Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
Too little, too late.
Is immediate cooperation on process including offering to let the CIA in and proactive cooperation by working with the inspectors to resolve longstanding issues regarding unilateral unrecorded destruction of materials- poking the Bear?

Too little, too late. He needed to provide the wmds, or evidence he had destroyed them.

Says Who? Why is December too late? The 1441 inspections were just getting started. Why is that "Too Little" There would be no better way than to have our CIA weapons analysts working on the ground in Iraq instead of at the Office of Special Plans at the Pentagon speculating on what was there.

He had had years to provide the information, that should have taken, at most, months to provide.

People were confused by the inability to find the wmds. Trucking them back and forth was a possible reason for it.

The UN inspectors were not confused. What people are you talking about? Can you provide factual backup for what you claim so I can check it out?

THe people you were talking about, who were speculating that the wmds were being trucked back adn forth.

Are you high right now? You seem to have trouble following your own logic? Or are you just tossing shit at a wall and painting yourself into a corner with it?

Too little, too late.
Is immediate cooperation on process including offering to let the CIA in and proactive cooperation by working with the inspectors to resolve longstanding issues regarding unilateral unrecorded destruction of materials- poking the Bear?

Yes, very much so. The wmds or the proof of their destruction should have been turned over years earlier.

Too little, too late.

Yes, very much so. The wmds or the proof of their destruction should have been turned over years earlier.

Don't you get it yet? There were no WMDs.. Bush/Cheny were LYING.

The wmds or the proof of their destruction should have been turned over years earlier.

That is not what you were asked.

Yes, very much so.

Full proactive cooperation with 1441 us poking the Bear connected your mind?

If yes is your serious answer, you are alone in the world on that one.

What You They turned over the wmds? That is the first I have heard of that. Please continue.

Yes they turned over and destroyed some prescribe items in front of the 1441 inspectors. But I was referring to the second issue you mentioned. Here’s what you wrote:
or provide the evidence that they were destroyed.

in reference to “provide the evidence that they were destroyed.” This was my response;

That is precisely what the Iraqis and the inspectors were doing since late February 2002 with proactive cooperation from the Iraqi side.

Its a fact. I post only facts that can be backed up;

Addressing a ministerial-level meeting of the Council, Mr. Blix cited in particular Baghdad's move to begin UN-supervised destruction of the Al Samoud 2 missiles, which had been declared by Iraq last year, but were later found to be outside the permissible range by UN experts.​

"The destruction undertaken constitutes a substantial measure of disarmament - indeed the first since the middle of the 1990's," Mr. Blix said. "We are not watching the breaking of toothpicks. Lethal weapons are being destroyed."​

But at the same time Mr. Blix, Executive Chairman of the UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC), said that the recent accelerations on of initiatives from Iraq, while welcome, should be judged by how many questions marks they had actually succeeded in straightening out. He also noted that Baghdad should be able to provide more documentary evidence about its proscribed weapons programmes, and expressed hope that the appointment of a government commission would help to produce results.

Turning to biological and chemical weapons, Mr. Blix said there was a significant Iraqi effort under way to clarify a major source of uncertainty as to the quantities of those arms, which were unilaterally destroyed in 1991. As part of that effort, a disposal site was being now re-excavated, unearthing bombs and fragments, which could allow the determination of the number of bombs destroyed at that site.

Too little, too late.

Don't you get it yet? There were no WMDs.. Bush/Cheny were LYING.

That is your opinion. IN the real world, the Iraqis were required to turn over the wmds or proof that they were destroyed. They did not do so, so war.

The wmds or the proof of their destruction should have been turned over years earlier.

That is not what you were asked.

Yes, very much so.

Full proactive cooperation with 1441 us poking the Bear connected your mind?

If yes is your serious answer, you are alone in the world on that one.

That was my answer to your question. Deal with it.

What You They turned over the wmds? That is the first I have heard of that. Please continue.

Yes they turned over and destroyed some prescribe items in front of the 1441 inspectors. But I was referring to the second issue you mentioned. Here’s what you wrote:
or provide the evidence that they were destroyed.

in reference to “provide the evidence that they were destroyed.” This was my response;

That is precisely what the Iraqis and the inspectors were doing since late February 2002 with proactive cooperation from the Iraqi side.

Its a fact. I post only facts that can be backed up;

Addressing a ministerial-level meeting of the Council, Mr. Blix cited in particular Baghdad's move to begin UN-supervised destruction of the Al Samoud 2 missiles, which had been declared by Iraq last year, but were later found to be outside the permissible range by UN experts.​

"The destruction undertaken constitutes a substantial measure of disarmament - indeed the first since the middle of the 1990's," Mr. Blix said. "We are not watching the breaking of toothpicks. Lethal weapons are being destroyed."​

But at the same time Mr. Blix, Executive Chairman of the UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC), said that the recent accelerations on of initiatives from Iraq, while welcome, should be judged by how many questions marks they had actually succeeded in straightening out. He also noted that Baghdad should be able to provide more documentary evidence about its proscribed weapons programmes, and expressed hope that the appointment of a government commission would help to produce results.
Turning to biological and chemical weapons, Mr. Blix said there was a significant Iraqi effort under way to clarify a major source of uncertainty as to the quantities of those arms, which were unilaterally destroyed in 1991. As part of that effort, a disposal site was being now re-excavated, unearthing bombs and fragments, which could allow the determination of the number of bombs destroyed at that site.

TWO weapons? Not enough to be convincing.

He didn’t have anything else to destroy. Letting the inspections continue would have revealed that truth. There was no reason to invade Iraq to learn that truth. What Dubya did as Obama says was very dumb. And since 60% of Americans agreed with Obama you tried to say they agreed with you but that was not true, so you b tried claim that SH had to be removed because he was poking the Bear after 1441 was passed in NOVEMBER 2002. Abd that is a bold faced lie.

He didn’t have anything else to destroy. Letting the inspections continue would have revealed that truth. There was no reason to invade Iraq to learn that truth. What Dubya did as Obama says was very dumb. And since 60% of Americans agreed with Obama you tried to say they agreed with you but that was not true, so you b tried claim that SH had to be removed because he was poking the Bear after 1441 was passed in NOVEMBER 2002. Abd that is a bold faced lie.

What was very dumb was for Saddam to destroy his wmds, without documenting it so that he could never satisfy his obligation.

You ignore that those, because it does not help your reach your goal, which is to smear your enemies.

That was my answer to your question.
That was a reply to a post. Ut was not an answer to the question. I know when you are stuck
In the mud if your lies. Its when pulling that shit is all you have left to do.

You are the missing link in the evolution of about a third of Americans who went from being suckered from Dubya’s big lie to Trump’s big lie pretty much holding your brain activity on pause through the Obama Biden Years.

That was a reply to a post. Ut was not an answer to the question. I know when you are stuck

You are the missing link in the evolution of about a third of Americans who went from being suckered from Dubya’s big lie to Trump’s big lie pretty much holding your brain activity on pause through the Obama Biden Years

You are the missing link in the evolution of about a third of Americans who went from being suckered from Dubya’s big lie to Trump’s big lie pretty much holding your brain activity on pause through the Obama Biden Years.

Your problem is that you are so hateful, that you cannot think clearly about people you hate.

What was very dumb was for Saddam to destroy his wmds, without documenting it so that he could never satisfy his obligation.
What’s dumber is you not knowing that Bush knew all that when he agreed to 1441 which the entire world understood that it gave SH a final opportunity to comply through a peaceful inspection process tam that did happen. Its a fact.

It was what SH did after 1441 that really mattered except to bloodthirsty warmongering neocons and white Republican evangelical Christian nationalists in Bush’s base that wanted what was similar to you - not caring at all the goings on under international law through the UN Security Council..

What’s dumber is you not knowing that Bush knew all that when he agreed to 1441 which the entire world understood that it gave SH a final opportunity to comply through a peaceful inspection process tam that did happen. Its a fact.

It was what SH did after 1441 that really mattered except to bloodthirsty warmongering neocons and white Republican evangelical Christian nationalists in Bush’s base that wanted what was similar to you - not caring at all the goings on under international law through the UN Security Council..

It does not matter. Saddam was doomed when 9-11 happened and America's tolerance for assholes fucking with us, dropped below the threshold he had already passed, and he did not have the documentation to show that he destroyed his wmds.

That you want to use that to attack AMERICA, or some Americans, is just your anti-Americanism showing.

It does not matter. Saddam was doomed when 9-11 happened and America's tolerance for assholes fucking with us, dropped below the threshold he had already passed, and he did not have the documentation to show that he destroyed his wmds.

Is it your contention and argument here that the the invasion of Iraq was decided and was unstoppable as of September 12 2001?

America was going broke when you supported whole hog invading Iraq to spend billions to create a functional Democracy in Muslim world.
Yes. We are broke and cannot afford more foreign adventures.

But when I bring up cost as a concern I had while Dubya was deciding to kick inspectors out in order to start a major ground War - it is whining and irrelevant.

Further more, your whining about the cost of the war is irrelevant to any discussion about the national debate leading up to the war.
Why is that?

The inspectors never claimed to be proving a negative.
That was the reason for UNMOVIC’s existence - verifying the existence or nonexistence of prescribed weapons in accordance with United Nations Security Council resolutions.

Trump won the election fair and square. He will govern as he sees fit, to the limits of his ability and his power.

And yet, he is the first President in a long time who is going to be crafting policy based on benefiting Middle America, not Ideology or the 1%.

Did you give up your PNAC Membership when the Donald came into your life?

"Warmongering liars"? Trump? What the fuck does Trump have to do with a war that was years before he was relevant?

There is plenty of relevance here. In 2003 you were all in on regime change and nation building ( without a threat to our national security) through massive ground invasion and sending billions and other resources that belonged to the American middle class to the Middle East in what was called at the time the Project for a New American Century.

Forum List

Back