Do Republicans have it right? Get rid of pre-existing condition protections on healthcare?

Disregarding the spiteful, idiotic premise of the thread, the notion that insurance companies should be required to cover pre-existing conditions is delusional. I know it's popular with voters, but we need leaders with the balls to tells voters when they're being irrational, and the smarts to show them why.
Absolutely! The Congress and this so-called president should step right up and allow insurance companies to get rid of manditory coverage for pre-existing conditions today.
That’s why no one can afford insurance. Aren’t ewe donkey asses special?

Disregarding the spiteful, idiotic premise of the thread, the notion that insurance companies should be required to cover pre-existing conditions is delusional. I know it's popular with voters, but we need leaders with the balls to tells voters when they're being irrational, and the smarts to show them why.

A perfect example ^^^ of contemporary conservatism, aka Callous Conservatism.

I'm callous because I don't want government to cater to irrational desires?

Are death panels your idea of rational?
No but that’s what happens aka rationing!

A perfect example^^^ of having no argument.

Mr. A supported his family working on Harley Davidson Motorcycles in Milwaukee. His five year old child suffered from chronic heat problems and was being treated by Doctors at the Cleveland Clinic, 80% of the cost was paid by his jobs benefits.

Trump's Tariff Policy forced the closure of the plant and Mr. A. lost his job and his benefits.

Mr. and Mrs. A. couldn't buy health insurance, and Mr. A. couldn't afford to pay the full cost of their five year old's medical care. His new job did not provide health care benefits.

Thus they relied on the local public hospital for care for their child.

Within a year the public hospital sold the debt which Mr. and Mrs. A couldn't pay, to an agency which demanded payment, adding interest to the debt and causing the family's FICO score to drop and make borrowing impossible.
Republicans call that a success story.

I don't know about death panels but I know a woman who thought she was having a stroke. Instead of just calling an ambulance she had a neighbor take her to the hospital to save money.

Mercifully (?) it was just a brain tumor and not a every minute matters situation.

Funny how capitalism rations healthcare for everyone who isn't Peyton Manning.

A death panel is a description when an insurance company decides the cost to provide medical treatment is too costly, and they refuse to pay, for example, for any more kidney dialysis.

Exactly.
In Blue States, elected leaders want everyone in the state covered. I think for Blue States that's a terrific idea since they tend to be more creative, have better businesses, make more money and people are generally healthier.
Red States don't want pre existing conditions covered. I'm guessing many don't even want doctors. Quit trying to get them healthcare. If they don't want healthcare for their families, don't force them. Leave them alone.
So everyone in the state should pay for it right? Or dew ewe want a freebie?
Everyone in a state should not have to worry....what will happen if I get sick?

Not a R here, but will say........we should do it ALL as you and Dems want...........then we will all live forever and ever.
What a stupid and callous post

People become sick, people get injured. If you have never been sick or injured, you have no idea how prohibitively expensive it can be.

I don't know about death panels but I know a woman who thought she was having a stroke. Instead of just calling an ambulance she had a neighbor take her to the hospital to save money.

Mercifully (?) it was just a brain tumor and not a every minute matters situation.

A death panel is a description when an insurance company decides the cost to provide medical treatment is too costly, and they refuse to pay, for example, for any more kidney dialysis.

Huh, I've never been to one of those meetings.

I have seen people trying to swipe credit cards getting turned down for things in stores though.

Thank goodness our medical care isn't as capitalist as Walmart.

If there is coverage for pre-existing conditions, it is not insurance. It is a very expensive, inefficient health-plan.

If you want an affordable insurance plan that will cover you in the event you have a serious health issue, you cannot include coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Simple as that. You can't have it both ways, children.

Grow the hell up.
I'm with you. Let them die. In Red States.
The rest of the country feels different. But in Red States, just let them go on to a better place.

DpANshbXoAECBLM.jpg

If there is coverage for pre-existing conditions, it is not insurance. It is a very expensive, inefficient health-plan.

If you want an affordable insurance plan that will cover you in the event you have a serious health issue, you cannot include coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Grow the hell up.
The rest of the country feels different. But in Red States, just let them go on to a better place.

DpANshbXoAECBLM.jpg

No, stupid. You're not "with me". Like I said, you're an idiot.

Mr. A supported his family working on Harley Davidson Motorcycles in Milwaukee. His five year old child suffered from chronic heat problems and was being treated by Doctors at the Cleveland Clinic, 80% of the cost was paid by his jobs benefits.

Trump's Tariff Policy forced the closure of the plant and Mr. A. lost his job and his benefits.

Mr. and Mrs. A. couldn't buy health insurance, and Mr. A. couldn't afford to pay the full cost of their five year old's medical care. His new job did not provide health care benefits.

Within a year the public hospital sold the debt which Mr. and Mrs. A couldn't pay, to an agency which demanded payment, adding interest to the debt and causing the family's FICO score to drop and make borrowing impossible.

Appeal to emotion with an anecdotal story isn't an argument, Chumlee.

Exactly.
In Blue States, elected leaders want everyone in the state covered. I think for Blue States that's a terrific idea since they tend to be more creative, have better businesses, make more money and people are generally healthier.
Red States don't want pre existing conditions covered. I'm guessing many don't even want doctors. Quit trying to get them healthcare. If they don't want healthcare for their families, don't force them. Leave them alone.

Not a R here, but will say........we should do it ALL as you and Dems want...........then we will all live forever and ever.

People become sick, people get injured. If you have never been sick or injured, you have no idea how prohibitively expensive it can be.
So answer the question! You want freebies? Or should every American pay?

Grow the hell up.

DpANshbXoAECBLM.jpg
So should everyone pay or dew ewe want freebies?

The insurance company is legally obligated to compensate the policy holder for whatever the policy stipulates. They don't get to decide, after the fact, whether they are going to pay for a given treatment. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Exactly.

Once again, Republicans give their perspective on healthcare

Not my problem
And
Let em die

Funny. I thought the same of your post stating "let them die". Now. Tell me again who is callous.

Appeal to emotion with an anecdotal story isn't an argument, Chumlee.

It is a parable, not an appeal to emotion but to reality, morality and common sense. Callous describes having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others. I'd side with Jesus on this one, be he a son of god or just another carpenter.

Last edited:

Huh, I've never been to one of those meetings.

I have seen people trying to swipe credit cards getting turned down for things in stores though.

Thank goodness our medical care isn't as capitalist as Walmart.

It seems that is the goal of the Republican Party, to make everything for profit, and to shrink government so small it can be drowned in a bathtub.

The insurance company is legally obligated to compensate the policy holder for whatever the policy stipulates. They don't get to decide, after the fact, whether they are going to pay for a given treatment. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Correct, and that is in the fine print. Insurance companies are in business to make money, and insurance brokers don't point out the fine print.

Correct, and that is in the fine print. Insurance companies are in business to make money, and insurance brokers don't point out the fine print.

So the death panel bit was just demagoguery. Got anything else?

It is a parable, not an appeal to emotion but to reality, morality and common sense. Callous describes having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others. I'd side with Jesus on this one, be he a son of god or just another carpenter.
So it's not even a real situation...Not so much a an anecdote...Just a brazen fictional appeal to emotion, for you to pat yourself on the back for how much you care with everyone else's resources.....And morally preening looters like you have NOTHING to do with Jesus.

JesusHelp.jpg

Grow the hell up.

DpANshbXoAECBLM.jpg

No, stupid. You're not "with me". Like I said, you're an idiot.
You look forward to Republicans dying.

I look forward to their party shrinking.

We both want the same thing. But in different ways.

So it's not even a real situation...Not so much a an anecdote...Just a brazen fictional appeal to emotion, for you to pat yourself on the back for how much you care with everyone else's resources.....And morally preening looters like you have NOTHING to do with Jesus.

View attachment 221334
DonrU9oXUAIZzOz.jpg

DnQkyMYWwAEw6tM.jpg

Forum List

Back