Does Anybody Believe the Universities' Line About So-Called "American Imperialism' ?

Obviously your ignorance of your country's history is boundless.
AND
You think we should take over Afghanistanso that, when the opportunity presents, we can take over Pakistan we can take over Pakistan
But you don't believe in American Imperialism?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not really take over Afghanistan, but just have troops there, so that when the necessity arises, we can go into Pakistan to secure the warheads.

The Pentagon s Secret Plans to Secure Pakistan s Nuclear Arsenal - NationalJournal.com

Of course it's not imperialism. It is the same thing as all US troop deployments since 9/11 - self-defense, but you're too brainwashed by leftist media to comprehend it.

As noted,
You think the US should take over Afghanistan so that, when the opportunity presents, the US can take over Pakistan.
Imperialists ALWAYS have great rationalizations for their actions.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
I never said the US should "take over" Afghanistan. YOU said that.
I never said the US should "take over" Pakistan. YOU said that.
All this has nothing to do with imperialism. Ho hum Yawn****

All ARE American Imperialism.
BUUUUUT
Since you don't believe in American Imperialism
THEM
Why would you "see" imperialism?
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
See the definition of imperialism , and note that the US has never been interested in any resources of Afghanistan or Iraq. God, you are brainwashed.

I just saw an episode on Newsmax where a reporter was asking college students if they believe there is American imperialism. If the students answered yes (most did), they were asked to sign a petition to stop it. Quite a few signed the petition.

After signing, the students (apparently victims of heavy indoctrination) were asked to provide an example of where "American imperialism" is going on. now, or over the past 20 years. None were able to respond with a single location.

I wish I would have been that reporter. I would have asked the kids if they knew of the USA being a VICTIM of imperialism. I would have also asked them to provide a definition of "imperialism".

Here are 2 definitions >>

I would have loved to tell these brainwashed students that the US is the #1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today, and has been for the last 20 years, by the way 21st century imperialism is conducted (migrant remittances).

You are terribly uninformed. The US empire has been an imperialist force for many decades. Those kids know way more than you do.

Could you
Obviously your ignorance of your country's history is boundless.
AND
You think we should take over Afghanistanso that, when the opportunity presents, we can take over Pakistan we can take over Pakistan
But you don't believe in American Imperialism?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not really take over Afghanistan, but just have troops there, so that when the necessity arises, we can go into Pakistan to secure the warheads.

The Pentagon s Secret Plans to Secure Pakistan s Nuclear Arsenal - NationalJournal.com

Of course it's not imperialism. It is the same thing as all US troop deployments since 9/11 - self-defense, but you're too brainwashed by leftist media to comprehend it.
Imperialism
a policy of extending a country's power and influence through use of military force, or other means.

So having troops in Afganistan is Imperialism, if you have them there to possibly invade Pakistan that is also Imperialism...

I am sorry but this is not the first time or last probably where people on this forum try to rewrite the dictionary to suit there agenda...

Imperialism
a policy of extending a country's power and influence through use of military force, or other means.
So having troops in Afganistan is Imperialism, if you have them there to possibly invade Pakistan that is also Imperialism...
I am sorry but this is not the first time or last probably where people on this forum try to rewrite the dictionary to suit there agenda...
And you can rewrite it all you like, but this thread is over 300 posts long, and long before you got here, your insufficient definition was refuted (in the OP and afterwards). Your definition lacks something very important about imperialism. >>Resources. Imperialism is the movement of a country's people into another country, and by some means, taking that country's wealth/resources.

In Afghanistan, 1) no resources are being taken, same with Iraq and Pakistan, and
2) in all 3 cases, the objective is self-defense of the USA, not
"extending power and influence". So you are just dead wrong, Cowboy.

You are terribly uninformed. The US empire has been an imperialist force for many decades. Those kids know way more than you do.
YOU are not only terribly uninformed, but you are terribly MISinformed (brainwashed) by the typical hate-America, leftist, propaganda line, that I abandoned years ago, when I stopped being a Democrat. Those kids know nothing, and they are just as brainwashed as you are. You are also OFF TOPIC, in that the Universities line that I refer to in the title of the OP, concerns America NOW, not "for many decades"

The US might have been an imperialist force in, say, Vietnam (which I protested vigorously against), but this thread is a different subject matter - it is current events, not history. If you wish to talk about US history, you are free to start your own thread.

Last edited:
Since so many people in this thread seem to have trouble matching up with the topic which refers to 2021, not decades in the past, and the definition of imperialism, here is an excellent definition (bold print my emphasis) >>>

IMPERIALISM - the policy & practice of forming and maintaining an empire, in seeking to control raw materials and world markets, by the conquest of other countries, the establishment of colonies, etc. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th edition)

Even if the US had not been in Afghanistan, with the consent of Afghan officials, it still would not be imperialism, because the motive was not resources, wealth, or conquest of Afghanistan. As all cases, since 2001, the motive was/is self-defense from al Qaeda and the world jihad.

In World War 2 the US entered Germany, without the consent of the German government. Was that imperialism. Of course not. It was self-defense. Fundamentally, Afghanistan is similar.

YOU are not only terribly uninformed, but you are terribly MISinformed (brainwashed) by the typical hate-America, leftist, propaganda line, that I abandoned years ago, when I stopped being a Democrat. Those kids know nothing, and they are just as brainwashed as you are. You are also OFF TOPIC, in that the Universities line that I refer to in the title of the OP, concerns America NOW, not "for many decades"

The US might have been an imperialist force in, say, Vietnam (which I protested vigorously against), but this thread is a different subject matter - it is current events, not history. If you wish to talk about US history, you are free to start your own thread.
WOW! Where have you been the last 20 years?

No nation has invaded more nations, threatened more nations, and committed regime change in more nations than the US. The US is an empire and not a nice one.

I don’t know how you can think as you do. It’s delusional.

PS. I’ve never been a Democrat but I used to be a conservative who always voted R, then I got informed. You too can get informed.

Since so many people in this thread seem to have trouble matching up with the topic which refers to 2021, not decades in the past, and the definition of imperialism, here is an excellent definition (bold print my emphasis) >>>

IMPERIALISM - the policy & practice of forming and maintaining an empire, in seeking to control raw materials and world markets, by the conquest of other countries, the establishment of colonies, etc. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th edition)

Even if the US had not been in Afghanistan, with the consent of Afghan officials, it still would not be imperialism, because the motive was not resources, wealth, or conquest of Afghanistan. As all cases, since 2001, the motive was/is self-defense from al Qaeda and the world jihad.

In World War 2 the US entered Germany, without the consent of the German government. Was that imperialism. Of course not. It was self-defense. Fundamentally, Afghanistan is similar.
That’s really fucked up.

You post this shit on the day when old Joe does air strikes on Syria and Iran, claiming self defense. Lol.

Americans: healthcare please
Biden: Sorry did you say airstrikes on Iraq and Syria?
Americans: no, healthcare
Biden: Alright, you drive a hard bargain, but here are your airstrikes on Iraq and Syria.

You’re good with it.

What? No comment.

US Provides Military Assistance to 73 Percent of World’s Dictatorships​

For decades, the American people have been repeatedly told by their government and corporate-run media that acts of war ordered by their president have been largely motivated by the need to counter acts of aggression or oppression by “evil dictators.” We were told we had to invade Iraq because Saddam Hussein was an evil dictator. We had to bomb Libya because Muammar Gaddafi was an evil dictator, bent on unleashing a “bloodbath” on his own people. Today, of course, we are told that we should support insurgents in Syria because Bashar al-Assad is an evil dictator, and we must repeatedly rattle our sabers at North Korea’s Kim Jong-un and Russia’s Vladimir Putin because they, too, are evil dictators.
US Provides Military Assistance to 73 Percent of World's Dictatorships

No nation has invaded more nations, threatened more nations, and committed regime change in more nations than the US. The US is an empire and not a nice one.

PS. I’ve never been a Democrat but I used to be a conservative who always voted R, then I got informed. You too can get informed.
You made statements. You did not back up a single one. And earlier in this thread, other posters mentioned countries where they thought there had been American imperialism in the past 20 years. All were refuted.

You post this shit on the day when old Joe does air strikes on Syria and Iran, claiming self defense. Lol.

Biden: Alright, you drive a hard bargain, but here are your airstrikes on Iraq and Syria.

You’re good with it.
I haven't seen the news about airstrikes today. And you haven't posted anything specific about them.

What? No comment.

For decades, the American people have been repeatedly told by their government and corporate-run media that acts of war ordered by their president have been largely motivated by the need to counter acts of aggression or oppression by “evil dictators.” We were told we had to invade Iraq because Saddam Hussein was an evil dictator. We had to bomb Libya because Muammar Gaddafi was an evil dictator, bent on unleashing a “bloodbath” on his own people. Today, of course, we are told that we should support insurgents in Syria because Bashar al-Assad is an evil dictator, and we must repeatedly rattle our sabers at North Korea’s Kim Jong-un and Russia’s Vladimir Putin because they, too, are evil dictators.
First of all, here is Media Bias/Fact Check's description of truthout bias >>

1624918477519.png

That being established, the truthout link starts out with a wrong premise to begin with. It says we all have been told acts of war ordered by their president have been largely motivated by the need to counter acts of aggression or oppression by “evil dictators.”

No. I haven't been told that. Not the evil dictator part. I've already noted why the US has sent military abroad, and it's not because of "evil dictators"

There are a number of reasons for the US to have military bases overseas, all having nothing whatsoever to do with imperialism. Just to name a few >>

1. Protection for allied countries. (ex. Japan has no military at all. US military IS the Japanese military)
2. Military training supplied to allied countries.
3. Prevention of hostilities from previous wartime enemies (ex. still has bases inn Germany and Japan) Pro-American post-war govts have generally welcomed the bases, as economically beneficial.
4. Financial arrangements (ex. some countries buy US military equipment)
5. Host country wished to improve diplomatic relations, so they ask for the base to be there.
6. Other countries would also have overseas bases, but they cannot afford it.

Providing military assistance is not imperialism. Imperialism is sending large numbers of people into another country, and as a result, extracting significant amounts of that country's wealth. Examples can be seen in Post # 61 of which the US is VICTIM of that imperialism, and in fact, the US is the #1 VICTIM of it in the world, and by a wide margin.

Last edited:
What? No comment.

First of all, here is Media Bias/Fact Check's description of truthout bias >>

View attachment 506656

That being established, the truthout link starts out with a wrong premise to begin with. It says we all have been told acts of war ordered by their president have been largely motivated by the need to counter acts of aggression or oppression by “evil dictators.”

No. I haven't been told that. Not the evil dictator part. I've already noted why the US has sent military abroad, and it's not because of "evil dictators"

There are a number of reasons for the US to have military bases overseas, all having nothing whatsoever to do with imperialism. Just to name a few >>

1. Protection for allied countries. (ex. Japan has no military at all. US military IS the Japanese military)
2. Military training supplied to allied countries.
3. Prevention of hostilities from previous wartime enemies (ex. still has bases inn Germany and Japan) Pro-American post-war govts have generally welcomed the bases, as economically beneficial.
4. Financial arrangements (ex. some countries buy US military equipment)
5. Host country wished to improve diplomatic relations, so they ask for the base to be there.
6. Other countries would also have overseas bases, but they cannot afford it.

Providing military assistance is not imperialism. Imperialism is sending large numbers of people into another country, and as a result, extracting significant amounts of that country's wealth. Examples can be seen in Post # 61 of which the US is VICTIM of that imperialism, and in fact, the US is the #1 VICTIM of it in the world, and by a wide margin.

You need to read the history of empires and how they die. We’re watching the US empire die before our eyes, exactly as previous warlike imperialist empires have died.

You’re good with it.
I haven't seen the news about airstrikes today. And you haven't posted anything specific about them.
Sure.

You made statements. You did not back up a single one. And earlier in this thread, other posters mentioned countries where they thought there had been American imperialism in the past 20 years. All were refuted.
If you dispute the points made in that post you’re terribly uninformed, just as stated in my first post. You’ve deluded yourself.

Forum List

Back