Democrats: You're not there yet.

Trump is the one who ignored months of warnings about this, slashed the agencies to deal with such crisis, and is STILL trying to overrule the sensible people on how to deal with it. As bad as this is, Trump would make it worse left to his own devices.

The President took advice from various people that knew much more about it than he did: his medical staff, the CDC, the FDA, Homeland Security and so forth. Now unless you can show me that any of those people told the President to shut down the country earlier than he did, then all you are trying to do is attach blame to somebody that had nothing to do with it.

I'm happy for you, but it's STILL welfare buddy. Since you are relatively young, you will probably collect everything you paid into it within seven years... and you'll still come back looking for more. That's welfare, buddy. As opposed to most people who get 'traditional' welfare, who often have jobs or are only on assistance for a few years. They are also paying into the system.

Joe, nearly half of the people in our country pay nothing in income tax--zero. Anybody who needs standard welfare are likely poor people who fit into that category for the rest of their lives. They put nothing in, and are taking a lot out, even if or when they do start to work again. That's true welfare.

I don't know how long I'm going to live, just like you don't. If I get this virus, there is a good chance that will be the end of me. I have three of the conditions that put me in that risk factor. That's not too promising of odds. One, perhaps, but three is a long shot at recovery, especially when one of my conditions is the top killer associated with this virus.

Which tells me that the standards are kind of bullshit.. but never mind. So by your own statements, you are only disallowed to drive a truck because of government regulations. My sister was LEGITIMATELY BLIND. But they thought she could do other things.

I can't speak of your sister because I'm not familiar with her condition. Being legally blind has several levels of severity just like being deaf, or most any other medical condition.

What I can do is relay my lawyers (who I didn't need) advice on their 15 year window. I've been driving a truck for over 35 years, so my lawyer told me I would probably have no problem getting disability. Now if I took a job working with my cousin doing remodeling during the Obama recession, or perhaps ran a bar for a friend, then I would have had recent experience in other lines of work. They could and would hold that against me. But it would have to be something other than my profession in that 15 year time period.

I didn't ask for this. I didn't want this. I was forced into it. I'm a victim of federal bureaucracy. If it were up to me, I would be at work Monday morning. Since that's not possible beyond my control, then I'm making the best of it as I can, and that's all anybody can do.

So basically your response had nothing to do what was posted. Drugs are crossed used all the time and to say different because you hate a person is completely idiotic.

I responded... Doctors don't think it will do any good, and Trump clearly has an agenda in pushing this quackery.

I can't make it any simpler for you, Stalker-Georgio.

He is your quote, "Those would be the drugs all the doctors say shouldn't be used because that's not even what they were designed for."

Fact: Many drugs are used for other things they are not designed for.
Fact: There are doctors using the drug and are seeing positive results, in fact in France their case studies are very promising. So you idea that "all the doctors say" is an out and out lie.

The fact you are back to your childish name calling is more proof you were embarrassed and wrong.

The $1200 helps everyone, quickly, there are other plans like the additional $600 unemployment buffer that should rollout only to the unemployed.

The issue now is the government trying to figure how to get the money out faster.

The way to get money out faster to the people is to get rid of Democrats. I hope we all remember that next election.

The rest of the story.....

Democrats, led by Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, had pushed for a package totaling $500 billion, including the $250 billion in small-business funds and an additional $100 billion for hospitals and $150 billion for states and local governments.

Yes, and Republicans met him half way by allowing the spending for small business, given the fact small businesses are our largest employers in this country. But you know how Democrats are, it's either all their way, or no way at all.
Actually, the Dems want more and McConnell is cheapening out.
The matter will be resolved next week.
Yes, he's trying to keep unnecessary spending down. The point is that it's the Democrats who are holding up the works, not the Republicans.
WTF?

He is already at $2.2 trillion with no end in sight

Why are you worrying about it? You didn’t mind Obama throwing money at the economy in 2009.
That’s the point

Investors had pulled out of the market. Employers were laying off 750,000 a month. An influx of cash was needed to stimulate the economy. Republicans bitched about $800 billion

Today, we have millions unemployed. Not because of a bad economy but because Business is shuttered due to an infectious virus. No amount of money is going to change that. Yet Trump threw $2.2 trillion at it.

We are in a recession and almost a depression if we don't act quickly. This economy is not going to bounce right back after the Covid-19 threat disappears. The summer is a loss for the trade and tourism season. People are not going to start spending money right away, people will behind in mortgages, rent and other bills. This is going to take several months t get up and going again, this is as bad as I have seen in my life time.
Exactly right

That is why we should not start pumping money into the economy until it is open for business.

So in the meantime, families go without and wait to get kicked out of their homes and it's all good because we need to wait until it is over. I was against the last bail out in 2008 under Bush, because it was greedy being greedy that got the world in trouble.

This is much different, this is government preventing the spread of the virus. People in real need, need to survive through this. They need to not lose further ground because of something they can't fix on their own. Small businesses have been shuttered and the longer it takes for them to reopen, the less that will reopen. Much of this money will keep people afloat until the bans are lifted. Profits for 2020 will be gone and the employment rate will stay high because there is nothing to go back to.

I am for the poor, the families that are struggling, the small businesses that have been devastated in all of this. Big corporations are not hurting as bad as the little guys and it is the little guys that need the help, not the big corporations. Of the $2 trillion, more should have been aimed at helping the middle class, the poor and small businesses that carry America on their backs.
I’ve already said we need to concentrate on those immediately affected.

Giving $1200 to those who do not need it does not help

How do you decide who needs $1200 or not?
Those who are out of work because of virus related closures
Those who have the disease or are taking care of someone
Business owners forced to close.
Medical care professionals

I would give them a lot more than $1200

What did DumBama do during his recession? He reduced social security taxes for those who were working. This is not much different of an approach, and that is trying to aid the working class of our society.

The President took advice from various people that knew much more about it than he did: his medical staff, the CDC, the FDA, Homeland Security and so forth. Now unless you can show me that any of those people told the President to shut down the country earlier than he did, then all you are trying to do is attach blame to somebody that had nothing to do with it.

Trump never shut the country down, that was the point. The governors had to do that.

Joe, nearly half of the people in our country pay nothing in income tax--zero. Anybody who needs standard welfare are likely poor people who fit into that category for the rest of their lives. They put nothing in, and are taking a lot out, even if or when they do start to work again. That's true welfare.

That's simply not true. You only get to that number if you include children and retirees.

I don't know how long I'm going to live, just like you don't. If I get this virus, there is a good chance that will be the end of me. I have three of the conditions that put me in that risk factor. That's not too promising of odds. One, perhaps, but three is a long shot at recovery, especially when one of my conditions is the top killer associated with this virus.

Guy, you can't have it both ways. Either you are really a very ill guy, in which case the government was perfectly justified pulling your ass off the road, or you are malingering.

I didn't ask for this. I didn't want this. I was forced into it. I'm a victim of federal bureaucracy. If it were up to me, I would be at work Monday morning. Since that's not possible beyond my control, then I'm making the best of it as I can, and that's all anybody can do.

No, buddy, you are a victim of your own pity and self whining. Before Trump wrecked the economy, you'd have probably had no problem getting into other lines of work, providing you had a good resume. You didn't even try.

Fact: There are doctors using the drug and are seeing positive results, in fact in France their case studies are very promising. So you idea that "all the doctors say" is an out and out lie.

The fact you are back to your childish name calling is more proof you were embarrassed and wrong.

Stalker-Georgio, you can go on and on about "Doctors in France", but Doctors in this country are saying don't do it.

I posted the articles... this is quackery...

Stalker-Georgio, you can go on and on about "Doctors in France", but Doctors in this country are saying don't do it.

I'm not an expert but there are results proving it to be viable treatment, not a cure, but a treatment. I'm not sure if it is good or not but some doctors are having success. We need to study the cases in full and the circumstances of each patient We need to wait and see and we need to explore the possibilities. To dismiss it because of politics is stupid. To claim medicine isn't meant to be in ways other than what it is designed for is idiotic.

The $1200 helps everyone, quickly, there are other plans like the additional $600 unemployment buffer that should rollout only to the unemployed.

The issue now is the government trying to figure how to get the money out faster.

The way to get money out faster to the people is to get rid of Democrats. I hope we all remember that next election.

Democrats, led by Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, had pushed for a package totaling $500 billion, including the $250 billion in small-business funds and an additional $100 billion for hospitals and $150 billion for states and local governments.

Yes, and Republicans met him half way by allowing the spending for small business, given the fact small businesses are our largest employers in this country. But you know how Democrats are, it's either all their way, or no way at all.
Yes, he's trying to keep unnecessary spending down. The point is that it's the Democrats who are holding up the works, not the Republicans.
WTF?

Why are you worrying about it? You didn’t mind Obama throwing money at the economy in 2009.
That’s the point

Investors had pulled out of the market. Employers were laying off 750,000 a month. An influx of cash was needed to stimulate the economy. Republicans bitched about $800 billion

Today, we have millions unemployed. Not because of a bad economy but because Business is shuttered due to an infectious virus. No amount of money is going to change that. Yet Trump threw $2.2 trillion at it.

We are in a recession and almost a depression if we don't act quickly. This economy is not going to bounce right back after the Covid-19 threat disappears. The summer is a loss for the trade and tourism season. People are not going to start spending money right away, people will behind in mortgages, rent and other bills. This is going to take several months t get up and going again, this is as bad as I have seen in my life time.
Exactly right

That is why we should not start pumping money into the economy until it is open for business.

So in the meantime, families go without and wait to get kicked out of their homes and it's all good because we need to wait until it is over. I was against the last bail out in 2008 under Bush, because it was greedy being greedy that got the world in trouble.

This is much different, this is government preventing the spread of the virus. People in real need, need to survive through this. They need to not lose further ground because of something they can't fix on their own. Small businesses have been shuttered and the longer it takes for them to reopen, the less that will reopen. Much of this money will keep people afloat until the bans are lifted. Profits for 2020 will be gone and the employment rate will stay high because there is nothing to go back to.

I am for the poor, the families that are struggling, the small businesses that have been devastated in all of this. Big corporations are not hurting as bad as the little guys and it is the little guys that need the help, not the big corporations. Of the $2 trillion, more should have been aimed at helping the middle class, the poor and small businesses that carry America on their backs.

What did DumBama do during his recession? He reduced social security taxes for those who were working. This is not much different of an approach, and that is trying to aid the working class of our society.
Again
The Great Obama put money into an economy that had businesses failing.

Our businesses are not failing, they are shut down due to virus. No amount of money will reverse that

WTF?

That’s the point

Exactly right

Again

Our businesses are not failing, they are shut down due to virus. No amount of money will reverse that

That's why the President is trying to help small businesses. However once again, the Democrats stalled that help, or may not allow the President to help at all. We know the commies want our economy to crash and burn for political advantage.

Only your leftist doctors are saying that.

WTF?

That’s the point

Exactly right

Again

That's why the President is trying to help small businesses. However once again, the Democrats stalled that help, or may not allow the President to help at all. We know the commies want our economy to crash and burn for political advantage.
Democrats stalled because they wanted MORE

Isn’t Ingraham the one who denied there was a problem and that Liberals were overreacting?

Guy, you can't have it both ways. Either you are really a very ill guy, in which case the government was perfectly justified pulling your ass off the road, or you are malingering.

I am very ill, but able to do my job. However looking back, it's the best thing that happened to me because of this virus. I wouldn't want to be dealing with dozens of people every day with this thing going around. I don't leave the house unless I have to. In fact, this is the first year that my family is not going to celebrate Easter together.

No, buddy, you are a victim of your own pity and self whining. Before Trump wrecked the economy, you'd have probably had no problem getting into other lines of work, providing you had a good resume. You didn't even try.

You don't need a resume for a minimum wage job. That's all that's out there unless you possess a skill. This isn't the 70's with unions forcing industry to pay you top dollar to turn nuts onto bolts.

50% of small businesses fail. Why should they get a welfare check from the government?

I'd be very reluctant to go to a Right Wing Doctor for much of anything.

Isn’t Ingraham the one who denied there was a problem and that Liberals were overreacting?

I watch her show religiously (unless there is a guest host) and I don't recall that. But if she did, it was early on when nobody realized how bad this problem could get.

I am very ill, but able to do my job. However looking back, it's the best thing that happened to me because of this virus. I wouldn't want to be dealing with dozens of people every day with this thing going around. I don't leave the house unless I have to. In fact, this is the first year that my family not going to celebrate Easter together.

Neither is mine. But again, if you were as sick as you say you are, then the government was correct in pulling you off the road.

You don't need a resume for a minimum wage job. That's all that's out there unless you possess a skill. This isn't the 70's with unions forcing industry to pay you top dollar to turn nuts onto bolts.

Actually, if you are only setting your sites on Min Wage jobs, that's on you. It's pretty easy to transition to other lines of work with a well-written resumes, I've helped people do it hundreds of times. I've helped people who have been out of the workforce for years because they were stay at home parents. This nonsense that "I can't possibly find a job outside of trucking" is an excuse, but you are full of them.

50% of small businesses fail. Why should they get a welfare check from the government?

So that people have a job when this thing lets up???

I'd be very reluctant to go to a Right Wing Doctor for much of anything.

You're reluctant to address anybody that goes against your brainwashing. Your head just might explode. That's why you didn't watch the video to see what these two AMERICAN doctors had to say.

I watch her show religiously (unless there is a guest host) and I don't recall that. But if she did, it was early on when nobody realized how bad this problem could get.

When was this? We all knew this was going to be bad months ago, but Trump dithered and called it a hoax and his allies on Faux News downplayed it until the bodies started piling up.

1586609596567.png

So that people have a job when this thing lets up???

But will they? A lot of these small businesses aren't going to reopen regardless, should they get a check?

A lot of them have already fired their current staff and hire new staff for less money. Should they get a check?

You're reluctant to address anybody that goes against your brainwashing. Your head just might explode. That's why you didn't watch the video to see what these two AMERICAN doctors had to say.

I could care less what anyone on Faux News has to say.

Forum List

Back