Dodge Unveils New Electric Muscle-Car to Replace Challenger, Charger

Seems like people have this notion that everyone's gonna be driving around in a Tesla. Which is humorous.

Most of the electric vehicles I've seen are just plain ugly and boring.

Much like any Hyundai you see on the road.

Driving down the road these days, cars all look the same. For the most part.
Most cars are just boring transportation

But manufacturers are investing in Electric Rolls Royces, Cadillacs, Corvettes and any high end vehicle

If you're a young guy a picking up a girl in a cool looking pavement pounding muscle car for a first date.
She's gonna like that you're large and in charge and drive a real man's car..
But pick her up a sewing machine quiet EV with the sexyness of a microwave oven.
There's a good chance she'll just fall asleep in the car on the way to the restaurant or make up an excuse for you to take her home early because she thinks you're totally gay by driving a gay EV car.

Last edited:
Performance wise, EVs have much faster acceleration

In fact, Steam Powered Cars have a much faster acceleration that both gas or electric.

A steam powered car like the 1906 Stanley Steamer had no transmission because of the amount of torgue delivered directly to the drive train by the engine. The steamer held the world's land speed record of 127 MPH for 7-years.

They fell out of favor because, like electric vehicles, they were impractical for normal driving.

Last edited:
If you're a young guy a picking up a girl in a cool looking pavement pounding muscle car for a first date.

I can think of a few girls who might be seduced by your EV...

1431.jpg

We keep hearing they are failing and will never replace gas cars, but virtually everyone is going EV.
1 Min Video
Wall Street Journal

Dodge Unveils New Electric Muscle-Car to Replace Challenger, Charger​

The Charger Daytona SRT concept car is Dodge’s first all-electric offering​

`
Just imagine on the very fragile electrical grid, that was supposed to be fixed by Obama/Biden but wasnt, you have an increased demand for all these electrical vehicles who need charging, and rolling brown outs. Something smells like Joe Biden's dirty underwear....

Just imagine on the very fragile electrical grid, that was supposed to be fixed by Obama/Biden but wasnt, you have an increased demand for all these electrical vehicles who need charging, and rolling brown outs. Something smells like Joe Biden's dirty underwear....

Charging an EV to full requires twice the electricity that an average household uses in a day.

Each electric vehicle adds TWO SUBURBAN HOMES to the power grid.

So much for "saving the earth".

Last edited:
Up to about 40. After that they fall behind. But you can get a good lead with an electric and it will take the ICE up to about 70 to catch up and pass.

No, EV's are fast all the way up to over 120. A Tesla will out drag a Ferrari. Where they fall apart is in endurance. A Ferrari can be driven cross country non stop. The EV can't.

Most cars are just boring transportation

But manufacturers are investing in Electric Rolls Royces, Cadillacs, Corvettes and any high end vehicle

Yeah. Pretty much.

I've got about thirty good years left, if all goes well, so I doubt very much my hobby is in any kind of danger of being usurped. Nothing will change in my life.

Moving forward, though, it's kind of comparable to digital music downloads. It made record stores basically obsolete. And the next big hit lasts about a day and a half, or until the next popular download comes along. There'll never be another classic band or another clasic album as a consequence. The nostalgia and all of that is just gone.

Same is probably gonna happen to hobbies like mine. Building old cars. Fixing them. Going to the car shows. Stuff like like. It'll all turn to dust, as we transist into the next generation of cubicle dwellers.

The first cars they will attack will be private vehicles. Only after they've culled those will they turn on commercial vehicles.

My next gas car will be purchased through a company name as a commercial vehicle.

That should keep me on the road and belching CO until I go into the old folks home.

Financial considerations aside, it makes more sense to produce ICE cars and EV's in parallel for a few years. At the same time as they are pushing this EV Charger to market, they are finalizing the design of supercharged in-line 6's with 500bhp; what are they going to do with them?

Parenthetically, it is silly to propel an electric car with electrons generated by burning carbon (coal, natural gas).

While electric cars can go like stink, there is no comparing the operation of such machines with driving a fucking stick-shift car. Who cares if the blender goes faster?

it makes more sense to produce ICE cars and EV's in parallel for a few years

I have no problem with any company producing both ICE and EV cars. I don't have a problem with them producing cars that run on the blood of California Condors.

I only have a problem with corrupt legislation pushing one technology over another and circumventing the market.

I can't wait to hear how this is a threat to baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and everything we hold dear.

I'm sure someone from the right wing will be by shortly to tell us how.

Performance wise, EVs have much faster acceleration
Except for the Vroom, Vroom they are a more exciting experience

Same applies to Electric Motorcycles
I like the noise

It appears there is a race series call Formula EV or something like that

They appear very fast and are sure to improve the breed

But will never be quite the same as the real thing

Forum List

Back