So What’s the Exit Strategy for This Virus Response?

How can the current POTUS do such a thing when he hasn't been straight up w/the American public from day 1?

The man has been lying to us for three years and change as POTUS, and 2 more years before that as a candidate.

He' incapable of this, totally unfit for the job.

I told you so.

IMO Trump needs to state the exit strategy now so the economy can begin planning on the recovery. Logically it should be on the downward slope of the bell curve of active cases. He just needs to pick a spot so we can all track it and look for the light at the end of the tunnel.
Financial ruin followed by death and then civil war.

The exit strategy involves Biden sitting in the Oval office as the titular head of state.

After that, we will hear no more of the corona virus.

How can the current POTUS do such a thing when he hasn't been straight up w/the American public from day 1?

The man has been lying to us for three years and change as POTUS, and 2 more years before that as a candidate.

I told you so.

OFFS ... give it a rest. Save something for the next five years.

bored-kids.jpg

IMO Trump needs to state the exit strategy now so the economy can begin planning on the recovery. Logically it should be on the downward slope of the bell curve of active cases. He just needs to pick a spot so we can all track it and look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Eighteen months since the initial outbreak...

No?

What is the plan?

No one really knows but there should be one and if Trump can not do it he need to step aside and let Nancy Pelosi show him how it is done...

Kidding about the Nancy Pelosi part ( Just wanted to get the Progressives going ) but he need a plan and one that is viable...

No?

What is the plan?

No one really knows but there should be one and if Trump can not do it he need to step aside and let Nancy Pelosi show him how it is done...

Kidding about the Nancy Pelosi part ( Just wanted to get the Progressives going ) but he need a plan and one that is viable...
You have 18 months of food and money in the bank to cover?

I told you so.
Trumps lying about the virus?
Take it to the conspiracy group, this thread is about restarting the economy.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. And I plan for the rain to stop falling at 8:45.

No?

What is the plan?

Personally I have no food in the bank.

this thread is about restarting the economy.

It never did turn on a dime, and the Gub'mit has rarely been any help

~S~
It sure halted on a dime.

They, the Gub'Mit did that

Not us, the capitalist entrepreneurs

They, along withe their sidearm SBA, NFIB, etc have never been of any use to a small biz

And yes, i was a member of both ludicrous facades in my past

Further, i was also involved in the last 'Gub'Mit shovel ready go around , hands down the most corruption i ever lived or want to live thru again

~S~

No?

What is the plan?

The Government will provide like a God...

No?

Well again Trump need a plan.

Maybe phases of opening like areas hardly hit by Covid first to slowly opening the moderate areas and then the hard hit areas like Mayor de Blasio great New York City when the curve has flatten like my sense of humor...

The president endorsed guidelines created by the CDC for dealing with the virus. State governors have used the guidelines to craft their orders or requests to the citizens of their state. In some cases the governors have followed the guidelines very closely. In other states, they mostly ignored them and still other states went well beyond the federal guidelines.

The exit strategy will follow the same route as the entrance strategy. The CDC or the president will announce a recommended criteria for governors to use in lifting restrictions. Each state will make their own decision based on their progress at controlling the virus. Don't expect all states to make the same moves at the same time. Hopefully the CDC will list activities that seem to have less impact on the spread of virus and those that have a higher impact in order to help the governors make decisions.

That's a damn good question OP!

Once an economy is shut down...it's damn near impossible to start up again. Everything is interdependent on each other.
This is not a normal recession in which there are a number of causes. Usually there are a lot of excesses in the economy that need time to work themselves out. Some being triggers but most being underlying factors. In this recession there is only one factor at this time, the virus. In 2008, there were at least a dozen causes of the recession and several triggers, There were multiple problems to be solved plus investors and the public had to believe that things were going to get better. Since the only real factor now needed to recover is for states to start loosening restrictions, jobs and consumption will increase. Even it takes months to bring business activity back to the way it was, as long as people believe that it's going to happen, the market will recover and the banks will make money available to businesses and consumption will increase.

Forum List

Back