Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
A big part of the argument for war, was that a functioning democracy in the ME would be a powerful ideological challenge to Islamic Extremism.
These two statements are incompatible.
4. My being a cultural Christian has nothing to do with my logic, or my support of the invasion.
One of the many positive outcomes of your participation in a thread that you complain about sand depict quite often to be irrelevant is that you inadvertently bring fresh ideas to the sociological profession as to how and why so many Americans allowed themselves to be lied into supporting a war of choice; lied into supporting a first strike war of preemptive self/defense; lied into supporting a policy of what the Bush Administration has chosen to call “anticipatory self-defense.

So don’t run away we need a cultural Christian’s perspective and honest opinion input to find the answer to why so many Americans allowed themselves to be lied into supporting a war of choice.

As a cultural Christian and eventual Trump supporter you said your support pre-invasion and post-invasion was to use massive amounts of US military force in order to preemptively remove ..... ( not wait for an attack beyond March 17 2003 ) ..... the Sunni regime in Baghdad in order to give the Shia majority that has a religious connection to Iran a chance to establish a functional free and fair Democracy that would provide an ideological challenge to Islamic extremists.

But you say that being a cultural Christian has nothing to do with your support of preemptive war to force regime change in a Nation comprised mostly of Muslims.

Can you explain in B a mature and thoughtful way why you think your religion had nothing to do with your decision making process.

These self righteous dickeads have never cared about Arab Christians.. They didn't care about the 50 churches in Bagdad or the Palestinian Christians. The Evangelicals are the worst. Even Dubya showed his colors when he told Chirac he was fighting God and Magog.

And, they don't know anything about the ME or the oil business.

The response that was needed, was Saddam destroying his weapons and providing proof he had done so.
He tried immediately:

Sunday, December 22, 2002 FOX NEWS WASHINGTON — Saddam Hussein's adviser Amir al-Saadi on Sunday invited the CIA to send its agents to Iraq to point out to U.N. inspectors sites the Bush administration suspects of weapons development.

May I butt in here? In a warzone there are no negotiations for contractual services.. Its always COST PLUS. Halliburtonn didn't do anything wrong here..
Yes. I’m not addressing Halliburton’s role or how they get paid. I’m asking Correll if he considered There v potential cost to the tax payers of doing regime change in Iraq and set the Shia up to run a democracy.

@Correl

Our notions of democracy.. our heritage if you will comes out of ancient Greek and Roman experience . The mosque is the center of civic participation in the Muslim world. They do have a consultative government .. In Arabia the King has to have the approval of the tribal leaders, the clergy, the merchant class , the royal family and the technocrats..

Saddam was a secular leader so he lacked that.

Forcing democracy on them is arrogant and dumb as hell. Leave them alone and let them come to it naturally.

It took us a while to become a "democracy".

You did cite polls. And I pointed out that polling is not how we run this country.
Who was expected to pay for your PNAC “Project for a New American Century” $5 trillion neocon warmonger hobby in Iraq? Who was going to Pay Halliburton’s invoices when they took over Iraq? Polling is a way to find out if those who will end up paying your goddamned bills are in agreement before putting boots on the ground to start shooting.
A big part of the argument for war, was that a functioning democracy in the ME would be a powerful ideological challenge to Islamic Extremism.
Did you have the cost assessment from the Bush Administrstion in front of you when you jumped in head first into the March of Folly; Did it hurt when you found out they forgot to fill the pool.

March to folly - The Economic Consequences of a War with Iraq Introduction by William D. Nordhaus, Yale University October 29, 2002.

The first concern is that the Bush administration has made no serious public estimate of the costs of the coming war. The populace and the Congress are unable to make informed judgments about the realistic costs and benefits of the upcoming conflict when none is given.

1. The same people that pay for EVERY government program that every lobby pushes for. That is a weird question.

2. Polling is NOT how we decide who pays what bills. You might want to read up on how representative democracy works.

3. I did not have those numbers, but I, of course considered the cost of the war. That is a weird question.

What is your point to this post? You trying to pretend the fact that tax payers pay for wars is somehow...

what? Are you trying to pretend that...

Seriously wtf are you even talking about?

Democrats were for the war when the public was behind it, and against it when the public got tired of it. Democrats are demagogue scum.

my reply to that lie five years ago;
When you make a false statement no matter how many times you make it, you must be refuted. Don't run away after stating something that is not true.

One month before the invasion all polling indicated that the majority did not support a US invasion without UN authorization. The majority of Americans wanted Bush to give the inspectors more time. That is not a public 'for war' by any means. The percentage of Dems wanting Bush to give more time to inspections was close to 90%.
Same goes to you Correll
3. Bush did not take Saddam up on his offer, because Saddam had exhausted America's patience. No more fucking around. How many times do you need that explained to you.
One month before the invasion all polling indicated that the majority did not support a US invasion without UN authorization. The majority of Americans wanted Bush to give the inspectors more time. That is not a public 'for war' by any means. The percentage of Dems wanting Bush to give more time to inspections was close to 90%. The truth is for the majority of Americans Saddam had not exhausted America's patience at all.

This country is not run by nor defined by polls. That you found some polls that you think support your position mean nothing.

This country is not run by nor defined by polls.
I have never suggested implied or directly stated that our country is run by Polls. In fact the $5 trillion Iraq mistake was a result of the country being run by idiots who did not listen to polls.

Do you understand that I disagree with you?

Yes. You were right. You are a nation building genius. WMD didn’t Matter. You didn’t
care about the WMD charade/ the smokescreen to get the Troops mobilized. Inspectors blah blah bjah - you’ve cant disarm a nation that already was disarmed. The invasion you supported was to kill 500,000 and cost $5 Trillion to establish a Democratic Republic like ours in the center of the Muslim World.

Yeah it’s a disagreement all right. You
think you’re a genius and I know you’re an idiot

Saddam couldn't let Iran know that Iraq was on the ropes.. All Bush's war accomplished was to put Iran in the catbird seat.

That might explain his odd choices, that from here, looked like a man hiding wmds.

It took us a while to become a "democracy".
And I don’t think our Civil War was a prime example of a functioning democracy.

Exactly .. it took us over a thousand years to get there... and even now I wonder if we're there yet. The Trumpies are trying so hard to disenfranchise American voters and flinging lies constantly.

Yes. You were right. You are a nation building genius. WMD didn’t Matter. You didn’t
care about the WMD charade/ the smokescreen to get the Troops mobilized. Inspectors blah blah bjah - you’ve cant disarm a nation that already was disarmed. The invasion you supported was to kill 500,000 and cost $5 Trillion to establish a Democratic Republic like ours in the center of the Muslim World.

Saddam couldn't let Iran know that Iraq was on the ropes.. All Bush's war accomplished was to put Iran in the catbird seat.

That might explain his odd choices, that from here, looked like a man hiding wmds.

Don't you remember when the assholes claimed Saddam was trucking his WMDs back and forth between Sudan and Syria?

Make no mistake Bush/Cheney wanted war at any cost. Why? Not because of oil. The oil business hates a war zone. Read Clean Break Strategy. We did it because that's what Israel wanted.

4. My being a cultural Christian has nothing to do with my logic, or my support of the invasion.
One of the many positive outcomes of your participation in a thread that you complain about and depict quite often to be irrelevant is that you inadvertently bring fresh ideas to the sociological profession as to how and why so many Americans allowed themselves to be lied into supporting a war of choice; lied into supporting a first strike war of preemptive self/defense; lied into supporting a policy of what the Bush Administration has chosen to call “anticipatory self-defense.

So don’t run away because we need a cultural Christian’s perspective and honest opinion and input to find the answer to why so many Americans allowed themselves to be lied into supporting a war of choice.

As a cultural Christian and eventual Trump supporter you said your support pre-invasion and post-invasion TrumpO o use massive amounts of US military force in order to preemptively remove ..... ( not wait for an attack beyond March 17 2003 ) ..... the Sunni regime in Baghdad in order to give the Shia majority that has a religious connection to Iran a chance to establish a functional free and fair Democracy that would provide an ideological challenge to Islamic extremists.

But then you say that being a cultural Christian has nothing to do with your support of preemptive war to force regime change in a nation comprised mostly of Muslims.

Can you explain in a mature and thoughtful way why you think your religion had nothing to do with your decision making process that led you to support the invasion of Iraq.

Do you understand that I, and people like me, disagree with you?

The response that was needed, was Saddam destroying his weapons and providing proof he had done so.
He tried immediately:

Sunday, December 22, 2002 FOX NEWS WASHINGTON — Saddam Hussein's adviser Amir al-Saadi on Sunday invited the CIA to send its agents to Iraq to point out to U.N. inspectors sites the Bush administration suspects of weapons development.

And right there you are. Saddam was willing to let the send agents to place THEY suspected of weapons developments.

What SADDAM needed to do, was send them to where he knew there was weapon development or weapons. That was what was required of him.

One of the many positive outcomes of your participation in a thread that you complain about and depict quite often to be irrelevant is that you inadvertently bring fresh ideas to the sociological profession as to how and why so many Americans allowed themselves to be lied into supporting a war of choice; lied into supporting a first strike war of preemptive self/defense; lied into supporting a policy of what the Bush Administration has chosen to call “anticipatory self-defense.

So don’t run away because we need a cultural Christian’s perspective and honest opinion and input to find the answer to why so many Americans allowed themselves to be lied into supporting a war of choice.

As a cultural Christian and eventual Trump supporter you said your support pre-invasion and post-invasion TrumpO o use massive amounts of US military force in order to preemptively remove ..... ( not wait for an attack beyond March 17 2003 ) ..... the Sunni regime in Baghdad in order to give the Shia majority that has a religious connection to Iran a chance to establish a functional free and fair Democracy that would provide an ideological challenge to Islamic extremists.

But then you say that being a cultural Christian has nothing to do with your support of preemptive war to force regime change in a nation comprised mostly of Muslims.

Can you explain in a mature and thoughtful way why you think your religion had nothing to do with your decision making process that led you to support the invasion of Iraq.

Iraq was CRIPPLED by two decades of war and sanctions before Bush invaded.. This was NEVER about WMDs and EVERYBODY in the ME knew that.

Don't you remember when the assholes claimed Saddam was trucking his WMDs back and forth between Sudan and Syria?

Make no mistake Bush/Cheney wanted war at any cost. Why? Not because of oil. The oil business hates a war zone. Read Clean Break Strategy. We did it because that's what Israel wanted.

People were confused by the inability to find the wmds. Trucking them back and forth was a possible reason for it.

DO you forget that?

I never said it was oil. Save that for someone that says OIL.

Iraq was CRIPPLED by two decades of war and sanctions before Bush invaded.. This was NEVER about WMDs and EVERYBODY in the ME knew that.

What does that have to do with anything I said? Are you just a spam bot?

Even Papa Bush opposed Dubya's invasion of Iraq.

What

Even Papa Bush opposed Dubya's invasion of Iraq.

What does that have to do with anything in my post that you responded to?

Are you just here to spout random shit?

If the polls showed the opposite, would it change your opinion on the war, the decisions made, or Bush himself?

If the polls showed the opposite I could not be here telling you that you are lying when you keep saying that Americans were out of patience and opposed to giving the UN inspectors more time to verify Iraq’s disarmament peacefully with no need for war as Bush said he would do. Exhaust all peaceful means before resorting to war.

Thats it. Thats all the professional serious polling in the run up to the war means to me. If they were flipped I would honestly say based on the facts that you were correct to say that the majority of Americans wanted Bush to stop the inspections so he can start a preemptive war against Iraq while Saddam was cooperating proactively with the inspectors.

So its time you admit that the polls are not flipped and admit that the majority of Americans were not so angry that they wanted Bush to kick UN Weapons inspectors out of Iraq and initiate the Bush Doctrine in Iraq.

Can you do that??

Forum List

Back