Do Republicans have it right? Get rid of pre-existing condition protections on healthcare?

A death panel is a description when an insurance company decides the cost to provide medical treatment is too costly, and they refuse to pay, for example, for any more kidney dialysis.

The insurance company is legally obligated to compensate the policy holder for whatever the policy stipulates. They don't get to decide, after the fact, whether they are going to pay for a given treatment. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Correct, and that is in the fine print. Insurance companies are in business to make money, and insurance brokers don't point out the fine print.
The funny thing about insurance companies is they don't employ doctors or nurses. They don't create drugs or do research.
All they do it skim money off people's insurance policies. That's it. They are office bureaucrats who skim money.
They are the middle man.

Disregarding the spiteful, idiotic premise of the thread, the notion that insurance companies should be required to cover pre-existing conditions is delusional. I know it's popular with voters, but we need leaders with the balls to tells voters when they're being irrational, and the smarts to show them why.

A perfect example ^^^ of contemporary conservatism, aka Callous Conservatism.

I'm callous because I don't want government to cater to irrational desires?

Are death panels your idea of rational?

What's a "death panel"?
Death Panels are assembled to kill Sarah Palins baby

A death panel is a description when an insurance company decides the cost to provide medical treatment is too costly, and they refuse to pay, for example, for any more kidney dialysis.

The insurance company is legally obligated to compensate the policy holder for whatever the policy stipulates. They don't get to decide, after the fact, whether they are going to pay for a given treatment. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Correct, and that is in the fine print. Insurance companies are in business to make money, and insurance brokers don't point out the fine print.
The funny thing about insurance companies is they don't employ doctors or nurses. They don't create drugs or do research.
All they do it skim money off people's insurance policies. That's it. They are office bureaucrats who skim money.
They are the middle man.
But they call the shots

They are the middle man.

But have a major illness or accident and you'll appreciate that middleman.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

They are the middle man.

They provide a service, but at a cost. I might be doing pretty well, but if I need a million bucks worth of medical treatment thank goodness for my insurance and the government.
Obviously in exchange for that they need to make money for it to be worth their trouble.

Its a strange industry though. We're all captive to needing medical care.

They are the middle man.
But they call the shots
Because of what they give to Republicans.

I think Republicans on the USMB thought the Trump U scam was a good way to make money. They feel if the stupid elderly and veterans can't hold on to their life savings, then good their money went to Trump.

So is everyone gonna pay or are the left just looking for freebies?

Yes......Your health is that important
I get so tired of this freebie thing when Red States are economically kept afloat by industrious Blue States.

welfarestates2.gif

They are the middle man.
And that's why we should force everyone to buy their product. Uh, wtf?

DpANshbXoAECBLM.jpg

Mapping Pre-existing Conditions across the U.S.

Trump lies about protections for those with pre-existing conditions

Trump Misleads on Preexisting Conditions - FactCheck.org

New plans in Iowa don't offer pre-existing condition protections

• The Des Moines Register reported that the Farm Bureau Federation's health coverage may reject people with pre-existing conditions. The Iowa legislature gave the Farm Bureau Federation the OK to offer the plans, which provide some protections, such as maternity, behavioral health, substance abuse and prescription drug benefits.
--------------------------------

All right. Get rid of pre existing condition protections. After all, look at where most pre existing conditions are. In Red States where the Republicans live.

That's one way to shrink that party. Let them die. That's what they want. Quit helping them.

Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy in Appalachia Versus the Rest of the US

Infant mortality is rising and life expectancy is falling in Appalachia which covers 13 mostly Red States.

Shouldn't we just let them die? Isn't that what they want?

You can't always protect Republicans from themselves. Sometimes it's best to just let them go.
Karma is a thing.

Ask Reagan......

So is everyone gonna pay or are the left just looking for freebies?

Yes......Your health is that important
I get so tired of this freebie thing when Red States are economically kept afloat by industrious Blue States.

welfarestates2.gif
So you want no one to have freebies? Is this correct?
Freebies are tax cuts for billionaires. They get to loot a country almost for free. All it cost are payoffs to Republicans.

Send it to the states.
Blue States will take care of their people.
Red States will watch their people suffer and the people will cheer.

Let them.

That's what we've been telling you for years....asswipe.

Now that you can't fight it.....you get on board.

Suck on it.

You'll need those in Chicago where everyone seems to have a gunshot wound.

They are the middle man.

Not really.
What I'll appreciate is the doctor, the nurse, the medicine and the hospital.

That's what's wrong with our healthcare system. Some people think that those skimming money off our policies are helping us.

Send it to the states.

Let them.

Suck on it.

I live in Chicago.

You want danger, move to Appalachia.

Send it to the states.

Let them.

Suck on it.

I live in Chicago.

You want danger, move to Appalachia.

Yes, I know you live there...hence the context of my post.

Please show me how dangerous Appalachia is relative to Chicago.

Chicago is always on the list of dangerous places to live.

They are the middle man.

Not really.
What I'll appreciate is the doctor, the nurse, the medicine and the hospital.

That's what's wrong with our healthcare system. Some people think that those skimming money off our policies are helping us.

And they would be correct.

But your solutions will only make it worse.

Food for thought for those who do, others may now use the funny button:

Is there a difference if a person pays a tax or a fee?

[this maybe too abstract for some]

The fee paid to an insurance company goes to a huge overhead, high management salaries, salaries for lawyers to write all that fine print, and to defend law suits; salaries for sales personnel & advertising agencies, buildings and their upkeep including real estate and other local taxes.

A tax has none of the above and is able to use most of the tax money for medical care. Government will pay for medical care to private sector medical personnel and to public sector hospitals which will reduce the cost to local government (health care uses a larger percentage of local tax revenue than LE, Fire, Public Works and other necessary services.

Forum List

Back