Dr. Fauci cheered hydroxychloroquine success in 2013

And shit...........here we go again.

ON MONDAY AFTERNOON, the Food and Drug Administration granted Gilead Sciences “orphan” drug status for its antiviral drug, remdesivir. The designation allows the pharmaceutical company to profit exclusively for seven years from the product, which is one of dozens being tested as a possible treatment for Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

The distinction could severely limit supply of remdesivir by granting Gilead Sciences exclusive protection over the drug and complete control of its price. Other pharmaceutical firms, including India-based pharmaceutical firm Cipla, are reportedly working toward a generic form of remdesivir, but patients in the U.S. could be prevented from buying generics with lower prices now that Gilead Sciences’s drug has been designated an orphan.

Looks like they were forced to stop that ........Amazing.
Update: March 28, 2020
Gilead Sciences announced on March 25 that it had submitted a request to the Food and Drug Administration to rescind the exclusive marketing rights it had secured for remdesivir.

You're getting warmer Eagle.....

~S~
It hit me right square in the face bro.............You are correct. Now we know what stock to buy.
Yeah it sounds like a winner Eagle

a nobel award wining Dr Otto Warburg would appreciate the nod here

~S~

The FDA approved it........it's been studied for a long time.........The CDC is always skeptical.......they don't like saying anything without a lot of experiments..............but when there is no time you must do what you have to do.

The REAL STORY HERE......is that the Dems and their Media got their panties in a wad because Trump was praising it...................

So IGNORANT are these TDS clowns that several Governors BANNED IT until they went OH SHIT OUR PEOPLE ARE DYING..............and lifted the Ban.

The Drug is WORKING.........It is fairly Cheap............and it has been used for a long long time now.

Is it working? I've still only seen the 2 small studies to indicate it works, and 1 small study that indicated it does not. I've read that it is being used in various places, but is there any actual data about its effectiveness in those places? Everything seems anecdotal at best, more often just rumor. I may not know the right places to find the information, though.
Many states are using it now..........I've heard stories on this board posting it is working........if it didn't work we'd hear the talking heads blaring it all over the news............

The Media being silent on it is probably a very good indicator it works.

Your moron leader is on TV now bullshitting about these drugs.
So............From what I've heard they are working ........

Nobody in this world knows if they will work or if they won’t work. You’ve heard rumors.
They are doing the studies .......not in a lab..........but on patients who don't have much choice.

BTW.........Why the hell are you so dang UPSET about these DRUGS........I'll tell you why....TDS...........

While it's not the same Drug..........UAB has been studying these drugs before anyone even knew Trump was running for office.

This novel coronavirus strain wasn't seen until recently. Obviously no one was studying the effects of any drugs on the SARS-CoV-2 virus before Trump ran for office.
Totally Hogwash.

What's hogwash? That this strain of coronavirus was only first seen recently, or that researchers were not studying the effects of drugs on this strain before Trump ran for office, or both?

The FDA approved it........it's been studied for a long time.........The CDC is always skeptical.......they don't like saying anything without a lot of experiments..............but when there is no time you must do what you have to do.

The REAL STORY HERE......is that the Dems and their Media got their panties in a wad because Trump was praising it...................

So IGNORANT are these TDS clowns that several Governors BANNED IT until they went OH SHIT OUR PEOPLE ARE DYING..............and lifted the Ban.

The Drug is WORKING.........It is fairly Cheap............and it has been used for a long long time now.

Is it working? I've still only seen the 2 small studies to indicate it works, and 1 small study that indicated it does not. I've read that it is being used in various places, but is there any actual data about its effectiveness in those places? Everything seems anecdotal at best, more often just rumor. I may not know the right places to find the information, though.
Many states are using it now..........I've heard stories on this board posting it is working........if it didn't work we'd hear the talking heads blaring it all over the news............

Nobody in this world knows if they will work or if they won’t work. You’ve heard rumors.
They are doing the studies .......not in a lab..........but on patients who don't have much choice.

BTW.........Why the hell are you so dang UPSET about these DRUGS........I'll tell you why....TDS...........

While it's not the same Drug..........UAB has been studying these drugs before anyone even knew Trump was running for office.

I am not upset about the drug, idiot. I’m tired of Trombie morons giving that fucknut credit for doing something that he’s not doing.

These trials would have taken place without his fat face getting up there and taking credit. Now he’s got morons like you convinced that his political opponents don’t want the drugs to work.

Fuck off.
BS...........This is about TDS and you have it............You and even Governors are so unhinged that Trump was saying that this drug is saving lives that you hate a drug that is SHOWING GOOD PROMISE SO FAR...........

I just posted the other study that shows that ONLY..........I REPEAT ONLY........PEOPLE who are in LATE STAGES are in the study...........AKA ...........THEY ARE ABOUT TO DIE..................

What difference does it make at that point............when THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS..........

I've shown this data many times for over a month......once this began....including the UAB and University of Nebraska studies.

This is another strain of viruses they have studied for over a decade.

Did you hear what the president said about these drugs yesterday and today?

all those folks dying in N.Y. should have been given the option of getting it
Makes sense. Take thousands of doses of a drug that other people need, and give it to thousands of covid19 patients without knowing whether it’ll work on the virus, or just make them worse. You’re a graduate of Trump U, aren’t you?

I am not upset about the drug, idiot. I’m tired of Trombie morons giving that fucknut credit for doing something that he’s not doing.

These trials would have taken place without his fat face getting up there and taking credit. Now he’s got morons like you convinced that his political opponents don’t want the drugs to work.

Fuck off.
BS...........This is about TDS and you have it............You and even Governors are so unhinged that Trump was saying that this drug is saving lives that you hate a drug that is SHOWING GOOD PROMISE SO FAR...........

I just posted the other study that shows that ONLY..........I REPEAT ONLY........PEOPLE who are in LATE STAGES are in the study...........AKA ...........THEY ARE ABOUT TO DIE..................

What difference does it make at that point............when THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS..........

I've shown this data many times for over a month......once this began....including the UAB and University of Nebraska studies.

NOPE...........I've been going to the source. And I don't have TDS

This novel coronavirus strain wasn't seen until recently. Obviously no one was studying the effects of any drugs on the SARS-CoV-2 virus before Trump ran for office.
Baloney.

It is another strain and they have been studying it since 2003

And why they have treatment options so quick.
SARS-CoV, which causes SARS, originated in horseshoe bats, but jumped to humans in South China in 2002, eventually infecting more than 8,000 people and killing almost 800 before it was quelled by lockdowns, quarantines and other measures.

SARS-CoV-2, a closely related coronavirus that causes COVID-19, first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in late 2019. Much more infectious than its viral cousin, it has led to a pandemic, causing far more cases of illness and fatalities than SARS. The development of a vaccine or even an effective treatment could significantly ameliorate the crisis.

The Wilson lab is known for its pioneering structural studies of antibodies bound to viruses including HIV and influenza. These studies have been used to inform designs of vaccines and antibody drugs, as well as other therapeutics. Along with hundreds of other labs around the world, Wilson's team is now focused on SARS-CoV-2.

"Our ultimate goal here is to obtain structural information on antibodies and their binding sites, and use that to guide SARS-CoV-2 vaccine design, just as our lab has done with influenza and HIV," says the study's co-first author Nicholas Wu, PhD, a postdoctoral research associate in the Wilson lab.

The new study centers on an anti-SARS-CoV antibody called CR3022 that was originally isolated in 2006 by the pharmaceutical company Crucell Holland B.V. in the Netherlands. A report from Chinese scientists earlier this year indicated that CR3022 cross-reacts against SARS-CoV-2. Wilson's team used their structural mapping expertise to determine how the antibody binds to SARS-CoV-2.

A key finding is that the antibody's binding site is highly similar between the two coronaviruses--differing by just four protein building blocks called amino-acids. That high degree of similarity implies that the site has an important function that would be lost if it mutated significantly.

Oh, certainly people have studied the effects of these drugs before. The hydroxycholorquine, in particular, I've read has been in use for decades. I just pointed out that because the COVID-19 virus has only been seen recently, no one could be studying the effects of any drugs on it until now. Hopefully any drugs that have been effective against previous strains of coronavirus will also be effective against this one.

I got the impression you were trying to say that the effect of the drugs in question on the current virus had been studied prior to Trump running for office. Apologies if that was a mistake on my part.

Fuck off.

Well, the genius said that he believes that the drugs may be prophylactic. And that he is considering taking them himself as a preventative measure.

Is that a responsible thing for him to say to the American people given the current known facts?

Any democrat that wants this medication should have to beg for it in national tv and thank tucker Carlson and trump

No one with half a brain wants this medication before the trials are done, unless they're dying. This is a drug that can kill you or leave me permanently disabled. It has been an abyssmal failure at dealing with corona virus diseases, including SARS and MERS. You could end up blind and needing a kidney transplant.

Makes sense. Take thousands of doses of a drug that other people need, and give it to thousands of covid19 patients without knowing whether it’ll work on the virus, or just make them worse. You’re a graduate of Trump U, aren’t you?

That study says that might be a problem, but the drug manufacturers have said they can produce more. They already gave us doses of it.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) today accepted 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate donated by Sandoz, the Novartis generics and biosimilars division, and one million doses of chloroquine phosphate donated by Bayer Pharmaceuticals, for possible use in treating patients hospitalized with COVID-19 or for use in clinical trials. These and other companies may donate additional doses, and companies have ramped up production to provide additional supplies of the medication to the commercial market.

Fuck off.

Well, the genius said that he believes that the drugs may be prophylactic. And that he is considering taking them himself as a preventative measure.

Is that a responsible thing for him to say to the American people given the current known facts?
And you think he is such a genius that he came up with that all by himself........LOL

I just saw a study that was saying the same thing. but they were concerned with the supplies

BTW......has to be prescribed.

Let me clear up a few things for you morons.

1. They were not taking the drug from other people. It came from the national stockpile.

2. There have been over 3,900 positive actions with this drug being given to COVID-19 patients. Reducing time on ventilators to one day, reducing time of respiratory collapse to two days, and reducing shedding of viral infections to 5 days. There is massive (overwhelming) positive evidence for its use. The sooner it is given in the infection course the faster the recovery is of the patient.

3. This is a FDA approved drug for over 67 years with little or minor reactions. Its been used and safe.

4. The US military has used this drug for 64 years for troops being deployed to regions with malaria so it is on board every ship in the US fleet. Every ship in the Fleet is now going to use this drug prolifically. There is no down side to its use.

You people dont know shit about this drug. There is just one contraindication and that is for people with heart problems (bundle branch blocks requiring medications).

Last edited:

The results of preliminary lab tests have prompted scientists to propose that these drugs be used to treat patients with pneumonia caused by Covid-19 infection. This approach has already been included in Chinese guidelines on how best to manage the disease.

Various studies over the past decade have shown that antimalarial drugs can lessen the impact of viral infections, including Covid-19. And clinical trials are now under way to see whether these drugs might help ward off the disease altogether.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have been used to treat autoimmune disease, including rheumatic diseases, since the 1940s, and have proved safe and well tolerated in most cases, say the authors.

Side effects are generally mild to moderate, with serious complications, such as retinal and cardiac damage, rare and related to cumulative doses over a long period of time.

There is an ethical issue, however, as there is as yet no hard evidence from clinical trials that these drugs can prevent the spread of Covid-19, they point out.

This article shows the catch 22. The trials to see if it can stop the disease are already underway. However, since the trials aren't complete.......they aren't sure yet.

why-do-they-bb456765fe.jpg

Fuck off.

And you think he is such a genius that he came up with that all by himself........LOL

I just saw a study that was saying the same thing. but they were concerned with the supplies

I think he should shut the fuck up and let the scientists handle the drug development.

The drug is in the process of being stockpiled.....it could have at least been given to a couple of hundred of the patients in N.Y. who wanted it....or anyone else suffering from the chinese virus and in need of it and wanting it ....to see if it actually worked...so far not a whole lot of evidence that it does....quite a bit of evidence but more trials are needed....thus my contention that there should at least be trials of it by patients who need and want it.

I do not advocate taking it away from anyone who needs it...I presume you are talking about malaria patients.

Any democrat that wants this medication should have to beg for it in national tv and thank tucker Carlson and trump

No one with half a brain wants this medication before the trials are done, unless they're dying. This is a drug that can kill you or leave me permanently disabled. It has been an abyssmal failure at dealing with corona virus diseases, including SARS and MERS. You could end up blind and needing a kidney transplant.
And the very study I posted was EXACTLY THAT........They are going on to the ventilators as they get that one tested drug............aka.........they are about to die with NO MORE OPTIONS.

The people in N.Y were in dire need of it....what other people are you talking about....not even to mention they were not giving it to anyone.

The drug is in the process of being stockpiled.....it could have at least been given to a couple of hundred of the patients in N.Y. who wanted it....or anyone else suffering from the chinese virus and in need of it and wanting it ....to see if it actually worked...so far not a whole lot of evidence that it does....quite a bit of evidence but more trials are needed....thus my contention that there should at least be trials of it by patients who need and want it.

I do not advocate taking it away from anyone who needs it...I presume you are talking about malaria patients.

Fuck off.

I think he should shut the fuck up and let the scientists handle the drug development.

If Trump had not touted the drug the velopment of it would have been even slower than it is now......you are the one that needs to shut up.

Forum List

Back