectiveness in those places? Everything seems anecdotal at best, more often just rumor. I may not know the right places to find the information, though.
Many states are using it now..........I've heard stories on this board posting it is working........if it didn't work we'd hear the talking heads blaring it all over the news............

The Media being silent on it is probably a very good indicator it works.

I don't consider stories posted on USMB and a lack of media reports about it NOT working an exceptionally compelling argument. I hope it IS an effective treatment, for a number of reasons, but I just haven't seen much real evidence that it is as of yet.

I'm not opposed to giving it to patients with severe symptoms, assuming informed consent is given.
They have been studying these for the SARs for quite some time..........From the 2003 outbreak, which LUCKILY was stopped early.

Other treatments were from places like UAB.

And shit...........here we go again.

ON MONDAY AFTERNOON, the Food and Drug Administration granted Gilead Sciences “orphan” drug status for its antiviral drug, remdesivir. The designation allows the pharmaceutical company to profit exclusively for seven years from the product, which is one of dozens being tested as a possible treatment for Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

The distinction could severely limit supply of remdesivir by granting Gilead Sciences exclusive protection over the drug and complete control of its price. Other pharmaceutical firms, including India-based pharmaceutical firm Cipla, are reportedly working toward a generic form of remdesivir, but patients in the U.S. could be prevented from buying generics with lower prices now that Gilead Sciences’s drug has been designated an orphan.

Looks like they were forced to stop that ........Amazing.
Update: March 28, 2020
Gilead Sciences announced on March 25 that it had submitted a request to the Food and Drug Administration to rescind the exclusive marketing rights it had secured for remdesivir.

The FDA approved it........it's been studied for a long time.........The CDC is always skeptical.......they don't like saying anything without a lot of experiments..............but when there is no time you must do what you have to do.

The REAL STORY HERE......is that the Dems and their Media got their panties in a wad because Trump was praising it...................

So IGNORANT are these TDS clowns that several Governors BANNED IT until they went OH SHIT OUR PEOPLE ARE DYING..............and lifted the Ban.

The Drug is WORKING.........It is fairly Cheap............and it has been used for a long long time now.

Is it working? I've still only seen the 2 small studies to indicate it works, and 1 small study that indicated it does not. I've read that it is being used in various places, but is there any actual data about its effectiveness in those places? Everything seems anecdotal at best, more often just rumor. I may not know the right places to find the information, though.
Many states are using it now..........I've heard stories on this board posting it is working........if it didn't work we'd hear the talking heads blaring it all over the news............

Your moron leader is on TV now bullshitting about these drugs.
So............From what I've heard they are working ........

Nobody in this world knows if they will work or if they won’t work. You’ve heard rumors.

Gilead has initiated two Phase 3 clinical studies to evaluate the safety and efficacy of remdesivir in adults diagnosed with COVID-19 following the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) rapid review and acceptance of Gilead’s investigational new drug (IND) filing. These randomized, open-label, multicenter studies began enrolling patients in March 2020 and will enroll a total of approximately 1,000 patients in the initial phase of the studies, in countries with high prevalence of COVID-19.

The first of two studies will evaluate the safety and efficacy of both a 5-day and a 10-day dosing duration of remdesivir, in addition to standard of care, for patients with severe manifestations of COVID-19. The second study will evaluate the safety and efficacy of the same dosing regimens of remdesivir in addition to standard of care for patients with moderate manifestations of COVID-19, compared with standard of care alone.

Other Trials

Health authorities in China have initiated two clinical trials in patients who have been infected with COVID-19 to determine the safety and efficacy of remdesivir as a potential treatment for the coronavirus. The two studies are being coordinated by the China-Japan Friendship Hospital and are being conducted at multiple sites in Hubei province. Gilead is providing study drug at no charge and provided input on study design and conduct.

I've followed this because UAB.......the University of Alabama Birmingham had been doing these studies for years.

Nobody in this world knows if they will work or if they won’t work. You’ve heard rumors.
They are doing the studies .......not in a lab..........but on patients who don't have much choice.

BTW.........Why the hell are you so dang UPSET about these DRUGS........I'll tell you why....TDS...........

While it's not the same Drug..........UAB has been studying these drugs before anyone even knew Trump was running for office.

University of Nebraska.............and pay particular to the ones being tested........Why you might ask.......they are testing only the ones in the final stages and in worst shape.......AKA ......THE ONES WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE.

Remdesivir, developed by Gilead Sciences Inc., is an investigational broad-spectrum antiviral treatment. It was previously tested in humans with Ebola virus disease and has shown promise in animal models for treating Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), which are caused by other coronaviruses.

Participants in the NIH-sponsored trial must have laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection and evidence of lung involvement, including rattling sounds when breathing (rales) with a need for supplemental oxygen or abnormal chest X-rays, or illness requiring mechanical ventilation. Individuals with confirmed infection who have mild, cold-like symptoms or no apparent symptoms will not be included in the study. In accordance with standard clinical research protocols, eligible patients will provide informed consent to participate in the trial.

Andre Kalil, M.D., professor of internal medicine at UNMC and an infectious diseases physician at Nebraska Medicine, is leading the trial at UNMC. Thirteen people repatriated by the U.S. State Department from the Diamond Princess cruise ship were transported to the National Quarantine Unit, located within the Training, Simulation and Quarantine Center on the UNMC/Nebraska Medicine campus in Omaha on February 17, 2020. The passengers were in a close setting where there had been significant spread of COVID-19 and were sent to the unit for continued isolation and possibly further care. The CDC has since reported that 11 people in the UNMC unit have confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection.

UNMC’s National Quarantine Unit is supported by the office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) at the Department of Health and Human Services. It has a 20-bed capacity and is in close proximity to the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit, should a higher level of care be needed. Clinical trial participants are cared for in the biocontainment unit.

“We thank the individuals for their participation in this trial, and we are pleased that the NIH has chosen UNMC/Nebraska Medicine as the site for this important work,” said Dr. Kalil. “Our expertise in treating highly infectious disease — as well as our capacity to conduct leading-edge clinical trials — will ensure that this trial is carried out in the most effective manner possible.”

Official Clinical Trial guidelines.

BTW.......I have shown these studies before on these boards........including UAB, and the University of Nebraska............and ALL I'VE HEARD IS NEGATIVE WAVES from the LEFT.

Get OVER YOUR DANG TDS.

ON MONDAY AFTERNOON, the Food and Drug Administration granted Gilead Sciences “orphan” drug status for its antiviral drug, remdesivir. The designation allows the pharmaceutical company to profit exclusively for seven years from the product, which is one of dozens being tested as a possible treatment for Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

The distinction could severely limit supply of remdesivir by granting Gilead Sciences exclusive protection over the drug and complete control of its price. Other pharmaceutical firms, including India-based pharmaceutical firm Cipla, are reportedly working toward a generic form of remdesivir, but patients in the U.S. could be prevented from buying generics with lower prices now that Gilead Sciences’s drug has been designated an orphan.

Gilead Sciences announced on March 25 that it had submitted a request to the Food and Drug Administration to rescind the exclusive marketing rights it had secured for remdesivir.

You're getting warmer Eagle.....

~S~

I think in a time of National Emergency he is being way tooooo cautious...

I'm starting to wonder if Fauci enjoys being the "hero" a little too much & doesn't want this crisis to end too quickly.

I'm not accusing him of it...just wondering at this point. He DOES seem a little too cautious!

I think his motive is most likely to be pereived as a science devotee whilst downplaying Trump's hope that the medicine might be very effective.

How does a world renowned immunologist “downplay” a moron’s “hope” regarding a medicine?

Why, by explaining the science. That’s how.

They are doing the studies .......not in a lab..........but on patients who don't have much choice.

BTW.........Why the hell are you so dang UPSET about these DRUGS........I'll tell you why....TDS...........

While it's not the same Drug..........UAB has been studying these drugs before anyone even knew Trump was running for office.

This novel coronavirus strain wasn't seen until recently. Obviously no one was studying the effects of any drugs on the SARS-CoV-2 virus before Trump ran for office.

I am not upset about the drug, idiot. I’m tired of Trombie morons giving that fucknut credit for doing something that he’s not doing.

These trials would have taken place without his fat face getting up there and taking credit. Now he’s got morons like you convinced that his political opponents don’t want the drugs to work.

Fuck off.

You should learn the difference between skeptical and cautious.

Fauci was lauding hydroxychloroquine's success against MERS, also a coronavirus, in laboratory petridish. Being an educated man, he knows there are differences between virus' that might make a treatment viable for one strain not so for another. Not wanting to give people false hope, he was cautious and told them the truth... which was refreshing.

I think in a time of National Emergency he is being way tooooo cautious.....at least all those folks dying in N.Y. should have been given the option of getting it.
What made you think they are not using plaquenil?

This novel coronavirus strain wasn't seen until recently. Obviously no one was studying the effects of any drugs on the SARS-CoV-2 virus before Trump ran for office.
Totally Hogwash.

You should learn the difference between skeptical and cautious.

Fauci was lauding hydroxychloroquine's success against MERS, also a coronavirus, in laboratory petridish. Being an educated man, he knows there are differences between virus' that might make a treatment viable for one strain not so for another. Not wanting to give people false hope, he was cautious and told them the truth... which was refreshing.

I think in a time of National Emergency he is being way tooooo cautious.....at least all those folks dying in N.Y. should have been given the option of getting it.
Thier deaths are on Coumo. It is his order that is preventing the drug from being used outside of studies.

Baloney.

It is another strain and they have been studying it since 2003

And why they have treatment options so quick.
SARS-CoV, which causes SARS, originated in horseshoe bats, but jumped to humans in South China in 2002, eventually infecting more than 8,000 people and killing almost 800 before it was quelled by lockdowns, quarantines and other measures.

SARS-CoV-2, a closely related coronavirus that causes COVID-19, first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in late 2019. Much more infectious than its viral cousin, it has led to a pandemic, causing far more cases of illness and fatalities than SARS. The development of a vaccine or even an effective treatment could significantly ameliorate the crisis.

The Wilson lab is known for its pioneering structural studies of antibodies bound to viruses including HIV and influenza. These studies have been used to inform designs of vaccines and antibody drugs, as well as other therapeutics. Along with hundreds of other labs around the world, Wilson's team is now focused on SARS-CoV-2.

"Our ultimate goal here is to obtain structural information on antibodies and their binding sites, and use that to guide SARS-CoV-2 vaccine design, just as our lab has done with influenza and HIV," says the study's co-first author Nicholas Wu, PhD, a postdoctoral research associate in the Wilson lab.

The new study centers on an anti-SARS-CoV antibody called CR3022 that was originally isolated in 2006 by the pharmaceutical company Crucell Holland B.V. in the Netherlands. A report from Chinese scientists earlier this year indicated that CR3022 cross-reacts against SARS-CoV-2. Wilson's team used their structural mapping expertise to determine how the antibody binds to SARS-CoV-2.

A key finding is that the antibody's binding site is highly similar between the two coronaviruses--differing by just four protein building blocks called amino-acids. That high degree of similarity implies that the site has an important function that would be lost if it mutated significantly.

You're getting warmer Eagle.....

~S~
It hit me right square in the face bro.............You are correct. Now we know what stock to buy.

I am not upset about the drug, idiot. I’m tired of Trombie morons giving that fucknut credit for doing something that he’s not doing.

These trials would have taken place without his fat face getting up there and taking credit. Now he’s got morons like you convinced that his political opponents don’t want the drugs to work.

Fuck off.
BS...........This is about TDS and you have it............You and even Governors are so unhinged that Trump was saying that this drug is saving lives that you hate a drug that is SHOWING GOOD PROMISE SO FAR...........

I just posted the other study that shows that ONLY..........I REPEAT ONLY........PEOPLE who are in LATE STAGES are in the study...........AKA ...........THEY ARE ABOUT TO DIE..................

What difference does it make at that point............when THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS..........

I've shown this data many times for over a month......once this began....including the UAB and University of Nebraska studies.

This is another strain of viruses they have studied for over a decade.

Forum List

Back