So Biden wants 500,000 chargers... how long does it take to charge an EV car?

So you drive 340 miles and stop for lunch.

Problem solved
Have you never traveled before? Everyone on the interstate would be doing the same thing you're thinking of. What happens when you are the 3rd-4th in car in line to get a charger? Unfortunately, the EV tech isnt nearly on par with what is required for average citizens to maintain their current lifestyle. Only if you're willing to make significant sacrifice somewhere does it work.

So? 99% of that land is still used for farming.

Wind turbines are great for electric cars. They can produce tons of energy overnight when people otherwise use very little electricity.
Would that be in deplorable country? The love is felt. I would not blame them one iota if they forestall these behemoth white elephants on their turf. Protests that appeared to be riots destroying infrastructure would be understood if it happened. Most likely it would not.

Would that be in deplorable country? The love is felt. I would not blame them one iota if they forestall these behemoth white elephants on their turf. Protests that appeared to be riots destroying infrastructure would be understood if it happened. Most likely it would not.
1680974255580.jpeg

Disgusting!

1680974227736.jpeg

That’s better!

What’s the energy storage for? The energy storage is the car battery.

Your math is absolutely abysmal.

Your assumptions are just so stupid. $12,000 per acre? Insane. Windmills don’t take all 80 acres, they just need to be spaces apart up ti that much. 99% of the land is still used for farming and doesn’t need to be rented. The actual lease agreements are far different.
NOTE:I've provided links to the numbers I posted....YOU ZERO!!!!!!
Where is your proof? Who the hell are you to make such totally uninformed criticisms? ZERO! NADA... NOTHING!!!

A) How many wind turbines can be put on an acre of land? One wind turbine can require up to 80 acres of land, and each turbine will generate around 2.5 MW. Because wind turbines are spaced so far apart, surface activities like farming can still take place on much of the land.
A 1,000-megawatt nuclear facility needs just over one square mile
Wind farms require up to 360 times as much land area to produce the same amount of electricity as a nuclear energy facility, a Nuclear Energy Institute analysis has found. Solar photovoltaic (PV) facilities require up to 75 times the land area.
As of January 2022, theU.S. Wind Turbine Database (USWTDB) contains more than 70,800 turbines.
Assuming One wind turbine can require up to 80 acres of land, the total land area
One often-cited study of the comparative value of an acre of land in different states comes from the findings of a 2015 report from economist William Larson. Larson tells us that the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) have 1.9 billion acres of land and it’s valued at nearly $23 trillion, which is an average of about $12,000 per acre.

Total Rent of land @ ---$1,182,588,451,389 cost of rent of $12,000/1 acre per year

One often-cited study of the comparative value of an acre of land in different states comes from the findings of a 2015 report from economist William Larson. Larson tells us that the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) have 1.9 billion acres of land and it’s valued at nearly $23 trillion, which is an average of about $12,000 per acre.

You do realize that buying land and renting land is drastically different, right?

You do realize that buying land and renting land is drastically different, right?
Wow... Thanks. No that the trivia you injected is acknowledged what about the rest of the numbers I presented WITH LINKs!
Something idiots like you can't seem to fathom that FACTS make up the real world not the fantasy idiots like this who tell us
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

You seemingly want to point out the sliver in my eye while ignoring the plank in your eyes!
Meaning (I have to explain to you by the way) how dumb must you be to ignore the reality that idiots like you and Biden
are so stupid to rid "fossil fuels" that provide 60% of our electricity with what... Wind Turbines??? Solar panels???
You idiots are buying into the total fantasy of EVs and haven't yet figured out the cost! Thank goodness at my age I won't
be around to see the idiots like you that make decisions like the future president in the movie "Idiocracy"!

Are you under the impression that anyone reads your wall of nonsense?

LOL

Look shit brains. Earlier you said we needed thousands of new nuke plants. Now you say we need 102. You're not even making sense.

Fuck off.
Hey... I appreciate your comment because obviously it strikes a very sensitive area of your pea brain.
Facts are hard for you I can see to understand and it is the grossly uninformed people like you that are to be pitied.
I truly do feel sorry that you don't seem to understand the words "static" which is what you are versus "dynamic" which
I'm illustrating i,e. that numbers change. I guess you don't believe in "climate change" also right?

Hey... I appreciate your comment because obviously it strikes a very sensitive area of your pea brain.
Facts are hard for you I can see to understand and it is the grossly uninformed people like you that are to be pitied.
I truly do feel sorry that you don't seem to understand the words "static" which is what you are versus "dynamic" which
I'm illustrating i,e. that numbers change. I guess you don't believe in "climate change" also right?
You're illustrating that you have zero idea what you're talking about. Nothing else.

You silly goose.

95% of ALL CHARGING will be done in the middle of the night, at home. Using a remote charger for most people will be a one-off event, happening a few times per year.

Charging speeds, especially at public superchargers is quickly increasing in efficiency. Expect 15 minutes to go from 10% to 80% - easily tolerable for everyone. Every new car that is introduced is slightly faster charging than those that preceded it.

The real obstacle is rare minerals required to make batteries. As always, tree-huggers getting in the way of doing the logical thing.
And then there's the grid system and the huge demand for more electricity.

This was something the inept government didn't think through.

We could have chosen a different path. Hydrogen, for example. Or better yet, the free market would have solved the problem when it actually became a problem

You're illustrating that you have zero idea what you're talking about. Nothing else.
You are so fundamentally STUPID especially saying I "have zero idea"!
Facts that you A) Almost NEVER supply links to support your statements VS B) Almost All my "zero ideas" are from expert sources as the following:

FACT: One wind turbine can require up to 80 acres of land, and each turbine will generate around 2.5 MW.
FACT:Wind farms require up to 360 times as much land area to produce the same amount of electricity as a nuclear energy facility,
FACT: As of January 2022, the U.S. Wind Turbine Database (USWTDB) contains more than 70,800 turbines.
FACT which is an average of about $12,000 per acre.
FACT: at an energy storage capacity cost of $10 per kWh.
FACT: But of course your attention span being less than the average American's of 8.5 seconds will not get beyond the first FACT!

LOL So, since EV technology hasn't yet matured, we should abandon it? Do you think we got to the moon on the very first try?

Gad, being conservative has become synonymous with stupidity.
We did get to the moon our first try you moron.

We did it by working through the Mercury and Gemini phases, then circling the moon and finally landing on it. The first time it was tried.

You fucking morons want to skip the build up portion of this EV push.

We did get to the moon our first try you moron.

We did it by working through the Mercury and Gemini phases, then circling the moon and finally landing on it. The first time it was tried.

You fucking morons want to skip the build up portion of this EV push.
:itsok: I could explain what you wrote back to you but then you would remain a retard.

Read what you wrote a few times and when you are done, read it a couple more times. Eventually, you will figure out that by using the above example, you are actually agreeing with my original statement.

Good luck. Keep us informed of your progress.

At 75 mph on interstate 900 miles is 12 hours...four 30 minute breaks is 14 hours... not an issue.
Wow averaging 75 mph for 12 hours!!!

You certainly are a superstar. And a law breaker

:itsok: I could explain what you wrote back to you but then you would remain a retard.

Read what you wrote a few times and when you are done, read it a couple more times. Eventually, you will figure out that by using the above example, you are actually agreeing with my original statement.

Good luck. Keep us informed of your progress.
If you think you can explain your stupid have at it.

Wow averaging 75 mph for 12 hours!!!

You certainly are a superstar. And a law breaker
AGAIN where are your facts? I don't understand idiots making idiotic statements WITHOUT any proof!
You wrote "law breaker". Where?
The fastest legal speed limit in Texas is 85 mph,What is the fastest legal speed limit in Texas - Third Coast Auto
16 states have legal speed limit of 75 mph...
8 states have legal speed limit of 80 mph!
What "law breaker"?
Wow why are you a breaker of TRUTH calling me a "Law Breaker"???
Did you know that it is over 1,212 miles from El Paso Tx to Mobile Al and you can go at highest legal speed of sometimes 85 mph?
Of course not you didn't do any research to do that is totally possible!

75MPG avg? Depends where. To Leave SF or SJ Gay area can take 3 hours to escape traffic. 60-90 miles done.

Any construction or accidents, speed traps, stops?...it is hard to AVG 50MPH in some areas. You can try to leave at 2-4AM, but even with that you will hit traffic somewhere?

Forum List

Back