Did You Know That Moses Had Two Wives?

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
The Bible is quite a complicated collection of books. (That is a truism.) It is far too complicated for ordinary laymen to know and remember all the details in it. That is why I depend on Bible scholars and research to confirm or explain what I am told or already believe is there.

Another thread here at USMB prompted my researching the question regarding Moses' wives. Here is part of what I found.

Conclusion

Now you know that Moses was in fact married to an Ethiopian, you can go and educate others. Moses’ first wife was Adoniah (Tharbis) and his second wife was Zipporah.

It’s important that we study the scriptures our self, even the scripts we are told are not part of the sixty-six books that we have been left with. If we don’t study then we’re only left with half the truth.

Here’s a little background on Josephus:

Josephus was a devout Jew, who lived just after the death of the Messiah, he had knowledge of all the historical information about Israel.

When we read the bible we see mention of the book of Jasher quoted above, which gives credence to it’s authority (Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18).

Remember the only way to know if scripture is valid is to read it. Hopefully this article has helped clear up the questions you may have had about Moses wives.

Don’t forget to share this with someone that needs it. Shalom!

The Bible is quite a complicated collection of books. (That is a truism.) It is far too complicated for ordinary laymen to know and remember all the details in it. That is why I depend on Bible scholars and research to confirm or explain what I am told or already believe is there.

Another thread here at USMB prompted my researching the question regarding Moses' wives. Here is part of what I found.

Conclusion

Now you know that Moses was in fact married to an Ethiopian, you can go and educate others. Moses’ first wife was Adoniah (Tharbis) and his second wife was Zipporah.

It’s important that we study the scriptures our self, even the scripts we are told are not part of the sixty-six books that we have been left with. If we don’t study then we’re only left with half the truth.

Josephus was a devout Jew, who lived just after the death of the Messiah, he had knowledge of all the historical information about Israel.

When we read the bible we see mention of the book of Jasher quoted above, which gives credence to it’s authority (Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18).yrian.

Remember the only way to know if scripture is valid is to read it. Hopefully this article has helped clear up the questions you may have had about Moses wives.

Abraham had two wives and not Moses. Abraham was Syrian and their custom if the first wife was barren.

Conclusion

When we read the bible we see mention of the book of Jasher quoted above, which gives credence to it’s authority (Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18).

It's an an open opinion.
Some say that when Moshe send Yisro back to Midyan, Tziporah stayed with Moshe and some say not.
Tziporah, being a Midyanite, was Black.

The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.
Some say that when Moshe send Yisro back to Midyan, Tziporah stayed with Moshe and some say not.
Tziporah, being a Midyanite, was Black.

Where is the scripture that says the Midianites were black? On a map they were from Arabia and Arabia wasn't black.

Excerpt:

Most focus on the clear teaching that Moses married Zipporah, a Midianite, during his 40 years in the wilderness (having fled from the presence of Pharaoh). Zipporah was rejoined with Moses early on the Exodus (see Exodus 2:16-22; 18:2-6).

In Numbers 12:1, Moses wife became the apparent reason for Miriam and Aaron's rebellion against Moses.

Numbers 12:1 Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. (NIV)

Here Moses is said to have a wife that is Cushite. This sets the stage for much speculation, including the idea that Moses had two wives. Let's examine the possibilities and factors which weight into any determination.

Midianites predominately came from the eastern side of the Gulf of Aqabah (in the modern area of Saudi Arabia).

Midianites are referred to as shepherds and traders or merchants in the Old Testament (See Genesis 37:28; Exodus 2:16-17). Midian and Moab, to its north, were allied (Numbers 22:4, 7). The Midianites were part of Moab's attempts to corrupt Israel (Numbers 25:1-9). The Midianites were subsequently treated as enemies of Israel (Numbers 31:1-8).

Speaking of the bible and wives... If Adam and Eve were the first people and they had two sons Cain and Able. Where did Cain and Able find their wives.

OIP.NPZeGZjEpKayjdnf_MMbOQHaF7

Speaking of the bible and wives... If Adam and Eve were the first people and they had two sons Cain and Able. Where did Cain and Able find their wives.
Adam had many children. Think it thru

The Bible says Adam was one hundred and thirty years old when Seth was born. He then lived another eight hundred years. God had promised Eve that he would greatly multiply her conception (Genesis 3:16). In fact Jewish tradition states that Adam had 33 sons and 23 daughters! Therefore many people could have existed at the time when Cain killed Abel. It has been conservatively estimated that 32,000 people could have been alive at that time this event occurred

Conclusion

When we read the bible we see mention of the book of Jasher quoted above, which gives credence to it’s authority (Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18).yrian.

Abraham had two wives and not Moses. Abraham was Syrian and their custom if the first wife was barren.

Yep.. Abraham was from Urfa near Haran... They were North Coast Canaanites. See Ras Shamra and the Ugarit tablets.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back