Dodge Unveils New Electric Muscle-Car to Replace Challenger, Charger

I can't wait to hear how this is a threat to baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and everything we hold dear.

Baseball fell to steroids ... hot dogs give you cancer ... apple pie makes you fat.

On the other hand, what good things in life DON'T have a price?

siQe5Xmw-1-e1605537920690.jpg

I like the noise

It appears there is a race series call Formula EV or something like that

They appear very fast and are sure to improve the breed

But will never be quite the same as the real thing

It's Formula E, they are slower, and the cars can only go one third the distance of the F1 big brother.

And we pay registration fees, gasoline taxes, tolls, and income taxes to pay for them.

And, to be fair, The Romans built roads and bridges 2,000 years before the invention of the car.

But the carriage builders did not grow rich off of those roads and bridges

Without Government investment in infrastructure, those horseless carriages would be expensive toys

Without Government investment in infrastructure, those horseless carriages would be expensive toys

Then let's be fair. If government-built (actually taxpayer built) infrastructure was put in place primarily as a windfall for the automotive industry, then it benefits the electric car industry equally with those that produce ICE.

Roads are agnostic, they don't care who uses them.

amish.png

Then let's be fair. If government-built (actually taxpayer built) infrastructure was put in place primarily as a windfall for the automotive industry, then it benefits the electric car industry equally with those that produce ICE.

Roads are agnostic, they don't care who uses them.

View attachment 686853
The question was…..Did Government help gasoline powered vehicle manufacturers

They did

Otherwise, we could have told car manufacturers to build their own damned roads

There are many reasons governments like to build roads. The Persians, Chinese, Romans, Greeks, Incas all built roads to expand their empires (with taxes on the new lands) and encourage trade (that can be taxes), and move their armies around (to make sure people pay those taxes).

America was building roads, bridges, even huge canals, long before the automobile was even conceived.

There are many reasons governments like to build roads. The Persians, Chinese, Romans, Greeks, Incas all built roads to expand their empires (with taxes on the new lands) and encourage trade (that can be taxes), and move their armies around (to make sure people pay those taxes).

America was building roads, bridges, even huge canals, long before the automobile was even conceived.
These roads?

1661430074653.jpeg

No, EV's are fast all the way up to over 120. A Tesla will out drag a Ferrari. Where they fall apart is in endurance. A Ferrari can be driven cross country non stop. The EV can't.

I only have a humble Ionic. It walks away from Chargers and Mustangs, but at about 70 they catch up - then I can't keep up after that.

The question was…..Did Government help gasoline powered vehicle manufacturers

They did

Otherwise, we could have told car manufacturers to build their own damned roads

I've got to say, given your history of utter stupidity - you've outdone your own stupid here.

You've reached an new pinnacle of idiocy.

If stupidity were painting - you'd be Hunter Biden...

All of the roads and bridges helped EVERYONE for thousands of years.

There was no special government help for car makers.

All of the roads and bridges helped EVERYONE for thousands of years.

There was no special government help for car makers.
Volkswagen? Lada? Volga? Zil? $51 billion to GM under TARP? Emergency loans twice to Chrysler. Subsidies for hybrid and EV cars. I see all manner of help.

Forum List

Back