Do YOU support Trump’s last ditch effort to convince Republican state legislatures to APPOINT pro-Trump Electors?

Once the votes are cast, if the State Legislatures can't override them....they aren't the deciding factor. The people who voted are.
Unless the State Legislatures decide that it wasn't a proper (illegal) vote. Fuck you are thick. Hell, you might be just as thick as me. Maybe.

Nope. The State legislatures can't simply ignore election results. If that were the case, they could simply invalidate any election that could unseat them making any state legislative seat a lifetime appointment. They'd run afoul of dozens of state laws and be overriden by their state courts without profound evidence to back such a move.

And in that case, by your own standard, it would be the state courts making that determination, not the State Legislatures.

Its simply undetermined constitutionally if the State legislatures have the authority to override the election results. If they can, then the justification is irrelevant. They can just decide to do so. They don't need claims of fraud.

If they don't.....then they no longer possess the constitutional authority to select the electors for that election. The people who vote do.

Once the votes are cast, if the State Legislatures can't override them....they aren't the deciding factor. The people who voted are.
Unless the State Legislatures decide that it wasn't a proper (illegal) vote. Fuck you are thick. Hell, you might be just as thick as me. Maybe.

Yup, he is the new low status male of the forum. All snark, bitching and whining. I wonder if he's an alt of dumbling.

Trump's strategy is not appear to convince the legislature. Big misread by the OP.

This is fucking INSANE!

This whole article is based on nothing but TDS-inspired speculation about why those two legislators were invited to Washington. Speculation. That's it. As far as the writer and everyone else commenting on this meeting, he could have been inviting them to golf at one of his resorts.

Nope. The State legislatures can't simply ignore election results.
No one is suggesting that they do.

If that were the case, they could simply invalidate any election that could unseat them making any state legislative seat a lifetime appointment. They'd run afoul of dozens of state laws and be overriden by their state courts without profound evidence to back such a move.
I agree.

And in that case, by your own standard, it would be the state courts making that determination, not the State Legislatures.
That's fair.

Its simply undetermined constitutionally if the State legislatures have the authority to override the election results. If they can, then the justification is irrelevant. They can just decide to do so. They don't need claims of fraud.
I agree.

If they don't.....then they no longer possess the constitutional authority to select the electors for that election. The people who vote do.
No. The people do not unless the laws say they do. Under the circumstances as outlined by the laws of the state. Which is what we are talking about.

The thing that decides the factors, is the deciding factor.

I wonder what most ordinary Republicans would say and do if Trump were to convince Republican-controlled legislatures (as in Georgia & Michigan) to ignore the statewide popular vote for Biden, dismiss it as fraudulent on the basis of no real court-certified evidence, and appoint Republican Electors to re-elect Trump?

That now seems to be his “Plan C.” In the unlikely and god-awful case that he became President in this way, Trump and his Republican supporters would truly be leading us to Civil War. It would be an historical point marking the degeneration of our democratic traditions, and the transformation of our country into a rightwing “Banana Republic.”

Sad to say, this undemocratic attempt at a “coup” is exactly what Trump seems to be trying to do right now, as outlined clearly in this FOX report. Do YOU support such conduct? Where do our Republican USMBers — especially those claiming to be critical of Trump in some ways — stand on such efforts?

I support any measure that would keep that senile pedophile out of the Whitehouse.

No. The people do not unless the laws say they do. Under the circumstances as outlined by the laws of the state. Which is what we are talking about.

One, the law says they do.

Two, if the state legislatures can't take back their authority from the people to decide how electors are selected.....then that authority is not longer the State Legislatures for that election. That authority is possessed by the people who voted.

The decider.....is the body that possesses the authority. Not the body from which the authority was derived.

Otherwise, by your own argument.....the State Legislatures aren't the deciders, the constitution is. As they derive their authority from the Constitution. And since the authority of the Constitution is derived from the consent of the governed.....its the people from which the constitution derives its authority.

With the people, yet again, being the deciders......by your own logic. And certainly by mine.

Last edited:
This is fucking INSANE!

This whole article is based on nothing but TDS-inspired speculation about why those two legislators were invited to Washington. Speculation. That's it. As far as the writer and everyone else commenting on this meeting, he could have been inviting them to golf at one of his resorts.

Why would they need to do that? Are there no golf courses in Michigan?

Now as an olive branch, I acknowledge that if the State Legislatures CAN take back their authority after the election and simply assign electors in defiance of the will of the electorate, then yes......they would indeed be the deciders.

If they cannot, however.....then the deciders would be the people.

With the people, yet again, being the deciders......by your own logic. And certainly by mine.
I agree. And the people have decided, that the state legislators have the final decision in that state. Because they have derived how the electors are chosen.

Would you like to continue talking past one another?

There is zero chance of this happening

I agree.

But, should any state legislators choose to do so, they would be well within legal boundaries, and I would not oppose it.

It might be legal, but it would be political suicide. If you guys really want to ramp up opposition to the Electoral College, that's the way to do it.

I would accept it if it would prevent the transfer of power to an obvious national enemy. Any fallout could be dealt with later.

Two, if the state legislatures can't take back their authority from the people to decide how electors are selected.....then that authority is not longer the State Legislatures for that election. That authority is possessed by the people who voted.

Where is that written, douchebag? The state legislature always has the authority. That's what the Constitution says. You're living in a fantasy land.

The decider.....is the body that possesses the authority. Not the body from which the authority was derived.

Otherwise, by your own argument.....the State Legislatures aren't the deciders, the constitution is. As they derive their authority from the Constitution. And since the authority of the Constitution is derived from the consent of the governed.....its the people from which the constitution derives its authority.

You're a true idiot.

I agree. And the people have decided, that the state legislators have the final decision in that state. Because they have derived how the electors are chosen.

Would you like to continue talking past one another?

I think we have a fundamental disagreement.

I'm arguing that the deciding factor .....is the body that possesses the authority. Not the body from which the authority was derived.

You're arguing that it is the body from which the authority is derived is the deciding factor. Since the State Legislature is the body that is Contitutionally delegatted the power to choose the method selection, they are the 'deciding factor', even if they choose the popular vote as the method for selecting electors.

But if it is the body from which the authority is derived is the deciding factor......then where does the State Legislture derive its authority? As that, by your own reasoning, would be the 'deciding factor'.

Follow it back. It would be the Constitution, and ultimately the people.

In either my argument, OR yours......the people are the decider.

Where is that written, douchebag? The state legislature always has the authority. That's what the Constitution says. You're living in a fantasy land.

You're a true idiot.

Read back through the debate for us both addressing that exact issue.

Catch up, then join us.

I agree.

But, should any state legislators choose to do so, they would be well within legal boundaries, and I would not oppose it.

It might be legal, but it would be political suicide. If you guys really want to ramp up opposition to the Electoral College, that's the way to do it.

I would accept it if it would prevent the transfer of power to an obvious national enemy. Any fallout could be dealt with later.

And who would the 'obvious national enemy' be in this scenario?

Article 2 - the bottom line.

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress; but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector."

I agree.

The Democratic Party, of course.

I wonder what most ordinary Republicans would say and do if Trump were to convince Republican-controlled legislatures (as in Georgia & Michigan) to ignore the statewide popular vote for Biden, dismiss it as fraudulent on the basis of no real court-certified evidence, and appoint Republican Electors to re-elect Trump?

That now seems to be his “Plan C.” In the unlikely and god-awful case that he became President in this way, Trump and his Republican supporters would truly be leading us to Civil War. It would be an historical point marking the degeneration of our democratic traditions, and the transformation of our country into a rightwing “Banana Republic.”

Sad to say, this undemocratic attempt at a “coup” is exactly what Trump seems to be trying to do right now, as outlined clearly in this FOX report. Do YOU support such conduct? Where do our Republican USMBers — especially those claiming to be critical of Trump in some ways — stand on such efforts?

There is an element of abuse of power In it.

I agree.

The Democratic Party, of course.

Oh, so you're talking nonsense.

Thanks for the head's up.

You're a true idiot.

Read back through the debate for us both addressing that exact issue.

Catch up, then join us.
You addressed nothing. You proved that your an idiot. Only the legislature has authority to make election law. That's what the Constitution says.

I'm not a republican... So while I know this isn't aimed at me... I think it should be noted that the Constitution was drawn up and specific about this. Popular vote was NEVER supposed to be the deciding factor. I absolutely agree with that.

With that said... We go through the legal process. If cheating was done, we correct it. We ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO change how our voting system works to where we can verify votes, so this doesn't happen AGAIN. It's not like this is the first time.

And... Civil war... Well... As a kid, I wasn't a bully... Kind of. I liked to bully the bullies. As I got older, I'm an asshole, to other assholes. I've never killed anyone. I don't want to... But I will kill people who are a threat to my loved ones.
You ready to kill your neighbors over friggin TRUMP?

Forum List

Back