Does Anybody On Here Actually Celebrate Valentine's Day?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I do to a point, but I don't think you have to go all extravagant to let your significant other know that you love them. Especially only one day a year. A nice card and a special dinner and some roses is enough for me,.. maybe even a box of chocolates. It means more to me than Saint Patrick's Day, (although I love the true meaning behind it of how Saint Patrick helped lead the Irish to Christ) even though I'm Irish and I love Celtic music, but I don't find it to be one of the more important holidays. Although, Saint Valentine had guts to continue to marry people and wound up getting beheaded because of it.

I do to a point, but I don't think you have to go all extravagant to let your significant other know that you love them. Especially only one day a year. A nice card and a special dinner and some roses is enough for me,.. maybe even a box of chocolates. It means more to me than Saint Patrick's Day, (although I love the true meaning behind it of how Saint Patrick helped lead the Irish to Christ) even though I'm Irish and I love Celtic music, but I don't find it to be one of the more important holidays. Although, Saint Valentine had guts to continue to marry people and wound up getting beheaded because of it.
I don't celebrate it, but my wife does, so I do the card, a rose and the dinner also.

i loved it in elementary school everyone passed out valentines cards and candy the teachers would bring soft drinks and let us listen to rock records it was a wonderful time i will always be grateful i went to a wonderful school in rural tennessee and everyone loved a chance to celebrate what a beautiful time to be a kid and after school the three stooges came on followed by a tarzan shirley temple or monster movie no confusion then just lots of family and love and fun tv and sports

I don't know to what extent my wife wants to be pampered on Valentine's Day, and not wanting to end up like Willie Nelson did once, waking up sown into a sheet and a pissed off crazy woman beating on my feet with a broom handle, I make a big deal out of it.

Only idiots and newly married dumbasses will take their wives' word for it when they say 'its no big deal honey! Don't make a big fuss over lil ole me!!!'

Last edited:
  • Banned
Only idiots and newly married dumbasses will take their wives' word for it when they say 'its no big deal honey! Don't make a big fuss over lil ole me!!!'

Lol but I already know that my man loves me. Sure I want attention from him, but he doesn't have to buy my love or anything like that because love comes from the heart. :)

Not since hubby died. He was a fun guy who used to love making sweet handmade cards and there was always one next to the coffeepot on the morning of VD. Then I'd cook his favorite dinner.

• Banned
Not since hubby died. He was a fun guy who used to love making sweet handmade cards and there was always one next to the coffeepot on the morning of VD. Then I'd cook his favorite dinner.

That sounds nice, at least you have those memories of him. Gifts from the heart are what truly matter anyways. :)

Because she never re-married after divorcing my dad, I treat my mom to the restaurant of her choice. I get her a gift every year too.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

God bless you all. :)

No boyfriend huh?

If you really want to let your significant other know you love them ...
Do everything on a day when they have no reason to expect it.

That may actually mean something special ... :thup:

You're such a sweetheart. :)
Thank you. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My Valentine's Day is going to start two days early on Saturday the 12th because my church is going to be doing a spaghetti dinner. We didn't get to do it last year because of the pandemic. Spaghetti is one of my favorite foods. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back