Did You Know That Moses Had Two Wives?

Speaking of the bible and wives... If Adam and Eve were the first people and they had two sons Cain and Able. Where did Cain and Able find their wives.
Maybe this will help.If you are willing.it's a seek/find thing. Not available on farce-book

What's the man's name?

Victor Alexander,old friend of my uncle. Lived around IsNtReal and learned Aramaic(and Hebrew) about 50 years back

Speaking of the bible and wives... If Adam and Eve were the first people and they had two sons Cain and Able. Where did Cain and Able find their wives.
Maybe this will help.If you are willing.it's a seek/find thing. Not available on farce-book

What's the man's name?

Victor Alexander,old friend of my uncle. Lived around IsNtReal and learned Aramaic(and Hebrew) about 50 years back

Thanks. Interesting.

The Bible is quite a complicated collection of books. (That is a truism.) It is far too complicated for ordinary laymen to know and remember all the details in it. That is why I depend on Bible scholars and research to confirm or explain what I am told or already believe is there.

Another thread here at USMB prompted my researching the question regarding Moses' wives. Here is part of what I found.

Conclusion

Now you know that Moses was in fact married to an Ethiopian, you can go and educate others. Moses’ first wife was Adoniah (Tharbis) and his second wife was Zipporah.

It’s important that we study the scriptures our self, even the scripts we are told are not part of the sixty-six books that we have been left with. If we don’t study then we’re only left with half the truth.

Here’s a little background on Josephus:

Josephus was a devout Jew, who lived just after the death of the Messiah, he had knowledge of all the historical information about Israel.

When we read the bible we see mention of the book of Jasher quoted above, which gives credence to it’s authority (Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18).

Remember the only way to know if scripture is valid is to read it. Hopefully this article has helped clear up the questions you may have had about Moses wives.

Don’t forget to share this with someone that needs it. Shalom!
It's an an open opinion.
Some say that when Moshe send Yisro back to Midyan, Tziporah stayed with Moshe and some say not.
Tziporah, being a Midyanite, was Black.

Where is the scripture that says the Midianites were black? On a map they were from Arabia and Arabia wasn't black.
Miriam says Moshe’s wife was black.
If Moshe had only 1 wife, Tzipporah had to be black.

The Bible is quite a complicated collection of books. (That is a truism.) It is far too complicated for ordinary laymen to know and remember all the details in it. That is why I depend on Bible scholars and research to confirm or explain what I am told or already believe is there.

Another thread here at USMB prompted my researching the question regarding Moses' wives. Here is part of what I found.

Conclusion

Now you know that Moses was in fact married to an Ethiopian, you can go and educate others. Moses’ first wife was Adoniah (Tharbis) and his second wife was Zipporah.

It’s important that we study the scriptures our self, even the scripts we are told are not part of the sixty-six books that we have been left with. If we don’t study then we’re only left with half the truth.

Josephus was a devout Jew, who lived just after the death of the Messiah, he had knowledge of all the historical information about Israel.

When we read the bible we see mention of the book of Jasher quoted above, which gives credence to it’s authority (Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18).

Remember the only way to know if scripture is valid is to read it. Hopefully this article has helped clear up the questions you may have had about Moses wives.

It's an an open opinion.
Some say that when Moshe send Yisro back to Midyan, Tziporah stayed with Moshe and some say not.

Where is the scripture that says the Midianites were black? On a map they were from Arabia and Arabia wasn't black.

I can't find that.. Do you have chapter and verse? Moses of the story may have had two wives. .. a Midianite and a Cushite.

What did the Apiru do in Ras Shamra?
The Ras Shamra texts make special mention of the Apiru in reference to runaway slaves. One source mentioned runaway slaves had grown accustomed to finding asylum with the Apiru. Slaves would seek out these Apiru after crossing on the Ras Shamra side of the border with the Hittite Empire.
The Ugarit Texts - History of Israel

www.israel-a-history-of.com/ugarit.html

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.

I can't find that.. Do you have chapter and verse? Moses of the story may have had two wives. .. a Midianite and a Cushite.

The Ras Shamra texts make special mention of the Apiru in reference to runaway slaves. One source mentioned runaway slaves had grown accustomed to finding asylum with the Apiru. Slaves would seek out these Apiru after crossing on the Ras Shamra side of the border with the Hittite Empire.

Cushite in Hebrew means black.

1622811100426.jpeg

Independent

We learn in Numbers that “Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman” (Num. 12:1). A Cushite is from Cush, a region south of Ethiopia, where the people are known for their black skin.

We know this because of Jeremiah 13:23: “Can the Ethiopian [the same Hebrew word translated “Cushite” in Numbers 12:1] change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then also you can do good who are accustomed to do evil.” Attention is drawn to the difference of the skin of the Cushite people.

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.

Really? I thought it meant Ethiopian.

We learn in Numbers that “Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman” (Num. 12:1).

A Cushite is from Cush, a region south of Ethiopia, where the people are known for their black skin. We know this because of Jeremiah 13:23: “Can the Ethiopian [the same Hebrew word translated “Cushite” in Numbers 12:1] change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then also you can do good who are accustomed to do evil.” Attention is drawn to the difference of the skin of the Cushite people.

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.

We learn in Numbers that “Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman” (Num. 12:1).

A Cushite is from Cush, a region south of Ethiopia, where the people are known for their black skin. We know this because of Jeremiah 13:23: “Can the Ethiopian [the same Hebrew word translated “Cushite” in Numbers 12:1] change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then also you can do good who are accustomed to do evil.” Attention is drawn to the difference of the skin of the Cushite people.
What color are Ethiopians?
I’ve seen a few myself.
Ethiopians got their name from their color.

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.

I’ve seen a few myself.

Midianites are Arabs.

OIP.rXEVjSnB0ld5Z-fPiIlnpAHaG3

Midian was the son of Abraham and Keturah. His five sons, Ephah, Epher, Hanoch, Abidah (R. V. "Abida"), and Eldaah, were the progenitors of the Midianites (Gen. xxv. 1-4; I Chron. i. 32-33).

Conclusion

When we read the bible we see mention of the book of Jasher quoted above, which gives credence to it’s authority (Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18).yrian.

Abraham had two wives and not Moses. Abraham was Syrian and their custom if the first wife was barren.

Abraham had three wives... Sara, Hagar and Keturah.

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.

I’ve seen a few myself.

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.

I’ve seen a few myself.

Good…now post both opinions.
Personally, I couldn’t care less.

Conclusion

It's an an open opinion.

I’ve seen a few myself.

Good…now post both opinions.
Personally, I couldn’t care less.

Chabad says dark skinned.

To suggest that it takes some elite with a special education to read and comprehend text that by majority is translated into 8th grade comprehension skill level is absurd. The scriptures are where doctrine is established.......a doctrine that builds faith. What kind of FAITH to you have if you must depend upon the private translation of some person professing to be your superior? God is not the author of Confusion. He makes it clear that you can read and comprehend the scriptures.....all it takes is personal study to make one approved of God. There is no need to be ASHAMED.

"Study to show yourself approved unto God; a workman that needth not be ashamed; rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15. We are told that when we read what is written within the revealed word of God; WE MAY UNDERSTAND IT. (Eph. 3:4) And we are told that God DESIRES we all come to the knowledge of the truth (not a few elite that reserve private interpretation)......but WE ALL. (1 Tim. 2:3,4)

If God commands that WE ALL come to the knowledge of the truth........why are you attempting to limit KNOWLEGE as being reserved for just a few self professed elites? That is exactly why the Crusades and the Inquisitions occurred......the elite within the Catholic Church (that controlled all state governments) made it illegal for anyone to even possess a copy of the Holy Sciptures........made it illegal to read from them in anything other than a dead language (LATIN) that one had to study many years simply to get a rudimentary understanding.

"

The most important thing to consider when reading from the scriptures is comprehending the fact that simply because something is found in the Holy Scriptures is no indication that God approves of everything recorded......as the Holy Scriptures are in fact a history, they include the good, the bad and the ugly in revealing that history. All TRUTH.

For example the practice of having multiple wives: It was a prevalent (common place) practice)....but the scriptures do not glorify that practice or use it as a symbolism for success. Abraham had a wife (Sarah) and a concubine (lover.....Hagar) who was constantly fighting with Sarah (Gen. 16:4-6, 21:9-10). Jacob also had to deal with jealousy, disputes and rivalry between his wives who were also sisters. (Gen. 29:32; 30:16-18). Thus, Jacob did not treat his wives as equals (Gen. 29:30-31).......then we have the circumstance of one of the wisest men in the old testament .....Solomon, his wives lead him away from serving God. (1 Kings 11:1-6).

All throughout the Old Testament we find examples of men engaging in practices that God did not necessarily condone......but because the practice was prevalent....God would regulate it. Its clear the scriptures teach that marriage is between one man and one woman as approved by God. In the beginning God said, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife (singular).....AND THEY SHALL BECOME "ONE FLESH)" -- Gen. 2:24. Not 3,4 or more........but the 2 shall become 1 flesh. Just as the Christ pointed out concerning marriage, when He referenced Genesis 2:24 and made it clear.........marriage is between one man and one woman (Matt. 19:4-6)

Multiple wives is much like the prevalent practice of DIVORCE.....God did not condone it but........"The Lord God of Israel says that He hates divorce...........(Malachi 2:16) and the Christ points out, "Moses (not God.....but Moses, a personal law from Moses) because of the hardness of your heart, permitted you to divorce your wives, BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO." -- Matt. 19:8.

In the beginning God defined marriage as one man and one woman becoming ONE FLESH. (Genesis 2:24)

Just because "MAN and his laws" allow a prevalent practice is no indication that God approves. Its simply an accurate history. What other book about another nation would reveal all the skeleton's hidden in the people's closets? The Holy Scriptures presents TRUTH as its found. Both righteous and unrighteous. Right and Wrong. Good and Evil. We are made in the image of God in being able to freely choose our own faiths. By majority mankind chooses errantly from the will of God.

Last edited:
To suggest that it takes some elite with a special education to read and comprehend text that by majority is translated into 8th grade comprehension skill level is absurd. The scriptures are where doctrine is established.......a doctrine that builds faith. What kind of FAITH to you have if you must depend upon the private translation of some person professing to be your superior? God is not the author of Confusion. He makes it clear that you can read and comprehend the scriptures.....all it takes is personal study to make one approved of God. There is no need to be ASHAMED.

"Study to show yourself approved unto God; a workman that needth not be ashamed; rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15. We are told that when we read what is written within the revealed word of God; WE MAY UNDERSTAND IT. (Eph. 3:4) And we are told that God DESIRES we all come to the knowledge of the truth (not a few elite that reserve private interpretation)......but WE ALL. (1 Tim. 2:3,4)

If God commands that WE ALL come to the knowledge of the truth........why are you attempting to limit KNOWLEGE as being reserved for just a few self professed elites? That is exactly why the Crusades and the Inquisitions occurred......the elite within the Catholic Church (that controlled all state governments) made it illegal for anyone to even possess a copy of the Holy Sciptures........made it illegal to read from them in anything other than a dead language (LATIN) that one had to study many years simply to get a rudimentary understanding.

"

The most important thing to consider when reading from the scriptures is comprehending the fact that simply because something is found in the Holy Scriptures is no indication that God approves of everything recorded......as the Holy Scriptures are in fact a history, they include the good, the bad and the ugly in revealing that history. All TRUTH.

For example the practice of having multiple wives: It was a prevalent (common place) practice)....but the scriptures do not glorify that practice or use it as a symbolism for success. Abraham had a wife (Sarah) and a concubine (lover.....Hagar) who was constantly fighting with Sarah (Gen. 16:4-6, 21:9-10). Jacob also had to deal with jealousy, disputes and rivalry between his wives who were also sisters. (Gen. 29:32; 30:16-18). Thus, Jacob did not treat his wives as equals (Gen. 29:30-31).......then we have the circumstance of one of the wisest men in the old testament .....Solomon, his wives lead him away from serving God. (1 Kings 11:1-6).

All throughout the Old Testament we find examples of men engaging in practices that God did not necessarily condone......but because the practice was prevalent....God would regulate it. Its clear the scriptures teach that marriage is between one man and one woman as approved by God. In the beginning God said, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife (singular).....AND THEY SHALL BECOME "ONE FLESH)" -- Gen. 2:24. Not 3,4 or more........but the 2 shall become 1 flesh. Just as the Christ pointed out concerning marriage, when He referenced Genesis 2:24 and made it clear.........marriage is between one man and one woman (Matt. 19:4-6)

Multiple wives is much like the prevalent practice of DIVORCE.....God did not condone it but........"The Lord God of Israel says that He hates divorce...........(Malachi 2:16) and the Christ points out, "Moses (not God.....but Moses, a personal law from Moses) because of the hardness of your heart, permitted you to divorce your wives, BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO." -- Matt. 19:8.

In the beginning God defined marriage as one man and one woman becoming ONE FLESH. (Genesis 2:24)

Just because "MAN and his laws" allow a prevalent practice is no indication that God approves. Its simply an accurate history. What other book about another nation would reveal all the skeleton's hidden in the people's closets? The Holy Scriptures presents TRUTH as its found. Both righteous and unrighteous. Right and Wrong. Good and Evil. We are made in the image of God in being able to freely choose our own faiths. By majority mankind chooses errantly from the will of God.

Futurism and Scofield are fairly new.. like 1840s. It made headway during the Dust Bowl years and the Depression and then got a boost in the 1970s from the prophet Hal Lindsey. Its pretty much the basis for Dominionism and Dispensationalism.

Futurism and Scofield are fairly new.. like 1840s. It made headway during the Dust Bowl years and the Depression and then got a boost in the 1970s from the prophet Hal Lindsey. Its pretty much the basis for Dominionism and Dispensationalism
All of this is the rantings of MEN.
True Christian's look to the SCRIPTURES. Those who go on and on about "doninionism," "dispensationalism," and all the other nonsense have left the TRUNK IF THE TREE and wander around on all the branches.

Stick with the words of Jesus, the apostles and the prophets. The rest is nonsense

A true Christian will simply SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES to learn what Christ, the apostles, and the prophets say on these matters. Iserously couldnt care less what anyone else's opinion happens to be

Forum List

Back