Does it bother you that our media and tv programming in general is so hyperpartisan?

Are you dismayed at where our media & Hollywood are taking us?

• Yes

• No

• Somewhat

• I am starting to get concerned

• Get off my lawn!

• I haven't trusted our media for years

• You're seeing boogeymen where none exist

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think his point was that blacks are disproportionately represented in modern media and he would be correct.
What makes them disproportionately represented?

Are you suggesting that we should have some sort of a quota, where only this much blacks on TV and no more?

Because that's the only thing that would make sense with your statement.

I came to it slowly over time but in recent years it's been expedited by media I consume that normally never ventured into click baity bullshit is now consumed by it.
Like that Row dude from the Dirty Jobs tv show for instance. His programming was just good entertainment where you could disconnect from daily like and zone out for an hour or two. Now he's constantly on talking about social bullshit.
We used to be able to escape the social and political bullshit, now it's everywhere. And so much of it isn't based on anything more than speculation.
He's always been doing the same schtick. It's just that you weren't previously aware of it.
I don't remember him ever getting political until they canceled Dirty Jobs.

That's because the cable news networks are giving what its viewers want. It's a reflection of our society.

People don't want information. They want affirmation.

People did not want to be lied to and told that the President said that nazis were very fine people.

That was the media reflection what THEY wanted to be true, not what the viewers wanted to hear.

I think his point was that blacks are disproportionately represented in modern media and he would be correct.

Are you suggesting that we should have some sort of a quota, where only this much blacks on TV and no more?

I think modern entertainment should strive to be an accurate representation of who we really are culturally rather than trying to push a social agenda. Yes, absolutely. Ask yourself why every other commercial is a black/white couple or gay couple and why Asians, Latinos, Europeans and other groups are not represented at all. Do you have none of those people in your community? Why are they not crying constantly to be represented? What's the basis for this lopsided representation?

I think modern entertainment should strive to be an accurate representation of who we really are culturally rather than trying to push a social agenda. Yes, absolutely. Ask yourself why every other commercial is a black/white couple or gay couple and why Asians, Latinos, Europeans and other groups are not represented at all. Do you have none of those people in your community? Why are they not crying constantly to be represented? What's the basis for this lopsided representation?
For most of its history hollywood and the TV operated on an apartheid basis and excluded minorities apart from a few token comedy stereotypes.

The first black woman to win an oscar got it for a stereotype role that reassured whitey that slavery was no big deal. Then the poor girl was not allowed in the theatre to collect the award. Priceless.

OJ was the first black personality to pick up an advertising contract and anybody watching 50s and 60S movies would be forgiven for thinking that the US was a white country. Where were you clowns protesting about that ?

Now you are upset because the world has moved on and you see mixed race or Gay roles on your TV. The thing is the world doesnt give a fuck apart from you and your angry old white men mates.

For most of its history hollywood and the TV operated on an apartheid basis and excluded minorities apart from a few token comedy stereotypes.

The first black woman to win an oscar got it for a stereotype role that reassured whitey that slavery was no big deal. Then the poor girl was not allowed in the theatre to collect the award. Priceless.

OJ was the first black personality to pick up an advertising contract and anybody watching 50s and 60S movies would be forgiven for thinking that the US was a white country. Where were you clowns protesting about that ?

Now you are upset because the world has moved on and you see mixed race or Gay roles on your TV. The thing is the world doesnt give a fuck apart from you and your angry old white men mates.

The 60s were 50 years ago. YOu are acting like it was last week.

And your pretense that this is us being unhappy over a little representation is you being dishonest.

From CNN to Fox to The View to any random sitcom. They all have slanted views and have no problem wearing them on their sleeves.

Seeing the fiasco with Sharon Osbourne play out just makes me ill to my stomach. I don't watch the show but it's all over youtube. I feel like the BLM movement is doing significant damage to our nation and bringing us to a point where even the mention of skin color is suspect in so many people's eyes.

1. I have no idea if the queen is racist.
2. I have no idea if it's just a nasty family feud blown way out of proportion.
3. Quite frankly I don't see qhy any of us should care.

But now The Talk has been temporarily taken off the air. That reporter dude in Europe (Pierce?) is canceled to the point he's in hiding for publicly doubting Markel.

I mean how insane is this shit that all this shit is going down based on NOTHING. It's a he said vs she said with ZERO PROOF but we're not gonna left that stop us from wrecking people's lives now are we?

All of this garbage can be sourced back to ONE ENTITY. THE MEDIA and their insatiable desire for click bait revenue.

Are we tired of this shit yet?
Are we content to let their drive for maximum profits from outlandish reporting/punditry without proper PROOF to their stories sink our cultural standards so low that two women faking lesbian sex on prime time tv (grammys) is an acceptable standard?

I had no idea The Talk was taken off the air, as I don't watch it. Ask me it became hyper partisan in 2009 when a dark skinned man became Potus.

Fox news has always been partisan.

BLM if fine, a lot of white people support them.

Megan and Harry need to get a grip and the world doesn't care about them, or their crap in Oprah's interview, the thought "cry me a river" when it comes to them.

From CNN to Fox to The View to any random sitcom. They all have slanted views and have no problem wearing them on their sleeves.

Seeing the fiasco with Sharon Osbourne play out just makes me ill to my stomach. I don't watch the show but it's all over youtube. I feel like the BLM movement is doing significant damage to our nation and bringing us to a point where even the mention of skin color is suspect in so many people's eyes.

1. I have no idea if the queen is racist.
2. I have no idea if it's just a nasty family feud blown way out of proportion.
3. Quite frankly I don't see qhy any of us should care.

But now The Talk has been temporarily taken off the air. That reporter dude in Europe (Pierce?) is canceled to the point he's in hiding for publicly doubting Markel.

I mean how insane is this shit that all this shit is going down based on NOTHING. It's a he said vs she said with ZERO PROOF but we're not gonna left that stop us from wrecking people's lives now are we?

All of this garbage can be sourced back to ONE ENTITY. THE MEDIA and their insatiable desire for click bait revenue.

Are we tired of this shit yet?
Are we content to let their drive for maximum profits from outlandish reporting/punditry without proper PROOF to their stories sink our cultural standards so low that two women faking lesbian sex on prime time tv (grammys) is an acceptable standard?
/——/ To the libtard who says Newsmax posts fake stories: Audio call between President Trump and Ga. elections official reveals MSM misquoted the 45th President
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:40 PM PT – Monday, March 15, 2021

The Washington Post backtracked after they were caught fabricating a direct quote from President Trump.

The Post quietly released an official correction late last week, after audio of President Trump speaking with the Georgia Secretary of State’s chief investigator Frances Watson was released to the public.
379CBB77-DB46-4E0D-A130-D0197F1D1782.jpeg

We'll said. Very well said.

BLM if fine, a lot of white people support them
Does that make the KKK fine since a lot of white people support them? And does that mean black support is meaningless or that you just think it's irrelevant?

Do you even think through your posts?

I mean its just not blacks that support BLM and the KKK is full of white supremacists aka anarchists which storm the capital on Jan 6th.

BLM if fine, a lot of white people support them
Does that make the KKK fine since a lot of white people support them? And does that mean black support is meaningless or that you just think it's irrelevant?

Do you even think through your posts?

I mean its just not black that support BLM and the KKK is full of white supremacists, which storm the capital on Jan 6th.

Grandpa made a serious counter point to you.

You responded with wace baiting shit.

Forum List

Back