Democrats: You're not there yet.

I'm not an expert but there are results proving it to be viable treatment, not a cure, but a treatment. I'm not sure if it is good or not but some doctors are having success.

I need something a little more serious than the Country Music Radio station, thanks.

Good for you, if you get the virus, which I hope you don’t, then you can tell them ahead of time that you don’t want the malaria drug no matter how bad you get because of your politics.
People want the right drug.

There is conflicting information on whether the malaria drug does more harm than good.

I would rather trust my doctor than Trumps daily misinformation

I’m not saying it is right or wrong, there are people that were near death that have survived. Many doctors said they will use it. It is alternative to death. If given the choice between death and a drug that may or may not work, are you going to choose death? Ideally, I would take a drug that worked 100% but we don’t have that.

I'm not an expert but there are results proving it to be viable treatment, not a cure, but a treatment. I'm not sure if it is good or not but some doctors are having success.

I need something a little more serious than the Country Music Radio station, thanks.

Good for you, if you get the virus, which I hope you don’t, then you can tell them ahead of time that you don’t want the malaria drug no matter how bad you get because of your politics.
People want the right drug.

There is conflicting information on whether the malaria drug does more harm than good.

I would rather trust my doctor than Trumps daily misinformation

So who do you think makes that decision whether or not to take it, Trump?

The RW media got it terribly wrong.
They did their viewers a disservice by minimizing the threat at a critical time.

Rather than admit they got it wrong. They are rewriting history

They didn't say what was going to happen, they can only state what they think is going to happen, or report on what's happening at the time. It's called an opinion.

Did the left wing media ever apologize for saying Trump was colluding with Russia? Kavanaugh tried to rape a woman, or several? Did they ever offer an apology for predicting Trump would take us into a recession as soon as he took office?

It may not save every business, but the hope is it will save most. The longer this goes on, the less that's likely to happen. Small businesses are Americas top employers.

They are also the shittiest people to work for. First company I joined when I got out of the army, shitty pay, shitty benefits, high attrition rate. Nope, not going to see me weep for small businesses who got "Darwined" out of the economy by Covid-19. [/Quote]

I have worked most my life in small businesses and I worked for big corporations and I’ll take small businesses anyday.

I am the third highest paid employee at the company and I am still working. The owner is working at keeping his workers. I don’t know of any small business where what you claim is going on. I though have always vetted who I worked for.

Your sending resumes out on yourself tells me you are a worker that hates work and are only in it for the money, which is why you attract shitty employers.

They did their viewers a disservice by minimizing the threat at a critical time.

They didn't say what was going to happen, they can only state what they think is going to happen, or report on what's happening at the time. It's called an opinion.

Did the left wing media ever apologize for saying Trump was colluding with Russia? Kavanaugh tried to rape a woman, or several? Did they ever offer an apology for predicting Trump would take us into a recession as soon as he took office?
Their opinion was dead wrong.

People took their advice that this virus was no big deal. Like a common cold, less serious than the flu, there will be no spread.

At a time we needed to shut down the spread, the RW media was encouraging people to spread it

It may not save every business, but the hope is it will save most. The longer this goes on, the less that's likely to happen. Small businesses are Americas top employers.

They are also the shittiest people to work for. First company I joined when I got out of the army, shitty pay, shitty benefits, high attrition rate. Nope, not going to see me weep for small businesses who got "Darwined" out of the economy by Covid-19.

I have worked most my life in small businesses and I worked for big corporations and I’ll take small businesses anyday.

I am the third highest paid employee at the company and I am still working. The owner is working at keeping his workers. I don’t know of any small business where what you claim is going on. I though have always vetted who I worked for.

Your sending resumes out on yourself tells me you are a worker that hates work and are only in it for the money, which is why you attract shitty employers.
[/QUOTE]

By his own admission, Joe never got along well with his superiors. I don't care how good of a resume you have, a crappy attitude at work follows you a long way.

An employer pays you to do X work, not constantly challenge your superiors, not tell the company what they are doing wrong, not acting like you know everything, not always complaining you aren't paid enough. An employers attitude is, if you don't like the way we do things here, open up your own shop and do things your own way.

Not that it's a bad thing if you have a better idea, but you offer the idea, not insist it be followed. That's a companies decision.

In my last job, I told my employer one time what I thought was wrong with the company. He told me he pays me to drive, and not to tell him what he's doing wrong. Fine with me. I never said a word about it since. If you have all the great ideas, it's your company--not mine.

People took their advice that this virus was no big deal. Like a common cold, less serious than the flu, there will be no spread.

At a time we needed to shut down the spread, the RW media was encouraging people to spread it

So was Piglosi. So did DeBlahzio, so did a lot of people.

We can't shutdown the country every Fn time there is some minute threat. Did we shut down the country over AIDS? Did we shutdown the country over SARS? Did we shutdown the country over Ebola? West Niles?

A lot of information was kept from the US in order to label it as a serious threat. Had we known, we would have done things much differently. The WHO was lagging, China was lying, and still lying to us today, and we didn't realize it was a serious issue until it started to spread like wildfire. There was nothing anybody could do.

So was Piglosi. So did DeBlahzio, so did a lot of people.

We can't shutdown the country every Fn time there is some minute threat. Did we shut down the country over AIDS? Did we shutdown the country over SARS? Did we shutdown the country over Ebola? West Niles?

A lot of information was kept from the US in order to label it as a serious threat. Had we known, we would have done things much differently. The WHO was lagging, China was lying, and still lying to us today, and we didn't realize it was a serious issue until it started to spread like wildfire. There was nothing anybody could do.
Show me where they compared it to the common cold, called it a hoax

We shut down the country for a reason, not on a whim
The RW media mocked it

Absolutely correct, it will depend on a lot of factors. But two scenarios here:

One is that it goes as I think, and we are on our way to a recovery. Why would you vote for Biden at that point?

Because Trump was the guy who crashed the economy to start with, and yeah, he's also a repulsive troll no one really wanted to start with. Biden was beating him before this broke out.

The other is our economy is still having difficulties because the virus resurfaced. Why would you want anybody but Trump to handle that problem?

Because Trump doesn't know what the fuck he is doing, that's kind of obvious.

Unlike economies that depend on decisions like the housing market, few blame the President for something beyond our control. The left were trying to pin 911 on GW, and it didn't work. He won reelection. If Bill Clinton could have run for a third term, he might just have won that too, in spite of that recession.

9/11 was a foreign attack. If anything, the Democrats treated him with kid's gloves, even after he lied us into a war in Iraq. (It didn't help leading Democrats wrote him a blank check).

But let's look at that. 2004, Bush had an ongoing war (we've never voted out an incumbent in a war), an economy that didn't totally suck, and probably the worst candidate the Democrats could have run in wartime. And he still only barely won by 1%.

Trump has a pandemic caused by his incompetence, a wrecked economy, and an opponent who is widely liked and respected.

He's toast, buddy.

Voters realize that a President is not control of every single event in this country. Nobody ever dreamed of airplanes being hijacked and flown into buildings. Nobody ever thought that some maniac would load a van full of fertilizer and blow up a federal building. You can't blame a President for the downfall after a technology boom.

Again- it's all timing. Gore won the popular vote in 2000, because the economy was awesome and despite Clinton's scandals. But there were a full three years between 9/11 and the 2004 election. While Bush really did do some fucked up things, he also unified the country. In short, he displayed empathy in a way Trump can't, because Trump is a malignant narcissist. It's why his poll numbers are already heading south.

No matter what, I don't think anybody other than the left is going to try and blame President Trump for an unstoppable worldwide virus.

Really?

Whoops.

I wouldn't want anyone who supports Trump's quackery working on me, thanks.

The auto industry, the hotel industry, tourism, airlines, restaurants, furniture sales, construction, concert venues, sporting arenas, real estate, resorts where 80% of there sales are in the summer, Amtrak, you name it, they are all in trouble. We are now in a world wide recession and heading for a depression.

yes, we are.. Thanks Trump.

Wrong. Minimum wage workers represent 3% to 5% of our workforce. They are mostly jobs that are taken by teens, retired people bored with sitting around the house, housewives working through the school season until their kids get out for summer vacation, and perhaps college students. They are not there to support a family of five.

You miss the point that .05 over minimum is still not a living wage. In fact, a living wage is about $15.00 an hour. In fact, 44% of Americans are "low wage workers".

And this was before Trump crashed the economy.

Increasing minimum wage sets off a domino effect. We learned that in our union years. That's why all our products are made overseas today. You can't just increase wages on one group of people. Everybody else will want more money as well.

And that would be a bad thing, why? Here's an idea. Let's link exectuive pay to worker pay. The CEO can only make 10 times what the lowest paid employee makes. Done.

Socialsim is the attempt to make people as equal as possible. That's not what's happening here.

Sure it is... We are taking money from one group and giving it to another. You know, instead of letting the Holy Market pick "winners" and "losers".

Okay, so you get the interview, and then the HR person or employer realizes your resume was a fairy tale. Now what?

First, HR People are largely morons.

Second, I'm the first one to admit the system is broken. We make decisions to take jobs or hire people based on a resume (probably written by someone else) and one or two interviews. Then they select the person they think they can get cheapest.

Can't tell you how many people I've worked with who had awesome resumes and interviewed well, but turned out to be complete knobs when you stuck them in a cubicle. that said, I think there are no really bad employees, there are just bad managers, bad hires and bad corporate cultures.

It's not designed to help each and every business, just the businesses in distress. Much of it are loan guarantees that will have to be paid back. It is not a constitutional obligation to save those businesses, but the Constitution left it up to the Congress to determine taxation and spending. In reality, this is actually the Democrat stimulus since all spending bills must originate in the House as outlined in the Constitution.

Why should the government be helping businesses in distress. If you didn't run your business well enough to withstand a couple weeks of shutdown, that's on YOU buddy.

Because Trump was the guy who crashed the economy to start with, and yeah, he's also a repulsive troll no one really wanted to start with. Biden was beating him before this broke out.

No, Trump didn't crash anything. That's in your head. Let's say he somehow had a crystal ball, and closed the economy down a month earlier. Do you think we would be in any different position than today?

Logical people understand that a worldwide pandemic is not the fault of a US President.

Because Trump doesn't know what the fuck he is doing, that's kind of obvious.

And that's why all the numbers predicted are dropping rapidly. That's why he got the Army Corps of Engineers to build hospital rooms in record amount of time. He's got every industry that could be remotely related to this problem working 24/7.

Trump has a pandemic caused by his incompetence, a wrecked economy, and an opponent who is widely liked and respected.

He's toast, buddy.

Bring it on.

Do you feel lucky.jpeg

Again- it's all timing. Gore won the popular vote in 2000, because the economy was awesome and despite Clinton's scandals. But there were a full three years between 9/11 and the 2004 election. While Bush really did do some fucked up things, he also unified the country. In short, he displayed empathy in a way Trump can't, because Trump is a malignant narcissist. It's why his poll numbers are already heading south.

Well guess what, winning the popular vote gets you a bagel and a small coffee. Now go celebrate.

Whoops what? Her husband is the most anti-Trump person around. He was pissed because Trump didn't choose him for his administration. He probably chose Kellyanne to add insult to injury.

Actually, I've found exactly the opposite. The worst companies to work for are the ones who are small businesses, or businesses where most of the management positions are held by relatives.

The two best companies I worked for were Japanese and British, respectively.

Actually, I sent out resumes at THAT time because - get this- the company was in discussions about being sold. The one thing I've found is that when you get new owners, they want to bring in new people.

And this was one of the better companies.

If you aren't constantly sending out resumes and keeping your options open, you are doing it wrong. That's the one thing I figured out in 2008, when my Romney Loving Boss used the recession to screw his long term employees and boasted, "That's why I'm glad I don't have to deal with a union".

By his own admission, Joe never got along well with his superiors. I don't care how good of a resume you have, a crappy attitude at work follows you a long way.

An employer pays you to do X work, not constantly challenge your superiors, not tell the company what they are doing wrong, not acting like you know everything, not always complaining you aren't paid enough. An employers attitude is, if you don't like the way we do things here, open up your own shop and do things your own way.

Well, we could all be like you, be a little bitch, bend over and take it up the ass when your boss steals your health insurance (don't worry, you'll blame the black guy, because that's what a racist does).

Now, going back to that first job after the Army. Um, yeah, that was probably the last time I bothered to tell an employer they were doing it wrong. They were out of business completely by a year after I left. You can't fix stupid, but man, Have I seen a lot of stupid management in my career.

No, Trump didn't crash anything. That's in your head. Let's say he somehow had a crystal ball, and closed the economy down a month earlier. Do you think we would be in any different position than today?

He could have fixed it without closing down the economy, that's the point. He could have made sure that the country was ready to isolate outbreaks. This is what South Korea did, this is what Germany did, and they haven't had anywhere near the numbers of cases or deaths we've had, despite having closer economic ties with China.

And that's why all the numbers predicted are dropping rapidly. That's why he got the Army Corps of Engineers to build hospital rooms in record amount of time. He's got every industry that could be remotely related to this problem working 24/7.

Okay, that has little to do with Trump. The fact is, the government itself is very good at what it does. The problem was, these things all should have been done in January, not the end of March.

Oh, the US just passed up Italy. We NOW have the most deaths from the virus than any other country. "we're number one! we're number one!"

The auto industry, the hotel industry, tourism, airlines, restaurants, furniture sales, construction, concert venues, sporting arenas, real estate, resorts where 80% of there sales are in the summer, Amtrak, you name it, they are all in trouble. We are now in a world wide recession and heading for a depression.

Had Trump shut down earlier or later a shut down either way destroys the economy. Your obsession blaming him either way is just you being you.

Actually, I've found exactly the opposite. The worst companies to work for are the ones who are small businesses, or businesses where most of the management positions are held by relatives.

The two best companies I worked for were Japanese and British, respectively.

Actually, I sent out resumes at THAT time because - get this- the company was in discussions about being sold. The one thing I've found is that when you get new owners, they want to bring in new people.

And this was one of the better companies.

If you aren't constantly sending out resumes and keeping your options open, you are doing it wrong. That's the one thing I figured out in 2008, when my Romney Loving Boss used the recession to screw his long term employees and boasted, "That's why I'm glad I don't have to deal with a union".

Yeah, I like my job and love doing what I do and who I work for, I’m appreciated and comped well for my efforts and skill. If I want another job, I know I’m well liked and well skilled. I can get a job with almost any company in my industry.

Had Trump shut down earlier or later a shut down either way destroys the economy. Your obsession blaming him either way is just you being you.
Any way you look at it......It is Trumps economy

He was willing to ride to victory based on a strong economy. He will fall in defeat with a crashed economy.

Forum List

Back