Desantis signs bill into LAW to not teach sex ed to children 5-8 years old in Florida

People who have children are dumber? Ever tell your parents about that?

Yes, when you pay somebody to do a job, you have the right to tell them what you expect. If you hire a lawn care service and tell them you want the grass no shorter than three inches, they better cut it that way or you'll find somebody else to do the job the way you want it done.

Taxpayers and parents pay that teacher. They pay the administration. They pay for the utilities of that building. They pay for the maintenance and repair for that school, so they certainly have the right to tel the teachers what they can and can't teach.
Maybe you think parents have a right to demand a lousy education for their kids but the state would like to get a degree earner every now and then.

This isn't the only republican attack on the teaching profession. Still havn't figured out why republicans are trying to make it a thankless dead-end job that is not worth the loans it takes to become one.
Since when is anal sex part of “The ThreeRs”?

Since when is anal sex part of “The ThreeRs”?
I don't give a shit about the latest disingenuous right wing moral panic. Teachers have been under attack from the right for years now and I am amazed anyone would be a teacher in a red state right now. What a shitty life it must be to teach kids that are afraid to be smarter than their stupid parents.

Maybe you think parents have a right to demand a lousy education for their kids but the state would like to get a degree earner every now and then.

How is not teaching single digit aged children adult topics a lousy education? Years ago when I was in school they didn't even mention sex until we were past puberty, and that was only because it was part of the Health class.

Getting a degree doesn't make anybody a better judge on what kids need to learn. As I mentioned before, we pay the most money per capita for education and have only mediocre results to show for it. We import workers from other countries that concentrated their efforts on subjects like math, science and computers. Our teachers have plenty of real subjects to catch up on.

Oh yeah? What if the sex class is being taught to first graders like you degenerates want?

Nobody is teaching kids sex in the first grade.

Then show me where it discusses homosexuality. It's a bill to ban all teaching of all sexuality for children between kindergarten and second grade.
Right. That's the problem, it's very vague and uses lawsuits as it's enforcement mechanism.

If you want an example of why this is bad, I give you the Americans With Disabilities Act. Well intentioned, sure. But vague. It calls for "reasonable accommodations". Well, what's reasonable? The end result is that employers are LESS inclined to hire people with disabilities now.

Because when we were kids we lived in a God fearing society, where if you messed with somebody's kid, Dad would beat you to near death with a baseball bat and the neighbors may join in. Then liberalism plagued our country and you've been promoting perversion ever since.

Nope. It's just that a sensationalist media made parents more afraid. Not because anyone was really afraid of an imaginary pixie in the sky.

But you just admitted you missed the good old days of lynching, right?

How is not teaching single digit aged children adult topics a lousy education? Years ago when I was in school they didn't even mention sex until we were past puberty, and that was only because it was part of the Health class.

And that was about the same time that teenage pregnancy started shooting through the roof.

So as much as you guys complain about teaching sex ed in the schools and controverting the wishes of parents... um, actually, they've done a pretty good job. Very few girls are screwing up their lives with an unwanted pregnancy.

1649461682316.png

This isn't the only republican attack on the teaching profession. Still havn't figured out why republicans are trying to make it a thankless dead-end job that is not worth the loans it takes to become one.

I can't speak for other areas, but here, people are dying to get teachers jobs. We have more teachers than we know what to do with. It's a job where you only work most of the year with great benefits, a summer long vacation where the heaviest thing you have to lift is a brief case. If it were a job from hell, we would be short on teachers.

Getting a degree doesn't make anybody a better judge on what kids need to learn. As I mentioned before, we pay the most money per capita for education and have only mediocre results to show for it. We import workers from other countries that concentrated their efforts on subjects like math, science and computers. Our teachers have plenty of real subjects to catch up on.

We import those people because they work cheap...

I thought you were smart enough to spot a made up issue to get the idiots screaming about a problem that doesn't exist. Oh well.

I can't speak for other areas, but here, people are dying to get teachers jobs. We have more teachers than we know what to do with. It's a job where you only work most of the year with great benefits, a summer long vacation where the heaviest thing you have to lift is a brief case. If it were a job from hell, we would be short on teachers.

Except we are short on teachers.

(Ray will take one sentence out of context and claim it doesn't say what it says.)

But it gets worse. A lot of people get into teaching and quit only after a few years, because the job IS a lot harder than they make it out to be. Let's be honest, children are demanding. It's why we want schools to take them off our hands for six hours a day. Imagine being stuck in a room with 30 of them. The thing that got everyone upset during TRUMP PLAGUE)TM) was that they had to keep the little darlings home with them.

And that was about the same time that teenage pregnancy started shooting through the roof.

So as much as you guys complain about teaching sex ed in the schools and controverting the wishes of parents... um, actually, they've done a pretty good job. Very few girls are screwing up their lives with an unwanted pregnancy.

View attachment 627994

And this happened how, by teaching them a guy can be a girl by simply putting on a dress? The issue is not teaching kids about sex ed, the issue is teaching it to kids that have no idea WTF you're even talking about while inserting their "preferences" in an attempt to brainwash them from five years old on. Now the Florida legislatures say no, the parents support it, and you lost the battle.

(Ray will take one sentence out of context and claim it doesn't say what it says.)

But it gets worse. A lot of people get into teaching and quit only after a few years, because the job IS a lot harder than they make it out to be. Let's be honest, children are demanding. It's why we want schools to take them off our hands for six hours a day. Imagine being stuck in a room with 30 of them. The thing that got everyone upset during TRUMP PLAGUE)TM) was that they had to keep the little darlings home with them.

You mean like they do all summer?

People were upset because we were paying teachers while they were not working. The filthy corrupt union kept pushing for taxpayers to continue it as long as possible. If a working mother is paying thousands of dollars a year to a school that's not teaching their kids, they have every right to be upset, especially when it's interfering with their profession or job.

As for your link, it's about somebody selling a book that makes projections in the future and not what's happening today.

Nobody is teaching kids sex in the first grade.

If that's the case, this law shouldn't bother you in the least because that's all it does--ban teachers from discussing or teaching kids about sex

Right. That's the problem, it's very vague and uses lawsuits as it's enforcement mechanism.

If you want an example of why this is bad, I give you the Americans With Disabilities Act. Well intentioned, sure. But vague. It calls for "reasonable accommodations". Well, what's reasonable? The end result is that employers are LESS inclined to hire people with disabilities now.

I don't know what one has to do with the other, but nobody is going to get sued unless a school decides they are going to ignore the law and teach kids what they want.

Nope. It's just that a sensationalist media made parents more afraid. Not because anyone was really afraid of an imaginary pixie in the sky.

But you just admitted you missed the good old days of lynching, right?

When did I say that? You know you leftists don't need legalized pot. You live in an imaginary world any way. When we were kids we didn't have perverts trying to have sex with us. Today human trafficking is a huge problem in the US. We didn't have people putting razor blades in candy either at Hallopween when we were kids. Parents assumed the safety of their children. Now you got to watch your child every second and now in the schools as well.

I don't give a shit about the latest disingenuous right wing moral panic. Teachers have been under attack from the right for years now and I am amazed anyone would be a teacher in a red state right now. What a shitty life it must be to teach kids that are afraid to be smarter than their stupid parents.
So you once again have no answer.

What a moron.

And you think allowing teachers to indoctrinate 5 year olds into certain sexual proclivities will help recruit more teachers?

Kinda proves the premise this is what you clowns want, huh?

It's been the government's job for longer than we have been alive. Most parents absolutely refuse to discuss sexuality with their kids in any form. Never really figured that one out. I know it's awkward but so is a pregnant teenaged daughter. They are intensely curious and will turn to anyone willing to give them answers. Better it's a teacher than the creepy uncle or the neighborhood molester.
Sounds like the teachers are the CREEPY ones and the molestors.....

And this happened how, by teaching them a guy can be a girl by simply putting on a dress? The issue is not teaching kids about sex ed, the issue is teaching it to kids that have no idea WTF you're even talking about while inserting their "preferences" in an attempt to brainwash them from five years old on. Now the Florida legislatures say no, the parents support it, and you lost the battle.

Your argument is that schools have no business teaching sex ed. I demonstrated the value of them doing so in that teenage pregnancy has plummeted since the 1960's as a social ill. This is a positive development. So will teaching children not to be homophobic or racist or transphobic.

People were upset because we were paying teachers while they were not working. The filthy corrupt union kept pushing for taxpayers to continue it as long as possible. If a working mother is paying thousands of dollars a year to a school that's not teaching their kids, they have every right to be upset, especially when it's interfering with their profession or job.

Except the teachers were working... they were continuing to give classes on line.
If your kids aren't learning at the school provided, that's kind of on you. You guys talk about school choice, but the end of the day, people who spend their own money are committed and make sure their kids do the work.

If that's the case, this law shouldn't bother you in the least because that's all it does--ban teachers from discussing or teaching kids about sex

Except that's not what it does. It allows any Christian Karen to sue the school district over anything she doesn't like. "They told you about Sally's Two Mommies at Show and Tell! I'm suing! How dare Sally think her moms are equal to me!"
"Have another beer, Mom!"

I don't know what one has to do with the other, but nobody is going to get sued unless a school decides they are going to ignore the law and teach kids what they want.

Wow, you really believe that? Hey, maybe you should check out all the businesses who have to deal with nuscience lawsuits under the ADA.

The town I just moved out of voted down a drug treatment facility, on the very sensible grounds that their 11 person police force and one ambulance can't handle the stress of 200+ recovering drug addicts added into the mix. The people who are trying to open that facility are now suing under the ADA and they'll probably win.

When did I say that? You know you leftists don't need legalized pot. You live in an imaginary world any way. When we were kids we didn't have perverts trying to have sex with us. Today human trafficking is a huge problem in the US. We didn't have people putting razor blades in candy either at Hallopween when we were kids. Parents assumed the safety of their children. Now you got to watch your child every second and now in the schools as well.

Razors in the candy is a myth. We probably had just as many perverts back then as we do now. What we didn't have back then was media amplifying the incidents, so the whole country knows about one backwater town.

Forum List

Back