Democrats: You're not there yet.

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT

Democrats: In order to defeat Donald Trump, you need 2 things: 1. To expose Trump's weaknesses, and make a case that he is unfit for office, and 2. Make a good case for why your candidate is better. Well....you've made some progress with item 1. No so, with item 2. Joe Biden may be pretty smart and reasonably qualified, but he, like Al Gore in 2000 is about as interesting as a sack of lawn fertilizer. You're not there yet Democrats. Joe Biden is going to have to do something to ignite the Democratic base, or Donald Trump will waltz into a 2nd term.
I haven’t heard nearly enough about how important trump not get to replace rbg on the Supreme Court. Do we want that conservative of a court?
the SC isnt supposed to be liberal or conservative , its supposed to be constitutional,,,

Which it is now. How many times have Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and especially Roberts disappointed Republican voters?
I'm not a republican,,,

I didn't say you were. What I was pointing out is that Republican President choices for the SC did not result in a Republican court. Many times it shifts the liberal way. I disagree with their decisions, but having Trump elect more judges are no threat to the left in any way or from as we have seen.
since you put it that way,,,I couldnt agree more,,,
the republicans have never given us anything other than democrat light policies and solutions,,
Oh they aren’t conservative enough for you?

Youre a republican don’t deny. You vote gop right? You voted for trump and bush?

Or maybe you live in a really red state that affords you the luxury of voting libertarian?

pfft
I'm a rational anarchist that has compromised and accepted the constitution,,,
and after 35 yrs of voting never voted for a dem or repube at the fed level,,,
What state do you live in?
state of confusion mostly,,,

why does it matter???

Democrats: In order to defeat Donald Trump, you need 2 things: 1. To expose Trump's weaknesses, and make a case that he is unfit for office, and 2. Make a good case for why your candidate is better. Well....you've made some progress with item 1. No so, with item 2. Joe Biden may be pretty smart and reasonably qualified, but he, like Al Gore in 2000 is about as interesting as a sack of lawn fertilizer. You're not there yet Democrats. Joe Biden is going to have to do something to ignite the Democratic base, or Donald Trump will waltz into a 2nd term.
I haven’t heard nearly enough about how important trump not get to replace rbg on the Supreme Court. Do we want that conservative of a court?
the SC isnt supposed to be liberal or conservative , its supposed to be constitutional,,,

Which it is now. How many times have Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and especially Roberts disappointed Republican voters?
I'm not a republican,,,

I didn't say you were. What I was pointing out is that Republican President choices for the SC did not result in a Republican court. Many times it shifts the liberal way. I disagree with their decisions, but having Trump elect more judges are no threat to the left in any way or from as we have seen.
the republicans have never given us anything other than democrat light policies and solutions,,

Well I think when it comes to judges, these people put on an act to get the nomination portraying themselves as real conservatives. Roberts? He was nominated by Bush who was never really considered a conservative. It's my understanding that President Trump confided in the Heritage Foundation for their advice on who he should consider.
You guys loved the heritage foundation back in the 2000s. And yes bush was a total conservative. What was he liberal about?

Youre trying to move the bar to the right. Next thing you’ll tell me is McCain was a liberal.

I'm not a republican,,,

Youre a republican don’t deny. You vote gop right? You voted for trump and bush?

Or maybe you live in a really red state that affords you the luxury of voting libertarian?

pfft

why does it matter???
Yes it does. I bet if you lived in Pa, WI or MI you’d be voting for trump.

You probably live in Kentucky where it doesn’t matter you throw away your vote.

Why won’t you just say what state you vote in?

I'm not a republican,,,

pfft

why does it matter???
Yes it does. I bet if you lived in Pa, WI or MI you’d be voting for trump.

You probably live in Kentucky where it doesn’t matter you throw away your vote.

Why won’t you just say what state you vote in?
because as we see it gives you ammo to make stuff up for personal attacks instead of staying on topic,,,

I'm not a republican,,,

Well I think when it comes to judges, these people put on an act to get the nomination portraying themselves as real conservatives. Roberts? He was nominated by Bush who was never really considered a conservative. It's my understanding that President Trump confided in the Heritage Foundation for their advice on who he should consider.
You guys loved the heritage foundation back in the 2000s. And yes bush was a total conservative. What was he liberal about?

Youre trying to move the bar to the right. Next thing you’ll tell me is McCain was a liberal.

McCain was the biggest liberal of his time. He was the King RINO. Bush did a lot of liberal things like expanding Medicare, caving to Democrats who insisted airport security be run by government, giving Africa 20 million to help fight HIV in effort to buy the black vote, and not stopping the Democrat policies that led to the housing collapse.

I'm not knocking the Heritage Foundation, just pointing out that Trump went to a conservative group to give him suggestions on Supreme Court nominees.

On social issues sure. They love these wedge issues that divide us and don’t matter. How many times has the court sided with corporations vs we the people? Every time. Fuck guns, god, gays and racism. They only use these wedge issues to sucker poor white socially conservatives into voting for the party for the rich

You are totally divorced from politics if you think it's the right in bed with the rich. Hillary outspent Trump three to one. Where did she get all that money, from homeless people?

Look at the most wealthy people in our country. They are Democrats. Trump attempted to make a deal with Hillary. He said he would show his tax returns if she provided a transcript of what she said to Wall Street in her address to them. Hillary didn't even entertain the offer.

Roberts will compromise any position to avoid having the dems pack the Court after McConnell not allowing Garland a hearing, except for the right of corporations to control capital … and speech.
Consider the decision in the Seila Law case, released the same day as the Louisiana abortion ruling. Roberts wrote for the majority in striking down the configuration of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the brainchild of Elizabeth Warren that was enacted as law under President Obama. Congress created the institution to be led by a single director who could be removed by the executive branch only for cause, that is, if he or she engaged in some kind of malfeasance or negligence.
This kind of protection for agency heads has been imposed by Congress and accepted by the Supreme Court. However, it has never been popular with the advocates of limited government, who view complete executive branch control as a means to curb the growth of these federal agencies and the bureaucracy in Washington

The biggest blow Roberts gave us was his decision on Commie Care. The law listed the non-compliance penalty as a fine, and Roberts said just call it a tax and he's okay with it. But it doesn't work that way. It has to be changed legislatively for it to be an actual tax. In spite of Ears breaking his promise he will never impose a tax on anybody making less than 250K a year, that's what he called it from that point forward.

Roberts didn't just side with the Democrats, he went well out of his way to side with them.

On social issues sure. They love these wedge issues that divide us and don’t matter. How many times has the court sided with corporations vs we the people? Every time. Fuck guns, god, gays and racism. They only use these wedge issues to sucker poor white socially conservatives into voting for the party for the rich

You are totally divorced from politics if you think it's the right in bed with the rich. Hillary outspent Trump three to one. Where did she get all that money, from homeless people?

Look at the most wealthy people in our country. They are Democrats. Trump attempted to make a deal with Hillary. He said he would show his tax returns if she provided a transcript of what she said to Wall Street in her address to them. Hillary didn't even entertain the offer.
So dont tell me they are also extreme liberals.

So dont tell me they are also extreme liberals.

If they are Democrats, they are liberals. I don't know what your category is for an "extreme" liberal. In any case, they obviously vote Democrat, and that's the point I was making.

Forum List

Back