Does it bother you that our media and tv programming in general is so hyperpartisan?

Are you dismayed at where our media & Hollywood are taking us?

• Yes

• No

• Somewhat

• I am starting to get concerned

• Get off my lawn!

• I haven't trusted our media for years

• You're seeing boogeymen where none exist

Results are only viewable after voting.
White? Have you ever watched tv? Or a movie?
Apparently, you haven't.
I think his point was that blacks are disproportionately represented in modern media and he would be correct.

Proof that blacks are moving on up in the USA.
Dey dun been sneaking up behind us fo years
As well they should be.
Right because how can they steal you blind if you sees dem comin right looneytunes??

That's because the cable news networks are giving what its viewers want. It's a reflection of our society.

People don't want information. They want affirmation.

People did not want to be lied to and told that the President said that nazis were very fine people.

That was the media reflection what THEY wanted to be true, not what the viewers wanted to hear.

You act like your right wing echo chamber isn’t “the media.”

It is.

And that’s why you and millions of others believe the Big Lie about the election being stolen.

Your media told you what you wanted to believe, because you really, really, really wanted to believe it.

You just have to look at the reaction to Fox News after they called the election for Biden. You Trump worshippers went batshit crazy.

That's because the cable news networks are giving what its viewers want. It's a reflection of our society.

People did not want to be lied to and told that the President said that nazis were very fine people.

That was the media reflection what THEY wanted to be true, not what the viewers wanted to hear.

It is.

And that’s why you and millions of others believe the Big Lie about the election being stolen.

Your media told you what you wanted to believe, because you really, really, really wanted to believe it.

You just have to look at the reaction to Fox News after they called the election for Biden.
CO2 sickness again libber.....our media didn't tell us anything, our common sense did. Its your hapless liberal propaganda coupled with your oxygen displacement that has you all confused.

It is.

You just have to look at the reaction to Fox News after they called the election for Biden. You Trump worshippers went batshit crazy.

The much smaller and much less powerful rightwing media, might have similar issues. But they are much less problematic because they are so much less impactful.

Any possible solutions or ideas we come up with with regard to Hollywood and MSM/ect, could apply to them, too.

My point stands. This is not about Hollywood telling us what we want to hear, because if it was, they would not have told us that the President said that "nazis are very fine people".

That was them telling us what they wanted us to believe, to control us.

From CNN to Fox to The View to any random sitcom. They all have slanted views and have no problem wearing them on their sleeves.

Seeing the fiasco with Sharon Osbourne play out just makes me ill to my stomach. I don't watch the show but it's all over youtube. I feel like the BLM movement is doing significant damage to our nation and bringing us to a point where even the mention of skin color is suspect in so many people's eyes.

1. I have no idea if the queen is racist.
2. I have no idea if it's just a nasty family feud blown way out of proportion.
3. Quite frankly I don't see qhy any of us should care.

But now The Talk has been temporarily taken off the air. That reporter dude in Europe (Pierce?) is canceled to the point he's in hiding for publicly doubting Markel.

I mean how insane is this shit that all this shit is going down based on NOTHING. It's a he said vs she said with ZERO PROOF but we're not gonna left that stop us from wrecking people's lives now are we?

All of this garbage can be sourced back to ONE ENTITY. THE MEDIA and their insatiable desire for click bait revenue.

Are we tired of this shit yet?
Are we content to let their drive for maximum profits from outlandish reporting/punditry without proper PROOF to their stories sink our cultural standards so low that two women faking lesbian sex on prime time tv (grammys) is an acceptable standard?

They do have slanted views. Ben Bagdikian was one of the first people that talked about the lack of independent media sources. He was required reading for journalists. When he started writing, his examples would include something like a barge company that was a subsidiary of ABC that was moving radioactive waste across an ocean and has an accident is not going to be a story on ABC. Of course now all of the subsidiaries are additional media corporations. However, the guy that sits on the board over here may also sit on the board of a hospital over there and all news regarding medical care or medicine will be slanted to what is in that corporations best financial interest. On top of that there has also been corporate sponsored movies where the people at the top were sending down how they wanted the masses to behave. Both of those are not unusual. I am not ok with that. I also can't control it.

I am furious that it has become acceptable that opinion is considered fact with the people that I interact with. Regular folk have become ok with someone else telling people not just what to think but how to think. They don't even question it. I am equally furious that we have a new group of the elite squad that assumes that we as a society need for them to dictate what we should value, what interpretation is valid etc. in our entertainment. I can't believe people buy into it

Last edited:
From CNN to Fox to The View to any random sitcom. They all have slanted views and have no problem wearing them on their sleeves.

Seeing the fiasco with Sharon Osbourne play out just makes me ill to my stomach. I don't watch the show but it's all over youtube. I feel like the BLM movement is doing significant damage to our nation and bringing us to a point where even the mention of skin color is suspect in so many people's eyes.

1. I have no idea if the queen is racist.
2. I have no idea if it's just a nasty family feud blown way out of proportion.
3. Quite frankly I don't see qhy any of us should care.

But now The Talk has been temporarily taken off the air. That reporter dude in Europe (Pierce?) is canceled to the point he's in hiding for publicly doubting Markel.

I mean how insane is this shit that all this shit is going down based on NOTHING. It's a he said vs she said with ZERO PROOF but we're not gonna left that stop us from wrecking people's lives now are we?

All of this garbage can be sourced back to ONE ENTITY. THE MEDIA and their insatiable desire for click bait revenue.

Are we tired of this shit yet?
Are we content to let their drive for maximum profits from outlandish reporting/punditry without proper PROOF to their stories sink our cultural standards so low that two women faking lesbian sex on prime time tv (grammys) is an acceptable standard?

Objectivity in media is dead---more like I should say it never existed to begin with. Yet some insist on assimilating such slanted views as fact, and it shows.

I've written off the corporate white media since the Bush Ii Regime.

They've only gotten worse since then.

When did you finally come to this conclusion OP?

You discredited the media because it didn't express your political views in lockstep. I can say with confidence that your distrust isn't borne of true concern over the hyperpartisanship of our media.

Be honest, Marc.

The person in question that made the racist comment about the child was not the Queen or her husband and the two making the claim refuse to even say who it was...

Also let understand the wife of Harry married a man that dressed as a Nazi, so she knew what she was marrying into and if not she is mentally off!

As for shows and being slanted, well not unusual and you should know media has been used for propaganda forever, so acting surprised about the slant is naive in my mind but hey whatever...

Media will push whatever agenda it corporate masters tell it to push and it is our choice to either accept it or not...

For me personally I have unplugged generally from regular TV and try not to watch much of anything... I prefer reading...

Anyhoo, with today propaganda from the idiot box I can understand your concern but in the end it has always been this way...
Bullshit! Men need heroes. Men need role models. Many media, entertainers and sports people have abdicated from that. Promoting equity based on everything but being the best. And to do that making modern slaves out of white males for most things and all other males compared to females. Promoting most females equity based over all males with white, brown and black females sharing the spotlight with aggravation within. Most TV programs have propaganda in it. Promoting feminism, sexuality, and pushing of racial characters. The United States of America is becoming a Warner Brothers/Looney Tunes Cartoon Show. Most males in the military in a fight with best in physical shape females in the military beat shit out of them in programmed scrums. We have spent a lot of our national wealth in everything to prove different.

Apparently, you haven't.
I think his point was that blacks are disproportionately represented in modern media and he would be correct.
The black population is about 14%, so no, because if you really want to lose money then only show black commercials and tv shows....

According to the 2018 United States Census estimates, the United States population is approximately 14.6% black or African American, which equals 47.8 million people. The black-only population is 13.4%.
Black Population by State 2021
worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/black-population-by-state

What makes them disproportionately represented?

Are you suggesting that we should have some sort of a quota, where only this much blacks on TV and no more?

Because that's the only thing that would make sense with your statement.
I think modern entertainment should strive to be an accurate representation of who we really are culturally rather than trying to push a social agenda. Yes, absolutely. Ask yourself why every other commercial is a black/white couple or gay couple and why Asians, Latinos, Europeans and other groups are not represented at all. Do you have none of those people in your community? Why are they not crying constantly to be represented? What's the basis for this lopsided representation?
For most of its history hollywood and the TV operated on an apartheid basis and excluded minorities apart from a few token comedy stereotypes.

The first black woman to win an oscar got it for a stereotype role that reassured whitey that slavery was no big deal. Then the poor girl was not allowed in the theatre to collect the award. Priceless.

OJ was the first black personality to pick up an advertising contract and anybody watching 50s and 60S movies would be forgiven for thinking that the US was a white country. Where were you clowns protesting about that ?

Now you are upset because the world has moved on and you see mixed race or Gay roles on your TV. The thing is the world doesnt give a fuck apart from you and your angry old white men mates.
yeah, putting Gays on tv, really helps with the Insanity part of the population, you should know right TT. You Muslim lover.

liberals-defend-islam.jpg

Apparently, you haven't.
The black population is about 14%, so no, because if you really want to lose money then only show black commercials and tv shows....

According to the 2018 United States Census estimates, the United States population is approximately 14.6% black or African American, which equals 47.8 million people. The black-only population is 13.4%.
Black Population by State 2021
worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/black-population-by-state

Forum List

Back