Does it bother you that our media and tv programming in general is so hyperpartisan?

Are you dismayed at where our media & Hollywood are taking us?

• Yes

• No

• Somewhat

• I am starting to get concerned

• Get off my lawn!

• I haven't trusted our media for years

• You're seeing boogeymen where none exist

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
From CNN to Fox to The View to any random sitcom. They all have slanted views and have no problem wearing them on their sleeves.

Seeing the fiasco with Sharon Osbourne play out just makes me ill to my stomach. I don't watch the show but it's all over youtube. I feel like the BLM movement is doing significant damage to our nation and bringing us to a point where even the mention of skin color is suspect in so many people's eyes.

1. I have no idea if the queen is racist.
2. I have no idea if it's just a nasty family feud blown way out of proportion.
3. Quite frankly I don't see qhy any of us should care.

But now The Talk has been temporarily taken off the air. That reporter dude in Europe (Pierce?) is canceled to the point he's in hiding for publicly doubting Markel.

I mean how insane is this shit that all this shit is going down based on NOTHING. It's a he said vs she said with ZERO PROOF but we're not gonna left that stop us from wrecking people's lives now are we?

All of this garbage can be sourced back to ONE ENTITY. THE MEDIA and their insatiable desire for click bait revenue.

Are we tired of this shit yet?
Are we content to let their drive for maximum profits from outlandish reporting/punditry without proper PROOF to their stories sink our cultural standards so low that two women faking lesbian sex on prime time tv (grammys) is an acceptable standard?

I've written off the corporate white media since the Bush Ii Regime.

They've only gotten worse since then.

When did you finally come to this conclusion OP?

The person in question that made the racist comment about the child was not the Queen or her husband and the two making the claim refuse to even say who it was...

Also let understand the wife of Harry married a man that dressed as a Nazi, so she knew what she was marrying into and if not she is mentally off!

As for shows and being slanted, well not unusual and you should know media has been used for propaganda forever, so acting surprised about the slant is naive in my mind but hey whatever...

Media will push whatever agenda it corporate masters tell it to push and it is our choice to either accept it or not...

For me personally I have unplugged generally from regular TV and try not to watch much of anything... I prefer reading...

Anyhoo, with today propaganda from the idiot box I can understand your concern but in the end it has always been this way...

• Banned

I came to it slowly over time but in recent years it's been expedited by media I consume that normally never ventured into click baity bullshit is now consumed by it.
Like that Row dude from the Dirty Jobs tv show for instance. His programming was just good entertainment where you could disconnect from daily like and zone out for an hour or two. Now he's constantly on talking about social bullshit.
We used to be able to escape the social and political bullshit, now it's everywhere. And so much of it isn't based on anything more than speculation.

The person in question that made the racist comment about the child was not the Queen or her husband and the two making the claim refuse to even say who it was...

Also let understand the wife of Harry married a man that dressed as a Nazi, so she knew what she was marrying into and if not she is mentally off!

As for shows and being slanted, well not unusual and you should know media has been used for propaganda forever, so acting surprised about the slant is naive in my mind but hey whatever...

Media will push whatever agenda it corporate masters tell it to push and it is our choice to either accept it or not...

For me personally I have unplugged generally from regular TV and try not to watch much of anything... I prefer reading...

Anyhoo, with today propaganda from the idiot box I can understand your concern but in the end it has always been this way...

1. It was a costume. For a costume party.

2. It is not the corporate masters that is teh problem it is liberalism and it's insanely narrow minded nature.

It's a reflection of us. It gives us what we want.

Maybe that should tell us something.
There is some truth to this. Not sure why you got a thumbs down for it.
Having said that there are plenty of us that don't want it.
Sure. But the loudest voices always get the most attention.

The news, entertainment, politics - they are all a reflection of us. I wish we'd look at that.

From CNN to Fox to The View to any random sitcom. They all have slanted views and have no problem wearing them on their sleeves.

Seeing the fiasco with Sharon Osbourne play out just makes me ill to my stomach. I don't watch the show but it's all over youtube. I feel like the BLM movement is doing significant damage to our nation and bringing us to a point where even the mention of skin color is suspect in so many people's eyes.

1. I have no idea if the queen is racist.
2. I have no idea if it's just a nasty family feud blown way out of proportion.
3. Quite frankly I don't see qhy any of us should care.

But now The Talk has been temporarily taken off the air. That reporter dude in Europe (Pierce?) is canceled to the point he's in hiding for publicly doubting Markel.

I mean how insane is this shit that all this shit is going down based on NOTHING. It's a he said vs she said with ZERO PROOF but we're not gonna left that stop us from wrecking people's lives now are we?

All of this garbage can be sourced back to ONE ENTITY. THE MEDIA and their insatiable desire for click bait revenue.

Are we tired of this shit yet?
Are we content to let their drive for maximum profits from outlandish reporting/punditry without proper PROOF to their stories sink our cultural standards so low that two women faking lesbian sex on prime time tv (grammys) is an acceptable standard?

Of course, the perversion of American journalism by "liberal" "journalists" bothers me, so -- like many other people in this country --I have tuned out.

Except for a few minutes of headlines on FOX and my local radio news station, I no longer "follow" the news.

In fact, I keep up with what's happening by reading the thread titles here!

Pop culture is a reflection of Hollywood. They use it to push their ideas onto us. They do NOT give us what we want.

Star Wars fans didn't want Luke Skywalker to be a broken old man hiding on an island. They wanted a Jedi Knight kicking ass and taking names.

Sure. But the loudest voices always get the most attention.

The news, entertainment, politics - they are all a reflection of us. I wish we'd look at that.
Twitter has undue influence over our entertainment and media. The Carano situation shows this. Twitterites overwhelmingly wanted her fired yet new polls show 73% think her firing was unjustified.

Pop culture is a reflection of Hollywood. They use it to push their ideas onto us. They do NOT give us what we want.

Star Wars fans didn't want Luke Skywalker to be a broken old man hiding on an island. They wanted a Jedi Knight kicking ass and taking names.
True but if the consumers don't tune out then Hollywood will keep on keeping on.

1. It was a costume. For a costume party.

2. It is not the corporate masters that is teh problem it is liberalism and it's insanely narrow minded nature.

It is not Liberalism that is the issue but the DSA and Progressives you confuse as Liberals which they have never been...

As for Harry costume, well anyone with a lick of sense would know Royals were never going to accept his wife and if she believed that they would or should, well then as I have said she ain’t right in the head!

True but if the consumers don't tune out then Hollywood will keep on keeping on.

Even when the viewers do walk away, they keep doing it. Look at Batwoman or Dr. Who.

They are more motivated by their need to be seen by their lib peers as "Brave and daring" then making money.

And they generally make enough that the bean counters are satisfied, not realizing or caring that they are selling shit to people without real alternatives.

Our founders knew all about partisan media. They promoted it when they put the free press in the 1rst Amendment.

White? Have you ever watched tv? Or a movie?
At least most TV shows dont have a station called White Entertainment Television. Can you image the outrage by the progs about WET?(BET)..

I came to it slowly over time but in recent years it's been expedited by media I consume that normally never ventured into click baity bullshit is now consumed by it.
Like that Row dude from the Dirty Jobs tv show for instance. His programming was just good entertainment where you could disconnect from daily like and zone out for an hour or two. Now he's constantly on talking about social bullshit.
We used to be able to escape the social and political bullshit, now it's everywhere. And so much of it isn't based on anything more than speculation.
He's always been doing the same schtick. It's just that you weren't previously aware of it.

Forum List

Back